Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Songs you cannot stop listening to (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Songs you cannot stop listening to
sexualghost
Activist
Member # 26692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexualghost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Add "Let It Linger" By the Cranberries....
Posts: 42 | From: Drifter | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GUMDROP!!! You are SO lucky!! I would love to go to an Imogen concert! [Big Grin] Where was it?

On a different note, it's too bad I missed this thread when it was talking about classical music. How could i overlook it? My favourite is Debussy. His first Arabesque is wonderful. So is "Golliwog's Cakewalk", it's so fun, it makes me think of a fat lazy cat chasing a mouse! (Can anyone tell me what a cakewalk is, or who Golliwog was?). I also like the romantic period, especially Chopin's nocturnes. And Bach's inventions from the Barroque(can you believe his sheet music was discovered covered in meat in a butcher shop?!). From Bach, though everyone over uses it, I love the Tocatta e Fuga (I think) in re minor. From the classical period, my current piece is Bethoveen's Sonata Op. 10, No. 2. Ahhh... the beauty of it all [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AB
Activist
Member # 29608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just gotten into Ladytron, and I can't stop listening to:

Destroy Everything You Touch - Ladytron
Playgirl - Ladytron
24 - Jem
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
Die Another Day - Madonna
Let Go - Frou Frou

I'm going all techno lately. And those songs are so catchy, I can't get enough of them.
24 made me cry the first time I heard it, and I always love songs that make me cry. o.O
Let Go and Such Great Heights make me shiver every time I listen to them.
The lyrics from Die Another Day are so nonsensical, and don't make any sense, but Madonna rocks.
And I love all Ladytron songs, but Playgirl and Destroy Everything You Touch are my favorites.

--------------------
"think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a f***ing sharp knife to it."
- banksy

Posts: 58 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AB
Activist
Member # 29608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I saw Imogen Heap perform the other night, and wow, that girl just blows me away!
Omigosh!! LUCKY! I adore Imogen Heap, and I have Speak For Yourself and I Megaphone. They both rock.
She's an absolutely amazing singer, she has a fabulous voice. I love Frou Frou, I went out and bought Details.
And I bought the Garden State Soundtrack; It completely rocks.
Btw, is her real name Imogen Heap? I love the word 'Imogen', lol.

--------------------
"think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a f***ing sharp knife to it."
- banksy

Posts: 58 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This changes regularly, but at the moment I can't get enough of:

Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane (sp?)
Walnut Tree - Keane
Forbidden Love - Madonna
Frozen - Madonna
Imagine Me and You - The Turtles (hee! such a cute song)

And I can never ever get enough of Weapon by Matthew Good... That song is a masterpiece!

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elliebean
Neophyte
Member # 24791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elliebean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Faith54:
Oh, jeez. Let's see now...

"Dani California"- The Red Hot Chili Peppers

i am absolutely IN LOVE with that song. can't get enough of it.
Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought the Imogen Heap album Speak for Yourself last week, and have been listening to it nonstop...

I just can't get enough of it. I'm listening to it right now, in fact. The whole CD is absolutely mind-blowing.

To think that I never would've discovered this amazing artist without reading this thread...

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnowLhite
Neophyte
Member # 29534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnowLhite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately its Nirvana, Nightwish, Nickleback...
Guess I have a craving for Ns, huh?

--------------------
"Love and let love."

~Snowy~

Posts: 32 | From: HELL also Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, another Nightwish fan? *glomps* I love that band...
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
isabelle
Neophyte
Member # 29931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for isabelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
criminal-fiona apple
omg I know you ladies out there know EXACTLY what its like to screw with a guy's head and then feel bad for meesing his life up cause he was actually just a nice guy you really liked
I'm on a total fiona apple obsession though
all of her songs are perfect for their situations

Posts: 29 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
REM - Leaving New York
Imitation of Life
Nightswimming
Fall Out Boy - Sophomore Slump or Comeback of
the Year
Of All the Gin Joints In The World
U2 - Miracle Drug
City of Blinding Lights
The Kooks - She Moves In Her Own Way
Jackie Big T*ts
Ooh La
Green Day - Extraodinary Girl
Whatsername
Letterbomb
Blink-182 - Not Now
Feeling This
The Rock Show
Down
Gavin deGraw - I Don't Want To Be
Belief
(Nice To Meet You) Anyway
Meaning
James Blunt - Tears And Rain
Cry
Aqualung - What A Feeling

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[/b]GUMDROP!!! You are SO lucky!! I would love to go to an Imogen concert! Where was it?
[/b]

I was lucky. The show was supposed to be sold out, but that was through Ticketmonster (those evil bastards!), but if you went to the actual venue box office, they still had 30 tickets available. I saw Imogen at The Glass House in Pomona, California. It's one of my favorite venues out here. Even though Hollywood is geographically closer to my house, the drive Pomona takes just as long and parking is much more convenient. However, the bathroom was in terrible disrepair, so I dispatched a health inspector to check it out he next day.

quote:
Btw, is her real name Imogen Heap? I love the word 'Imogen', lol.

afaik, yes, her real name is Imogen Heap. btw, I saw Ladytron at the same venue that same week, two days after imogen. This was after the Coachella festival, so a lot of acts were playing in Los Angeles-area venues in the days prior to and immediately following the festival.

currently, i'm all emo-core, so i've been listening to a lot of Dashboard Confessional and Angels & Airwaves (funny 'cause I absolutely despised Blink182). too much boy drama -- must listen to emo!

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gummy, if you want some good boy-drama mixed up with crazy tunes, try Panic! At the Disco. They're tooo frigging catchy.

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathilde
Activist
Member # 27083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathilde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gummy, if you want some good boy-drama mixed up with crazy tunes, try Panic! At the Disco. They're tooo frigging catchy.
Yeah, they are. I try so hard not to bob my head when their stuff comes on, but it's difficult!

Between the Bars - Elliott Smith
Rosa - Pascal Obispo
Anything by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Say Yes - Elliott Smith
Revolution - Beatles
Toxicity - System of a Down

There is more, but I don't have meh CD case with me. Heh.

Posts: 80 | From: Alabama, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catalinacisne
Activist
Member # 27839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalinacisne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have four songs on special playlist to listen to during my breaks at work:

Queen - Under Pressure
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
Dead Eye Dick - New Age Girl
The Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch

And yes I know the bad touch is horrible and sexist and offensive to women, but it's really fun to listen to a song at work that's so work-inappropriate. And even more fun when your co-workers make you do a sing-a-long of it when you get back from your break...

--------------------
amawesome - (adj.) a combination of 'amazing' and 'awesome,' usually by someone who has tied on a few too many. Ex: No, dude, listen! I like, luv ya man! I mean, you're like, amawesome!

Posts: 65 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AB
Activist
Member # 29608

quote:
Between the Bars - Elliott Smith
Rosa - Pascal Obispo
Anything by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Say Yes - Elliott Smith
Revolution - Beatles
Toxicity - System of a Down

The Beatles are absolutely fabulous. I love Revolution, that's got to be one of my favorite songs by them except for Penny Lane.. and Twist and Shout.. lol, and every other song by them.
I recently discovered Elliott Smith, and he is so cool.
Currently, I can't get enough of 'Needle In The Hay' after I just watched The Royal Tennenbaums.

--------------------
- banksy

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by wobblyheadedjane:

Way ahead of you. i bought Panic! along with Dashboard Confessional and AFI. Yes, they are catchy as hell. I was dancing like a nut around my apartment.

--------------------
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VenusInFurs
Neophyte
Member # 30055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VenusInFurs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Velvet Underground, "Venus In Furs," because it sounds so hypnotic

--------------------
"Beauty is nothing
But the beginning of a terror
We can just barely endure
And we admire it so
Because it calmly disdains to destroy us."

Posts: 3 | From: Another planet | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fall Out Boy's "Sugar We're Going Dowm," but not quite. I hate Fall Out Boy and therefore I really enjoy the spooof of it online: "Going Da Da in a Leelulurah." Trust me, it's hilarious.

--------------------
disconnect and let me drift/until my upside down is right side *in*

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get over the song that was used in the introduction to last week's So You Think You Can Dance (zombie intro, yes!)

Ramalama (Bang Bang) by Roisin Murphy. Catchy catchy catchy!

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Franklin, Circles, Here we go again, Pressure, Brighter, Emergency -Paramore

(Let's say almost every single song of them)

Mouth shut, Everything's I'm not - The veronicas

[ 08-22-2006, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
biblacknproud87
Neophyte
Member # 30415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for biblacknproud87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice topic...I just got back from Italy (first time outta the US..WOOT WOOT) with a Study Abroad program. I liked Italian techno a bit before I left, but I discovered Tiziano Ferro in Italy, and I CANNOT stop listening to Stop! Dimentica, his latest single. He isn't a "techno" artist, he also has a ballad called "Sere Nere" which I absolutely love, but there's somethin about Stop! Dimentica...

I also absolutely love Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy"

And anything Green Day! WOOOOT!!!

--------------------
I'm lovely
I'm beautiful
I love myself
I need me
Before I need anyone else

Posts: 35 | From: New York...New Brunswick, New Jersey when I'm in school | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tiziano Ferro is such an awesomely talented artist! He's my favourite Italian musician, along with Vasco Rossi. I don't know if you've checked out any of Ferro's older stuff. If you haven't, then definitely see if you can get your hands on his first album, 'Rosso Relativo', as that album really displays his wide range of talents 'cause he really does anything from pop to rap to soul on it, and he can do it all. Plus, his voice just rocks.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wise Janet Weiss         Edit/Delete Post 
The song I can't get out of my head:

It's to late baby,It's to Late, by Carol King.

Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PigmyPuff
Neophyte
Member # 29108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PigmyPuff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the whole panic! at the disco CD

I've had it for a year now and i've listened to it at least a million times!

oh, an Under the cork tree, from fall out boy too, but not so much.

Panic! is my love xD

[ 10-26-2006, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: PigmyPuff ]

Posts: 24 | From: Argentina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Les Miserables Original London Cast soundtrack.

Need I say more? Awesome stuff.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Marie Antoinette soundtrack. Boring movie, but awesome music.

Also: Living on My Own, by Queen. I adore Queen. Adore.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wise Janet Weiss
Activist
Member # 30392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wise Janet Weiss         Edit/Delete Post 
aah!!! I swear this is the last time I'm posting on this thread [Roll Eyes] But I just am adding one more song:

Evanescence: Call me When Your Sober

Posts: 320 | From: South of something. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Currently obsessed with DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL. I sang "Screaming Infidelities" about 7 times on my drive home from work. I am sooooooo incredibly hot for Chris Carrabba.

I unsucessfully tried to ask him out on a date. But he was really polite about declining my offer.

--------------------

Candace
Neophyte
Member # 30549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Wear My Sunglasses At Night - Corey Heart

You Spin Me Round - Dead or Alive

Vogue - Madonna

Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

Karma Chameleon - Culture Club

Welcome To the Jungle - Guns 'n Roses

I am in a timewarp in the 80's!

--------------------
.:*Candace*:.

Posts: 4 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sekretful
Neophyte
Member # 28576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sekretful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this song will always be my favourite song simply because its the only thing in this world that can make me smile no matter what situation im in...

MUSTANG SALLY...

l0l i find it quite humourous since im only 16 and this is such a ol' sko0l song =)

--------------------
*sekretful*

Posts: 19 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trasvi
Neophyte
Member # 31498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trasvi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Snow Patrol= "Chasing Cars"
Linkin Park= "Faint"
Nickelback= "Savin' Me"
Rufus Wainwright= "Hallelujah"
White Stripes= "Seven Nation Army"

also Nickelback's "Far Away" (it's my girlfriends/my 'song') and "Photograph" (coz i just graduated)

Posts: 14 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexualghost
Activist
Member # 26692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexualghost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How To Save A Life - The Fray...Oh how i adore the fray!
Posts: 42 | From: Drifter | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Romeo & Juliet" - Dire Straits
"Layla" - Eric Clapton <3 <3 <3
Songs from the musicals Jesus Christ Superstar and Avenue Q!!
"Sing Sing Sing" - The Glenn Miller Orchestra. I swing dance, and this is like the classic swing dancing song... I frequently just put it on loop and dance with myself in my room [Big Grin]
"Landed" - Ben Folds (and pretty much anything else by him)

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katherose
Activist
Member # 22441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katherose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Is--Ani Difranco
Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.