Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » National Condom Week!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: National Condom Week!!
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess what? That's right ... National Condom Week starts this Monday! Just in time for Valentine's Day!
http://www.canoe.com/CNEWSWeirdNews0102/10_two-ap.html

What do you guys think?

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wooHOO! This means free condoms in Sproul Plaza!

wait a minute... last year, i got the freebies for Condom Week, but i was already dating my guy and we haven't been together a full year just yet.

*mentally calculates timeline*

oh well, the more Condom Weeks, the better.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
seems a bit silly to me, all these theme weeks. There is 'leave ure car at home' week (or was that just 1 day), there is 'science week', 'poetry week,' and 'book' week. Do we really need them? What we want is condoms to be freely available all the time, we would like poetry to be constatly available to us through a media which isnt just obsessed with soap operas and sensationalism. And Books should always be encouraged, not just in 1 week.
Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XxFIFxX
Activist
Member # 2109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XxFIFxX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh condom week! The same week as Valentines day (and my bday~~Friday!)... anyone find something odd here?

------------------
*I wish I didn't care, but I do*

Posts: 62 | From: Los Angeles, CA USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms and poetry still exist even when they're not being celebrated, true, but why not celebrate them anyway? It's great to get the word out about anything as cool as them.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, theme weeks are funny.

Here at home, we like to make up our own. We've even celebrated "National Leave a Zucchini on Your Neighbor's Front Porch Week."

...it's always good to have an excuse to be festive and silly.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miz Scarlet:

"National Leave a Zucchini on Your Neighbor's Front Porch Week."

Do you cook it or just leave it on the porch, ring the doorbell and run away?? lol

I really think the changing of the websote made you and Hanne a little coo-coo!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Its the best feeling in the world to know that somebody loves you more then anything in the world! *~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, I was completely loca before you were even born.

I wish I could blame it on work, but alas, that would be a big, fat lie.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.