Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » YAY! » Shout-outs to Other Users You Love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shout-outs to Other Users You Love
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Staff and volunteers aren't the only people here who help and support our users: you all help and support each other a lot, too.

So, it's shout-out time: what user (not staff or volunteer) or users are you thankful to have around? Who do you enjoy hearing from? Who's taught you some things or showed you some cool perspectives? Who's helped you out?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
breath, you rock!

Thank you for helping me and I'm here if you need any peer support.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
~ Saffy
Scarleteen Volunteer

To my Abuser: I'm seeing stars. I bet you can't do that.

Posts: 1265 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I'm not sure why there aren't many, many, many posts in this thread as I think that this thread is pure awesomeness!)

But here I go!

To Redskies:

Redskies, I experience ever growing admiration for you, which increases by leaps and bounds with every post of yours that I see. And no, I'm not in the business of exaggerating, lol. [Smile] Seriously? You embody the person that I strive to become. I have never said this of anyone before, whether real or imagined, dead or alive.

Immeasurably mature, unspeakably patient, incredibly thorough, wonderfully compassionate, the list of your amazing qualities does not end. I think that I speak for many users here when I say that, without you, a part of Scarleteen is missing. You are so supportive of everyone. You truly amaze me. Thank you for everything.

To copper86:

You are such a sunny presence here on the boards. Always caring, always supportive, always ready to listen, always ready with an encouraging word, you give much of your time to helping other users. The thorough replies you post to each and every query stuns me. I mean it when I say that you are inspirational. Whenever I see your posts, I am always greeted with at least one smiley face. [Smile] Which reflects your positive, encouraging self quite aptly.

You brighten up my day (lame pun lol)! [Big Grin]
Go you! Keep doing what you do best! You're awesome! [Smile]

To Jill2000Plus:

You are incredibly caring, incredibly passionate for your beliefs, and incredibly articulate. Thank you for the support you've given me. Your words always help me to feel better. [Smile] I enjoy reading your posts because of the wonderfully unique way in which you express yourself. I especially like reading your stand on issues discussed in the Ethics and Politics forum. I love the fact that you always shed a new light on what's being discussed. [Wink]

Keep being your usual awesome self! Cheers! [Big Grin]

I WILL RETURN! (lol! [Big Grin] ) This will not be the last time you hear from me on this thread, heh heh heh. I am grateful for SO many people here at Scarleteen, for SO many different reasons that I've just begun to articulate. So. I will return. *evil cackle*

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all the great people that help, and who accept help. The great sense of community between the staff, the volunteers, the Peer Ambassadors and all the other site visitors really makes Scarleteen a feel-good place to be - whether you are already feeling good or if you need a little help! Being able to ask for and accept help shows a great deal of courage, self-caring and strength of character, so congrats to all the people who help, and also to those who use their inner strength to allow themselves to be helped! [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sans - I don't know what to say. Um. Thank you.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1443 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Redskies, I admire you greatly too. I have followed your forum career on Scarleteen from your early relationship threads, to now, when you help lots of people, a lot. [Smile] You have been through much, and you have come through with your caring and considerate soul intact, so thanks for all your helping as well as your maturity in seeking help when you needed it! Scarleteen is a great place, isn't it? And it's because of people like you!
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be coming by this thread often, but I'd like to start off with a few users that come to mind right now.

Sans: You are such a friendly and caring person. I admire you and your devotion to help others. Your constant strive to care for others has always made me in awe. You are a courageous, intelligent, and supportive person. Thank you for your kind words about me. You are an encouraging individual, and even though I've never met you in "real life," I count you as being within my support system.

Redskies: You are always so helpful, and you have been so helpful to me and other users who needed encouragement or reliable and intelligent information. You are a very wise and intellectual person; and whenever I see that you have responded to something, I feel good inside.

WesLuck: I love your "hugs" posts and your proclamation on how it's great to be weird (a motto I've picked up nicely. [Wink] ). I'm encouraged by your posts and you have very wise statements as well, which make you all the more likeable. The world needs more friendly people like you!

MusicNerd: I love our conversations, and I think you are such a sweet and helpful person. Your responses are always full of sincerity and well-wishes; and are also full of empathy and compassion. You are a wonderful addition to the site!

And LOL at your returning statement, Sans! I shall also return! [Smile]

[ 07-27-2012, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: copper86 ]

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, I want to apologize to you, Redskies, if my initial post made you uncomfortable on any way. I was dead serious when I addressed you. I hope that my words didn't come across as being taunting or mocking because they are most assuredly not. I also apologize if it seems like I am taking liberties or being too familiar. But that is really, honestly how I feel. You have been so supportive of me by checking with me often and patiently addressing every issue that I bring up. I just wanted to express my great admiration and appreciation for your support in my initial post. That is all. I am sorry if it made you uncomfortable. I have a habit of being bluntly honest and of diving straight to the point. Guess I should learn to be more subtle, shouldn't I? [Wink]

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Hey, Copper! Thanks a lot for all of the encouraging words and the lovely compliments. You really made my day, you know that? [Smile] Let's continue to do our best for each other and for Scarleteen! [Wink]

I count you as part of my support system, too! You are so sweet, sensitive to the needs of others, and dedicated to helping them. It really warms my heart.

All hail the Peer Ambassadors!

Yes. I shall definitely return. Muhahahahaha.....

--------------------

WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Sans, I think Redskies appreciated your first comments. She can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she really felt valued. So AFAIK, no need to apologise for being positively honest! =)

Yes, lots of great people on this board!

Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

I do hope that Redskies felt valued, because she IS valued! [Smile]

--------------------

WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

She is! And our best wishes are not wasted. She is moving soon, and then she will be much more able to have the life she wants. But heartfelt words from people one has never met in person do help, and give just a little bit of strength and courage when one needs it. [Smile]

Connection and support for others is like being at peace with the universe.

Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

By the way, WesLuck, I love your "hugs" posts too! They are so cute and awesome! [Big Grin]

-hugs for anyone who wants them- [Wink]

--------------------

Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

For Jemima7777:

Jemima, I just wanted to say, having followed a few of your threads, that I'm so proud of and inspired by your courage and strength. The healing journey for abuse is not a easy one to travel, but you've made some huge, HUGE efforts in overcoming the unhealthy thought patterns reinforced by abusers. Going to the police requires a lot of courage in itself, but you did it! You are simply AWESOME! Congratulations on being an empowered survivor! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Sans - oops I missed the ongoing conversation here.)

Sans - definitely no need to apologise. I understood what you wrote as one hell of a big compliment, and it means a huge great deal to me. It's also a pleasure and an honour if I can be of such positive help. Oh, and I tend to be blunt as a brick myself, although that is rather toned down here on the boards and in other guidance/support-y circumstances.

Sans, copper, and Wes, thank you deeply, means very much to me. I was/am simply a little overwhelmed, because as you may/may not have read, I'm only very new to the thought that I might be valuable and helpful to people. So thank you very much for your part in building that, I'm really very much moved.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1443 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Redskies! Sorry about that, I thought that maybe I scared you away with my bluntness and impulsiveness (this is something that happened rather often in the past so I am rather paranoid about it [Wink] ). You are of much positive help, believe me. In fact, that is an understatement. The truth is, you are extremely loved, respected, admired, and appreciated here by all of us here! [Big Grin]

I understand how foreign it might feel being acknowledged that you are extremely valuable and helpful to people. And if I can help even a little with the acceptance process by stating the truth about you as I see it (which is that you're a wonderful person who is irreplaceable), then I will!

Thank you for your lovely compliments to me. [Smile] I treasure them.

--------------------

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

eryn_smiles: First of all, I learned loads simply from what you wrote of your own situation and thoughts; I feel privileged to have access to those. Then, I see you continuing to negotiate many difficulties that affect each other, with continuing bravery, wisdom and bucket-loads of compassion and patience. You begin to use your own experiences, although they're still ongoing, as an inspiration and platform for awareness-raising and campaigning and trying to make a difference, and that is just completely awesome. Finally, you support people here on the boards who have similar experiences to you or whom your professional knowledge could help, always with compassion and understanding. You're an inspirational, strong, and awesome person, Eryn.

Sans: you help out other users with great attention and compassion, and you've said some spot-on things. You draw on your experiences to understand, relate to and help others, and that's a brave and caring thing to do. Kudos to you.

copper86: you're always caring, attentive and honest; "simple" things which make such a difference and which aren't that easy to find.

Jill2000Plus: I really appreciate how you express your opinions strongly while remaining aware that others may have a different angle; that kind of balance is a rare skill.

--------------------

Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Thanks so much, Redskies!

--------------------

Jemima7777
Neophyte
Member # 95641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jemima7777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I'm a little late, things have been a bit crazy these past few days but WOW!! Thank you so much Sans, it feels so good to have someone telling me these things!! I can't tell you how much hapiness and confidence you just gave me, by writing those things! [Big Grin] (I know I am a very intense person but that's the way I feel, so!)

Sans, Copper86 and Redskies have all supported me and helped me see things differently with their comments. I want to say thank you for reading my posts and being so caring and understanding. Just writing in this forum made me feel like I had grown so much!

[Smile]

--------------------
You hold the mightiest weapon of all.

Posts: 32 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Your very welcome, Jemima! [Big Grin]
I'm also an extremely intense person, so I understand!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.