Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » help....worried!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help....worried!
2worried4comfort
Neophyte
Member # 5323

Icon 9 posted      Profile for 2worried4comfort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Well i had sex about a month ago or a little more. It was unprotected and i was on my period, he also pulled out. Now it is time for my period and i have not gotten it yet. I usually get it from 18-35 days after my last period.It is not regular but Usually about 25. Now it has been 30 days and i am starting to get really worried. I told my boyfriend that i am kinda late and we don't know what to do. My mom would totally go crazy if i
Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2worried4comfort
Neophyte
Member # 5323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2worried4comfort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...sorry this is the rest of my problem.
------------------------------------------
told her that i was kissing my boyfriend much less having sex. If i am pregnant then it is going to tear my family along with my boyfiends apart. I have not been feeling sick....i have only experienced normal symptoms that come around the time of my period like acne, bloating and mild cramps. I think it may be in my head but i feel a little poochie in my stomach and my boobs feel a little fuller. I don't know. Please help. This is a huge problem.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is sperm in the pre-ejaculate and you can ovulate any time. Thus, being on your period and pulling out does nothing to protect you from pregnancy and STDs.

Go get a pregnancy test ASAP. You can surely find out tonight or tomorrow, whenever you get the test. Then make an appointment at a clinic and get tested for STDs. Get your test results and we'll go on from there. Good luck.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2worried4comfort
Neophyte
Member # 5323

Icon 7 posted      Profile for 2worried4comfort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything is ok. I got my period today!! Thank God. Now i am going to either stop having sex or get on birth control. This last month i have had too much to worry about and i am not old enough to have to worry about things like pregnancy. Thanks for your help but i am positive i will never have unprotected sex again, even if i am on my period. BAD IDEA, END OF STORY!

Lee
Activist
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to hear you're not pregnant. I'm glad to hear you're going to start using birth control, or stop having sex. The best thing to do is use multiple forms of birth control at the same time. Imagine if you used condoms, birth control pills, a diaphragm, spermacidal cream, etc. all at the same time. If you did turn up pregnant then you could legitimately declare that it was an immaculate conception

Lee

Posts: 175 | From: Tempe, AZ USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee's got a good point in suggesting you use a back-up form of birth control (in addition to condoms, which have the dual purposes of protecting you against pregnancy and disease, and are the cheapest and easiest method of birth control to find), but I'd avoid anything spermicidal, as spermicide is basically just strong soap, which tends to irritate the genitals, and make them more prone to STI contraction, and general irritation. (Whoa, was that all one sentence?)
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.