Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » Our Archives » Ask a Sexpert Archive » Is it normal to experiment sexually with animals?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it normal to experiment sexually with animals?
Am I Normal?
Neophyte
Member # 8620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Am I Normal?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if it is normal for teens to experiment with animals. I know it's normal to experiment and use different objects but is it normal to use an animal? I have done this a lot when I was younger I guess when I was 14. I don't do this anymore. I am 17 right now. I think it's kind of nasty and I seem to not be able to get this feeling of guilt out of my mind for doing it. It gets me really depressed when I think about it. It's really hard for me to stop thinking about it. So I was wondering am I alone on this? Am I the only teen that used an animal to get me off?
Posts: 1 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi normal,

please check out this advice from Columbia Universitys "Go Ask Alice"

quote:
Humans having sex with animals, otherwise called bestiality or zoophilia, is fairly uncommon, or uncommon to tell the researchers, in this century. It is thought that when more people lived on farms and in rural areas, the practice of having sexual relations with animals was much more common. Most people who have sex with animals are men, but there have been some documented cases of women caressing and stimulating animals in an attempt to insert the penis of a dog or horse into their vagina.

Human sexual relationships with animals have been a topic of interest for people for hundreds of years. Tales of human-animal contact can be found throughout ancient folklore and mythology. A good example is the story of Zeus, who in the form of a swan, had sexual intercourse with Leda, the queen of Sparta. William Butler Yeats used this story as background for a famous poem. Greek and Roman mythology have portrayed females having sexual relationships with bears, apes, bulls, goats, horses, wolves, snakes, and crocodiles. Humans have enjoyed rich sexual fantasies throughout the ages, sometimes including the fantastic and the unreal.

Fact: Of the almost 6000 people females interviewed for the Kinsey comprehensive 1953 study on sexuality, only three reported that they had had sexual intercourse with an animal, two as preadolescents with dogs, and only one as an adult. Another study done in 1974 found no women who had experienced intercourse with an animal (Hunt). The percentages of adult human females who have had any type of sexual contact with animals are low -- 3.6 percent in the Kinsey study, and 1.9 percent in the Hunt sample. The animals involved were most commonly dogs and cats, and the sexual activities most often reported were general body contacts with the animals, and cunnilingus performed by animals.

Male animal contacts are more common, although the total percentages still remain quite low. Eight percent of Kinsey's sample brought themselves to the point of orgasm with an animal, and 4.9 percent of Hunt's sample did. Male sexual contacts with animals were more common among rural farm dwellers than urban boys. Coitus was the most common sexual activity, usually with animals, such as calves, sheep, and burros. For both males and females, their encounters with animals were most likely to have occurred before puberty, and to have been sporadic encounters with little consequence on the people's sexual development.

Historically, taboos against human-animal contact have been quite severe. As recently as 1953, 49 states regarded bestiality as a felony or its equivalent. In eight states, the maximum penalty was life imprisonment. Many such laws remain the same to this day.

According to the stats Alice gives here, it is not a very common thing to use animals for sexual pleasure.

Regarding your guilt over this, I think the only thing you can do is move forward. You changed your mind about what you did back then and now think it's "nasty", so try to accept that that's the past and recognize that you can't change it anymore, but you can move on.

If your guilt really stresses you out, it might be a good idea to discuss it with a professional, such as a psychologist or counsellor, to work out a way to move on.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.