Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Condoms with Lidocaine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condoms with Lidocaine
long love
Neophyte
Member # 24528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for long love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone tried the EROTIM Long Love Condoms?. Are claimed to be the best condoms available in the market.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would stay away from these condoms--any condom that has a lubricant in it other than waterbased lube in it can be irritating. The lidocaine is intended to numb the penis, which can cause lots of problems, like a bad reaction, irritation for the person wearing the condom or his partner, etc. A regular lubricated condom will do just fine.
Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reaper33X
Activist
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reaper33X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I'm not a volunteer here, but please don't post the same thread more than once, especially not in the same forum.

Not only does it break the guidelines, its pretty annoying!

Posts: 91 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't I could subject my boyfriend to numbing his penis just so he could last longer. That doesn't sound enjoyable at all.
Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, all of the "numbing" lubricant doesn't stay on his side of the condom, you know. They just squirt that lube in the package, so it's all over the condom. So yeah...not only may he be numb, but you're gonna be numb too.

Really, numbness during sex really seems to defeat the purpose.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.