Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Going to a clinic for STI testing.. support/advice please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to a clinic for STI testing.. support/advice please
Jasmine Ethier
Neophyte
Member # 58718

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jasmine Ethier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Scarleteen,
Its Jasmine Ethier again.

So after a bit of a pregnancy scare (thats leaving me slightly anxious but i will survive) and some good advice from others on this website, i've decided to seek some support and also a place to be tested for STIs.

I live in Southern California, so accessing a place for this is not difficult, but getting myself there will be. My ex-boyfriend parents and my mom have no idea we're still seeing each other and neither of us can drive.

i was just wondering if it was possible for me to call ahead of time and ask the actual clinics if they can offer any input on the situation? or if anyone on here can offer some advice? on how to handle transporation, etc.

I do have a doctors appointment (im getting a physical) next week, and maybe that might be a good opportunity to ask some of the questions ive got?

please & thank you

--------------------
Resiliency is key.

Posts: 14 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By all means, clinics are generally very helpful helping patients get there. If you call them, they will likely be able to help you with public transit routes to get there. If you've never used public transit where you are, or want our help with that, we might be able to help you figure that out, too. Most cities, at this point, have online systems to help you map and plan a trip very easily.

However, you also absolutely can ask your general physician about this if you like and ask that person to do screenings for you if you want. The only issue with that is that if you're using your parents' insurance, the tests may show up on their billing. Otherwise, your privacy is protected in conversations and tests you have done with any healthcare provider.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.