Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Sexual Activity Risks (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sexual Activity Risks
olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for olemgirlygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum is for the woman who have not actually had intercourse but who are experiencing some pregnancy scares from other sexual activities that pose either a no pregnancy risk or a very small pregnancy risk.

Right now I am having a little pregnancy scare myself. Though there was no ejaculation involved in my situation but I am worried my boyfriend had pre-cum on his fingers before he fingered me. I remember being with him all day and he did go to the washroom a couple hours before we even did this so that would mean there shouldn’t be any sperm in his pre-cum right because he urinated? Anyways he did go again a couple mins before we did this and told me he needed to adjust himself in the washroom and he would be back. I didn’t hear the tap running or anything so I know he didn’t wash his hand. When he came back we began kissing and touching, I don’t even know if he had any pre-cum on his hands in the first place but I still worry he might have. Anyways after that I put both my panties and jeans on and gave him a bj. He cummed but not any wear near my area because I was wearing clothing and most of it went in my mouth but went to the washroom to wash my hands after. Can anyone help me relaxed and tell me that I shouldn’t worry about a pregnancy risk here? Even though I was already told I don’t have a risk I am still so worried. Can anyone answer me who has been in a similar situation?

Also I have been on birth control for a year now but this month I messed up my pill and started it a day late by accident. I took my starting pill the next time as usual and took another later that day, and then I just started taking my regular pills everyday as usual. Then 4 days after started my pill we did this activity and I am worried I was ovulating at this time. They say to wait a complete 7 days before having intercourse to be safe from pregnancy. I know I didn’t have intercourse but I am still so worried. Can someone please help me?

Posts: 44 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!!! I just found this!! I was going to give you directions on how to get to mine buutt that's ok: ) we will use this thread: ) First off I would like to say that you are even better off since you are on birth controll!! I COMPLETELY understand your anxiety: / like I shared I had a similar scare(boyfriend touches himself with possible pre-cum then proceeds to touch you) I have a question what caused you to even worry in the first place? For me it was this: I have been actively participating in manual sex for roughly 2 1/2 years(meaning that it has always been performed on me minus the first time I did it to my boyfriend when I had my scare) one day in april, a few days before my period was due I wondered to myself mmmm could manual sex result in pregnancy? I looked it up on the internet(bad idea NEVER go to yahoo) and it said it was possible if there was ejaculate. Well my period came and I forgot about it until my recent scare later in the month. After doing some research I have found that it really is not possible MAYBE and only MAYBE if there was fresh EJACULATE and a lot of it(it would be noticable) and it was IMMEADITLEY transfered to the vulva or inside the vagina.
The thing is though I guess sperm are usually rarely found in pre-ejaculate if there is it is quite less. Sperm can only live inside the vagina and in semen. once the semen is gone or dried the sperm is no longer viable. It is to my understanding that sperm are not very strong as well. Although it takes ONE sperm to fertilize an egg its over 100 helpers to get there. In my case I was NOT ovulating so the fluid or discharge in me down there is actually poinson to sperm. it makes it much more harder for them to survive. my boyfriend did not finger me but he only rubbed me. the sperm would not have been able to swim up there IF there was any present. Which I feel there wasn't.
I mean think about it: if his hand touched a varitey of places after touching himself they are EXTREMELY likely to rub the precum off. in your case the door handle then your clothes and then FINALLY you. in my case the steering wheel my waist, he even rubbed his hands on my jeans!
YET after knowing ALL of this we still worry??(btw i am not familar with birth control pills but if it was your starting pill, does that mean it was the start of your cycle?? if so you MORE THEN LIKELY would NOT be ovulating that soon)
I think that as much we think we were ready to partake in these kinds of activities we really, in all honestly weren't. I suggest talking to your boyfriend. Do you think you should take a break from sexual activities until you are ready? That is what my boyfriend and I have decided.
you know what the REALLY crazy thing about me is? I have had TWO not one but TWO periods since my scare and I am STILL worried. Although I will say my period is due within the next week, and I think I am feeling my usual symtoms(at least I hope! Knock on wood!)I also think I feel so horrible about this because before this I would comment on how so many teens where getting pregnant! I shouldn't have. I don't know their stories, I don't know their lives. I feel horrible and I feel as though this is karma:/

Posts: 43 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh one more thing that may give you a piece of mind: my friend messed up her pills and her doctor gave her a new pack just to start again, she was perfectly fine! Her and her boyfriend engage in sexual intercourse and birth control is THE ONLY form of protection they use,no condoms no pull out no nothing.

By the way you are still welcome to look at my thread I started and see the replies I have gotten there from other. Just click on my name, it is in bold on the left side of this, it should take you too my profile. In the top right hand corner it says view recent posts, click on "How do I get over it?"

Posts: 43 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kudos to the two of you for finding a way to support each other in this! [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for olemgirlygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for replying so late and thank you for your support that does help me. I think to myself everyday of how can this be a risk and I just think all the time if I am not paying attention for one second that he touched himself without noticing then touched me or when we are dry humping with our clothes on say just my underwear and shorts and his penis is exposed that it might have pushed to the side and I could get pregnant. I know I am on birth control but usually they say as soon as you miss a one pill which means has to be more than 24hrs you need to use a back-up method for 7days and I did this 4days after missing the pill. I know Birth control still does its duty as protecting you but I am just so scared because I missed one pill and 2 days ago my alarm never went on and I took my pill 1.5hrs late. They usually say if you’re under the 3hr mark you should be okay. So basically with birth control you have 28 pills there are 21 hormonal pills and 7 sugar pills. So when taking your first hormonal pill that would be the first day after you have finished your period. You continue taking them at the same time everyday for 21 days. After that you start taking your sugar pills, when taking the sugar pills is when you should expect to have your period. I read too there is a high chance to get pregnant when missing your pill or starting it late when you start your first cycle, which is what I did..... [Frown] And this morning I woke up with really bad cramps and breast tenderness when I looked at my underwear there was some blood there but not much. I am not supposed to have my period for another 2 weeks! I still am having very bad cramps but very little bleeding so I am worried this is implantation bleeding. It is rare to have I know but I don’t know if I even count this as my period because it is so little, and what if I have no bleeding when my period is suppose to come?

And for you if you have had your period twice since you have done this you are defiantly not pregnant. I read too on this site if your period came when it was suppose to, feels like a period and looks like one it is defiantly your period. This is why I am so worried because mine came when it was not suppose to yet and that is why I am worried it is implantation bleeding.

Posts: 44 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

Even with missing your pill I am quite positive you are fine:)As for your bleeding, I looked up on here as well as another website: it says that bleeding in between periods can be caused by stress, damage to the vagina, AND A MISSED PILL. As you know I am unfortuantley no expert but I in all honesty believe that the reason for this bleeding is a combination of stress and the missed/messed up pill. Implantation bleeding will also be pink or brown. When did you have your "scare" from what I understand it will take almost up to 8-12 days for this to happen.

I know this is stressful but your period will come: ) It seems like the "what ifs" is what ALWAYS haunts us. They leave us stressed and often confuse. The thing is though that we have to TRY to control those thoughts. I know I know easier said then done lol I am trying my hardest right now. I KNOW I am not pregnant but it seems that I can't stop focusing on the "what ifs." Crazy I know lol.

I just asked my mother about bleeding before your period is due when you miss/mess up a pill. She said that was EXTREMELY common and nothing to worry about:) your period should come:) I know the waiting stinks:/ Also from many friends and as well as my mother they have all said that you just know when you are pregnant. I guess it is hard to describe but you know.

As for the dry humping you would FEEL if it touched you,you honestly could not miss it. Personally like I mentioned before you should try talking to your boyfriend about your concerns. It may give you a piece of mind. I know from my side it has helped me a great deal.

Also I have found that having more knowledge about how pegnancy really works makes me feel better. Is there anything you would like to know? I am no expert but I can sure share with you some reliable information that I have found.

When I first had my "scare" I actually spoke to my friend, her sister, and their aunt. They all are very well educated when it comes to sex. Their aunt has delivered tons of babies. When I asked her about it she kinda laughed and said I was fine:) This definately applies to you too.

For these next two weeks try focusing on what makes you happy, relax, watch a movie, and eat fudge bars: ) ha it has helped me! lol

olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

My scare was 8 exactly 8 days ago from when we did that till when I started bleeding which was yesterday. Omgosh I do fall under between 8-12 days..... how could this happen? I am so scared right now. I can't stop thinking about it. I know you said I don't have a risk but I don't know how to calm down......
girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

Sorry!!! what I meant is that implantation bleeding will occur 8-12 days AFTER ovulation. You said that your period is due in two weeks. While it can be difficult to pin point ovulation it MOST MOST MOST often occurs in the middle of your cycle OR roughly 12-14 days before your next period.SO after knowing that you should also know that semen can only live inside of you for 7 days AT THE MOST, most don't live past five. Since your scare occured 8 days ago it is pretty safe to say that even if there was any sperm(which there wasn't: ) ) they wouldn't be present for ovulation: ) After logically thinking this through this just doesn't really fit the scenario for implantation bleeding:) Also it IS pretty rare.

I am sorry for scaring you and not explaining myself clearly the first time!! THE MOST understandable cause for your bleeding is the fact that you messed up your pill and stres.

It's hard to calm down. I mean look at me two periods and I still get anxiety over it?! Maybe talking about it with an adult might help? Maybe your mom or an aunt or simply an adult friend? Talking about it with my mom helped me A LOT. Go and do things that will distract you until your period arrives. WHICH I know it will: ) If mine did yours will too: )

Right now I am somewhat anxious myself, I have been experiencing more white discharge then usual and some clear as well. It has been hard to track my ovulation day because I got a yeast infection at the end of my last period so I was not abe to track my discharge as well since I had to use this cream for it. Some say that an increase in discharge could be a symtom of pregnancy, but they also say that it is normal for discharge to increase before the start of your period. What are your thoughts on it?

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just stepping in for a sec to mention that one of the ways, really the primary way, the birth control pill works is to prevent ovulation. So, talking about ovulation when one is already taking the birth control pill isn't terribly useful. [Smile]

WE have a lot of articles on Scarleteen explaining how the pill works, what to do about late pills, etc. It sounds like both of you are adept at exploring the site so I'll let you find those for yourselves; if you'd like links, just ask. [Smile]

Also, when talking about implantation bleeding, it's really important to remember that it is rare, rare, rare. Less than a quarter of all women will experience it.

Okay, vacating the floor now. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Okay thanks, its okay you’re just trying to help. Well I am not sure when I would be ovulating but I am still extremely scared because I was told not to have intercourse after 7days of missing that one pill and even though I didn't have intercourse I still think the activity I did might cause a pregnancy. And like you said I had no risk from the activity I did yesterday and that was dry humping with my boyfriend. I was told from a pharmacist to wait 7days which I think I am okay because we did this after 7days and when he did this he was exposed but I had both a pad and my underwear because I was bleeding. I could be bleeding because I messed up my cycle but I still am confused if this is my period.... like it looks like one and feels like one. I have the whole bit breast tenderness, cramps and bleeding but it came when I was taking my hormonal pills so I still don’t know if I count this bleeding as my period this cycle. I am still bleeding now; I have been for a complete 2days. What do you think? No girl you are defiantly not pregnant. If you want to ease your mind take a pregnancy test. I think I am going to in a week just to ease my mind.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've only recently started taking birth control, sometimes it can take the withdrawal bleeds a while to work themselves out and come when you expect it to.

I'm sorry; it appears I wasn't clear above; people who take the birth control pill rarely if ever ovulate because one of the primary ways the pill works is by not allowing ovulation to happen.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

I have been taking it for more then a year so it shouldn't be that. I am just confused to say that I don't know if the bleeding I am having now is actually my period because it didn't come on time but it feels just like a period and looks like one. Well when I am on birth control it is usually red and brown and that is what it looks like now. So your saying I can rarely ovulate even if I missed my pill over 24hrs? I didn't realize till the next morning so instead of taking it wed morning I took it thurs moring and took another later that day.
girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

Thanks Robin! And yeah I understand that the pill prevents ovulation, I thought that I had wrote that but I obviously didn't! My bad. But thank you: )

I honestly cannot tell you if it is your period. I would wait and see if it lasts longer. But either way it's nothing to worry about. And llike Robin said implantation bleeding is REALLYYYY rare. Anndd implantation bleeding is usually just a spot. And yes you veerrrryyy rarely ovulate. Sorry I honestly thought I had mentioned that. I only added the information about ovulation so you could have more information on how things work, and to prove even more that you in all honestly could not be pregnant coupled with the fact that you are on birth control and there was no risk: )

And yeah you are definatley okay from the dryhumping as their was a barrier ANNDDD you are on birth control that is effectively working.

Implantation bleeding is ruled out FOR SURE!! This could very well be your period as I said though I am not well educated when it comes to birth control. Robin could you please post a link for her to go to that could maybe explain this for her?

And I WANT to take a pregnancy test but my mom says it would be a waste of money. All my friends who would go buy one for me are out of town for a couple of weeks, and I honestly do not have enough courage to go buy one myself plusss I live in a small area so almost eveyone knows me and I don't want them to see: /

Robin I also have a question for you if you wouldn't mind answering how rare is decidual bleeding?

olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Thanks so much to the both of you for your replies! Okay I will wait to see how long it goes on for then. It’s confusing I read you usually don’t have any cramps or backaches if you were to have implantation and it doesn’t last more than a day. I read on another threads that it is usually the size of a pin needles’ head - little dots like that. I read also that some woman barely even notice it because it is such a small bleeding as well. My pad is fairly full but still light and I have pretty heavy cramps and breast tenderness still. It’s confusing as well because it is a little light as my usual period but birth control makes your periods light and usually last not as long so that’s why it is more confusing. I will wait to see tomorrow morning though if I have more. Okay thanks then I should be okay for the second time but still on edge for the 1st time. It’s just because he actually did put his finger inside me pretty far while your bf only rubbed your area which makes it less likely but I know it is still a low chance and I am still not sure if he even had pre-cum on his finger in the first place. Well in my opinion I don’t think it is a waste of money if it will make you feel better. Anxiety and stress does nothing but really ruin your body so if you just take a test to make you feel better I don’t think it’s a waste. I get what you are saying though it is embarrassing. Maybe ask someone to buy it for you? Well anyways I have bought it a few times and I just hide it under my arm so no one see’s it and I go to the pharmacy counter instead of the front counter. The pharmacy counters are more understanding and I find are mostly girls (unless it’s just the one I go too) and really fast service, usually no one is there and you can buy it quickly and put it in your purse right away. Just a thought though you don’t have to buy one if you don’t want too, I just know I got to or I am going to drive myself crazy not knowing.
girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

I never thought of going to the pharmacy place to check out! I may do it: ) I think I am going to wait for my period to come though first, and if it comes and is regular then I will worry no more: ) Annndd your chance isn't even low for you it is pretty much impossible! And I understand why it could be confusing! I would be confused too!! Buuttt yeahhh that is for sure not implantation bleeding. I would not relate this bleeding to pregnancy at alllll: ) I don't know much about birth control pills but I wish I could be of more help, to try and figure out for sure what is going on. (no pregnancy though, that is ruled out) Let me know what it's like today: )
olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Aw thanks so much, you are really helping me feel more calm. Yeah I do it all the time, I never want to go to the front counter ever. Yeah I am still bleeding red and brown and it's quite heavy still I am wearing a pretty big pad. Uh this is so confusing I mean I am happy that I am bleeding but still don't know if I should call it my period. I have been bleeding for 3days now. If it last maybe 2 more days would you call it a period? I still have cramps too and breast tenderness.
girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

You are welcome!! And thank YOU! I am starting to feel better too!! If I were in your position I would call it a period. I know that you were not suppose to have a period for another two weeks or so buttt from what it seems I think the fact that you messed up your pill could have messed with your cycle and caused this bleeding. I would ALSO call this a period if there is no other bleeding when your expected period is due. HOWEVER I think you could still bleed then and they BOTH could be your periods. For a few months I had a period roughly every week and a half.

Sooo as of right now I think you could safely assume this is your period. (I am no expert but that is honestly what it appears like to me) Also the fact that you are stressing could definately add to the cause of your period being early. When was your last period? How long does it usually last?

I am starting to get anxious, my period should be here somewhat soon. I just wish I could fast forward time!! I really hope I get it and that it is heavy for at least 2-3 days! The reason I became concerned again was because my period for the month of June was only having for about a day then the next 6 days were light with lots of brown. I did have severe cramps like usual at the begining. And my period in May was EXTREMELY normal. I have already been told that it's okay to have lighter periods. They can differ each month. I HAVE experienced this where my period is lighter one month then heavy the next. Am I just worrying over nothing?

Also in like 3 more days or so I would be considered 12 weeks pregnant. So I am SURE I would FEEL pregnant if I was don't you think?

olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Oh good I am glad! I might have over exaggerated a bit. So my period is well I am counting from when I regularly get my period which is when I take the third sugar pill. So it is exactly 2 weeks if I counted it from the first day I bleed to when I usually get my period but not sure if I should count from the first sugar pill. If I count from the first sugar pill it is only about 10 days, so basically my period came 10 days before it should have came. Really? Wow that makes me feel a lot better thanks! That is true too with all this stress and messing up my cycle. I read too it is very common for your period to come early if you take a pill late or miss a pill. I called one of the pharmacy’s I go to and that is what she said as well and it is normal and sounds like my period but.... still want to take a test just to be 100% sure you know? My periods usually last between um most 5 days depends though on the month. My periods are extremely heavy when not on birth control that is why I am on it and cause of my bf too lol.

I know... it is tuff waiting that is the worst part, it will come try not to stress. You cannot be bleeding for 7days and be pregnant. That’s not possible. You need the blood for the baby to survive if you have lost that much blood and I know you said it was light but can’t for that many amount of days. If you have that probably means in a miscarriage not that you had one because you are not pregnant to even begin with. Oh yes by now you would feel symptoms. Woman usually find after they have realized they missed they period they start to have symptoms. When was the last time you have this sexual activity with your bf?

girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

That's great that that's what they said at the pharmacy!! See no worries: ) : ) Annnddd the last time I had this sexual activity with my boyfriend was two days after my period ended in...April. Lol it was awhile ago. After that I got my period for may only a day or two early and it was heavy for the first two three days then began to taper off. It only lasted 6 days.(my period either goes from 6 to 7 it just depends) For the month of June it was right on time! lol

Do you think the stress could have made it lighter? Also at the end of may I was given a shot for my allergies and I was put on medication. They said that the shot SHOULD NOT be taken if pregnant. So obviously it is pretty strong. Maybe coupled with the fact that I was stressed AND I was put on medication could have altered my period just a bit?

I guess sometimes I just convince myself my stomach is growing ha. And yeah I totally understand about taking the test just to ease your mind! I really hope you continue bleeding today! To me that woud FOR SURE be a period! Even if it doesn't it just has got to be your period.

And yeah that's what my mom said. Women who are pregnant and bleeding are sent to the hospital because it indicates complications with the pregnancy! So I have got to be ok: ) My breast are a LITTLE sore today(they don't always get to sore before my period) and im sorry this may be tmi butt when I go to the bathroom drips of cloudy discharge liquidy stuff come out of me and that is pretty much ALWAYS a sure sign of my period. I hope it is this time too!!

By the way thank you so much for everything! This is definately helping me! I was kinda nervous about asking if you wanted to talk about it in the first place, I didn't want to come off as creepy lol But I am glad we have gotten to talk about it! It is really helping me!!

olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Yeah that is what she said. So you’re saying 2 months ago? If you had a heavy period after that you cannot be pregnant and even after you continued to have a period you are still worrying!? If you have a light one that is okay, you will probably have a really heavy one this month then. Yes defiantly if you are stressed and on medication, having a lighter period can mean a lot of things though depending on what you drink and eat even including exercise. I went through the same thing as you a couple months ago I thought I was pregnant even after having 3 periods (I was starting birth control so my periods were all weird.) Since you are not on birth control and if you’re a few days late or early periods that’s not a big deal. It’s more worry some when you’re on birth control and your periods don’t come on time, because birth control is suppose to regulate your period not make it all weird .When I was not only birth control sometimes I would have a really heavy periods or a really light one. Even times I would get a period a week early or even a week late. That’s great news so that means your period is coming! Your fine, trust me! Oh no not at all! I wanted to talk to someone too! I thank you for all your help as well and you’re welcome. You only helped me calm down so I am just returning the favor lol.
Got some more bleeding today but it is calming down, not as much blood as the first 3days. I think I am safe to say that was my period. I will feel better though after this cycle is over and I can start fresh, no messing up my birth control pills next time and I am going to tell my bf he has to wash his hands before touching me because I just can’t keep worrying all the time like this it is not good. Like I want to enjoy doing things with my bf but I just always worrying and if he really cares he will do it and understand where I am coming from.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Just popping in with some links to read up on the birth control pill:

How do birth control pills really work, even during the placebo period?

Three questions about taking the birth control pill (and plenty of answers)

and a reminder of which sexual activities absolutely will not pose pregnancy risks:

NO Pregnancy Risks

--------------------
Robin

girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

yeahhhh I know I am crazy to worry! lol I honestly do feel MUCH better!! I love this website! ha it has been extremely helpful!!

And yeah I think you are safe to say it was your period: ) I would definately tell your boyfriend that!! My boyfriend is currently gone for four months: / but I don't think I will engage in any sexual activities for at least a few months after he gets back. But we talked about it and he said that when I was ready he would wash his hands: ) At first it sounded like he honestly did not want to just because he didn't see how it would pose a risk but I explained my worries to him and he is completley fine with it so I will worry no more: ) So yeah if he really cares about you and your health then he WILL do it!! Please let me know how things turn out, and if you have any more concerns when you start your next cycle! I will be more then happy to help out any way I can!!

I will also keep you informed about if and when my period arrives!! I hope you will still assist me if my anxiety returns! lol but I doing much better! Wish me luck! lol

P.S. I wish YOU the best of luck as well!! and no worries you are a-o-k: )!!

girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

Well still no period...it was due yesterday. ugggg I jst wish it would come...I am worried again grrrr!! why do I keep doing this to myself??!!
olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Hey,

I'm sure you'll be okay, it's okay that your period is late sometimes that happens. When I was not on the pill my period was late all the time that is kind of the reason why I went on birth control too so my periods will come on time. Have you thought of going on birth control to regulate your periods?

So on birth control I always get my period on the friday which was yesterday. That day i told you I started bleeding it was red and brown and days after that is was just brown and a very small amount. Yesterday morning I had some cramps and then I got red and brown blood again like my period was starting over and quite heavy and now today I am having dark brown so I think I am okay since I am having blood now on my sugar pills. I also bought a pregnacy test on Tuesday and took it in the morning and it was negative. I took it about a day before taking my sugar pills. I bought two so after I finish my sugar pills I will take another one.

girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

I just got it today!!! Yay that is IT I am DONE with this worrying crap!! There is obviously NO need to! And yeah I think you are just getting two periods. The first was more then likely because of your messed up pill and then this is your normal one no worries there: ) plus your test came out negative!!

So it is COMPLETELY obvious I am not pregnant as I didn't have a risk, I have noooo symptoms of pregnancy my belly is super flat(like usual) annndd NOW 3 periods=no pregnancy. So that has to mean you are NOT pregnant as well. We both experienced the same thing BUT you are on birth control. Honey you are A_O_K!! And I'm sure this is just your bleeding going back to normal! don't stress it!!!! You ARE NOT PREGNANT!!!!!: )

olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Yay! That is awesome I am so happy. I knew it! lol. Yeah no more worries and for me neither. I am just going to take one more test which is after I finished my sugar pills but yeah I am still on them now. Yeah I get that and all so yeah I think you are right. I know we worry WAY to much. The next time my boyfriend and I actually perform in finguring again I will make sure I tell him to wash his hands first and I am going to practice to actually take my pills on time so I can be more at ease. [Smile]
girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

Hey!! I am not sure if you will see this BUT I just wanted to let you know that I found something out by a Doctor a REALLY good doctor who seriously knows his stuff that might but you more at ease: )

So it is actually a really funny story, I went in for my annual physical, just so I could get checked out to play sports and it turned into one of THE most interesting physicals ever. My mom had made an appointment to see my ACTUAL doctor, not just my nurses just cause she feels more comfortable having him check me out.

Well I walked into his office and he was like "Sooo why are you here?" And my mom wasn't with me sooo I just like eh Idk lol and he started asking me questions about my period and I told him how I got HORRIBLE cramps with it soooo he decided to prescribe me some birth control. We were talking for awhile and I decided to just ask some questions about sexual activities and what not.

I told him how i have been worried for months. I explained to him what happend and how I was concerned about decidual bleeding. This is what he said: Decidual bleeding is so rare, if you got a period it is safe to say you are not pregnant. And to get pregnant a guy has to ejaculate far inside your vagina or directly on it.(just like this website said) lol Then he looks at me and says lets take a pregnancy test. Not because you're pregnant, I know your not, but just to ease your mind.

I will admit I was soooo nervous, and it seriously took two minutes. The nurse walks in(she heard me tell the doctor everything) and she smiles and says honey it's negative lol He told me it was not dumb of me to be worried and he said to call him anytime I am concerned and have questions.

After that was all out of the way he explained the birth control pill a little more in depth. He said EXACTLY this: If you miss/screw up a pill you will get bleeding before your period is actually due. Sometimes it will last two days or it could last more like an actual period. If you mess up you will just have an extra period: )

As soon as he told me this I seriously thought of you! lol I just HAD to tell you. So no worries girl: ) Take my word for it! I promise I did not look this up anywhere, words straight from a doctor: )

Btw I am pretty pumped I got the pregnancy test done! lol I didn't have to go buy one! haha It was free and no embarrassment! haha Best of wishes!! and For sure talk to your boyfriend! I know he will understand: ) : )

Oh and I know it may seem scary but try talking to a doctor if you are ever worried again. It is kind of scary at first but you feel awesome afterwards!!

olemgirlygirl
Activist
Member # 96078

Hey. Thank you so much for letting me know. I am sorry I didn't respond sooner. I had trouble with my internet and for months I have not been able to post on this site. That does make me feel a lot better thanks. How are you doing?
girl10
Activist
Member # 96065

Its okay! And of course!! And I am doing muchhhh better!!

When I am around my boyfriend I still become slightly worried. Sometimes he will lay on top of me for a few seconds and kiss me. during this time I slightly worry that he will become aroused and maybe just maybe some sperm will seep throguh his clothing then through mine and I will become pregnant. I know this is not possible but it still crosses my mind.

Ever since my scare my boyfriend and I have done nothing besides kiss. We are always fully clothed: ) lol So therefore, I should not worry at all right?

How have you been?? Did you period finally go back to normal? Are you handling your stress/worry better?

m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I'm having a lot of trouble right now. I'm in the middle of my like 3rd pregnancy scare... This being the WORST. My bf laid on top of me and we were both unclothed. I am on the pill, and take it as perfectly as I can, but I'm still worried. He said he only got precum on my mons area. but I can't shake the "what if" feeling [Frown] I am so so scared. This happened 8 days ago... My gyno says I should definitely be okay, but Scarleteen has said there was a small risk... So I'm terrified. It's ruining my life worrying. I'm cramping and feeling very tired. Has anyone been through this? I am worried "what if I forget and get over it, then my period doesn't come?"
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I know exactly how you feel. I too am on the pill and still worry about pregnancy. If you are taking your pill as best you can, you are highly protected against pregnancy. If your gynecologist said that you are okay, I would suggest trusting that statement. When are you expecting your bleed? Have you missed any pills? If you haven't missed any pills, your risk is low; and you can always check the "Buddy System" article here on Scarleteen for the numbers. I would try not to worry about this. If you need anything, please come back and talk to us. [Smile]

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to trust what my doctor said soo bad but I still fear. I feel like no one understands [Frown] my bf doesn't get scared, but I feel like I ALWAYS do. I've never missed a pill. I started this pack a day before my incident, and I took it 3 hrs and 45 mins later than normal. But I've had a pill taken every day since I started 3 months ago. My withdrawal bleed isnt due til like two more weeks [Frown]
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand how you feel. I used to be terrified of pregnancy risks from activities that posed less or zero risk; so please, you are not alone in this. If you did not miss a pill, then you are using this method of contraception properly and as best as you possibly can. Are you on a combined pill? If so, three hours and forty-five minutes is not considered "late." Please try not to worry as much. What does your boyfriend think of all this? Have you told him that you are worried? What usually helps you when you're worried or upset? Try watching your favourite tv show or movie, going for a walk, reading a favourite book, or writing. Please take care of yourself.

--------------------

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

I usually paint my nails when I'm stressed, lol. So maybe I should try that. Yes, I'm on the combination pill and haven't skipped. I've told my boyfriend and he said there's no reason to worry. Especially since I am on birth control and we didn't do anything major. He pretty much thinks I'm crazy, but at the same time he talks me through what happened and why I shouldn't worry. It's just hard not to, especially when I have so many other stressful things in my life right now. Typically I calm down when I get a period, but that's still a ways off from now for me :/

And thanks for talking!

copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Painting your nails is so much fun! Try that. Sometimes, I paint every other nail a different colour. [Wink]

I know how you feel. I used to be scared for weeks until my period showed up. Your boyfriend doesn't seem to worry, so perhaps talk to him a bit more if that makes you feel better. I know what you mean about being stressed about other stuff and this worry doesn't make things any easier, but please try not to panic. You haven't missed a pill, which is great. Try to focus on other things - it will make you feel better. I know that's easier said than done, but it might help. You're welcome - anytime!

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.