Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » What's in your safer sex kit? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What's in your safer sex kit?
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there scarleteeners,

I was just wondering how many of you have a safer sex kit, and if you do, what's in it?

Since I'm in long distance relationships, and I'm either travelling to visit my partners or they're travelling to visit me, I keep my safer sex supplies in a little clear plastic bag that came as part of a lotion gift set. The bag fits easily into the outside pocket of one my duffel, and my partners all know where "the goody bag" is. It's also easy to take the bag out and leave it near the bed, so I can find it in the dark!

In my kit, I've got:

• condoms, natch. Right now I've got Durex High Sensation and Durex Extra Feeling, both lubricated. (haven't tried them yet, as I just replenished the supply last weekend.)
  • a bottle of lube. Currently I have Liquid Silk, which I adore, but which is hard to get in the States sometimes. In the past I've used astroglide, KY, and I have a tube of ForPlay around for when the Liquid Silk runs out.
  • latex gloves, which can also be turned into dental dams should the need arise

Occasionally I'll have things like a pack of Kleenex or a small pack of baby wipes in there, too.

So, what's in your safer sex kit? And if you're assembling your own, we have a whole forum down near the bottom of the boards where people are talking all about their favorite and not so favorite safer sex supplies.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
two five ounce bottles of Astroglide
24 Durex High Sensation condoms
one roll of cling film in the kitchen
several boxes of Triphasil (my Pills)

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At this very moment (and I am not going to be sexually active with a partner until...uhm...December...so when I am, this is usually a bigger colelction with some flavoured condoms, too), the "safer sex corner" of my undie drawer (right next to the bed) contains:

• A 90% full 110ml bottle of pjur eros bodyglide

• A very full bottle of Saturn personal lubricant that probably won't be touched until the body glide is empty or if I (or my partner) ever wake up and suddenly like smelly stinky sticky lube.

• A collection of the following condoms:

8 BigBens (that I plan to get rid off, because they don't fit)

6 Durex Emotions

2 left over nasty London condoms that are spermicidal and that will expire in November. Should just chuck them out, I reckon. Maybe I should use them for a little - Does oil containing lube kill condoms? project?

11 Condomi XXL (german brand)

9 Saturn larger fitting condoms
    (australian brand)

• And there is a roll of wrap in my kitchen....3 or 4 m away.

....can someone remind me to buy new supplies and re-check what I have before December?

My pill, Diane-35, is actually not hidden in my drawer, but in the middle of my desk, at all times, jsut so that I always remember it.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 06-13-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got:

*An almost full box of 36 Durex Ultra Sensative condoms - brand new - they don't expire until 2004

*3 Durex Gold condoms that were some I got from a friend. They are too thick and really tight on my partner, and he doesn't like them so we don't use them.

*2 bottles of astroglide - one's almost empty

*4 or 5 rubber gloves

*2 packs of Ortho TriCyclen, my pill

*Some tissues to put used condoms in, in case were in a place wihout any.

I don't have any plastic wrap in there, becuase my partner doesn't do oral sex on me, but if he ever gets the urge to I know where it is in the kitchen cabinet.

~magpie

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, ooh! Me, me!

All of my stuff just stays in a sizeable basket on a shelf next to the bed which houses all of my sexual paraphanalia. Middle shelf is for safer sex schtuff.

As of right now, I have:
- a large assortment of condoms, including Kimono Ultra Sensation, World's Best unlubricated, Crown Skinless, Pleasure Plus, and a batch of Trustex flavored, namely chocolate and vanilla.
- a large bottle of Astroglide, and a selection of single-use Rain flavored lubricants,
- a package of latex gloves
- two packages of Sheer Glyde dams
- tissue
- duct tape (really, it's multi-use, but it can actually come in handy for use with dams if you don't have a problem with a little pain in removal).

I also usually keep a tiny spray bottle of Simple Green in there, but I'm out right now. Simple Green is actually a great, safe and ntaural cleaner that's good for disinfecting shared sex toys.

This collection right now is small for me, because I'm in a monogamous and long-term relationship. When I'm dating, it's darn sizeable.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, my birth control pills (Mircette). I keep those with my other meds, which are all in my purse, since I take them every day and it's easier to have them with me all the time.

And I'm on other daily meds anyways... sheesh, my purse looks like a walking pharmacy.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My collection feels so puny, comparitively. My boyfriend's drawer contains Durex condoms (25 cents a piece from health services at his school), a tube of KY jelly (I know, but we don't use it much, so I haven't had a chance to try Astroglide ) and under the bed is a paper bag of rubber gloves (also from health services, I believe!).

And of course, I always travel with my pills (Marvelon 28) in my purse.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rdavid
Activist
Member # 3041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdavid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's in a small pink and black leopard-print fuzz backpack by my bed. The bulk of the contents is from having condoms thrown at me at gay pride parades... they're all Lifestyles Kiss of Mint and I refuse to go near them because they taste like toothpaste. The stuff I do use:

* Sheer Glyde dams, purple (ACK! I'm down to one! I love these things. they're so *thin*)

* Lifestyles thin unlubricated condoms (a decent dental dam in a pinch)

* About 5783927 "sample packs" of Astroglide

* a big big big box full of latex gloves

------------------
riot boy! smgeek.diaryland.com
(read all of my sordid secrets. well, not really.)

Posts: 47 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of my safer sex supplies come from my days spent volunteering at a local teen center, it's sort of like planned parenthood except it's basically just sex info-no STD testing, pregnancy testing, or exams. So, here's what's in my box of goodies so far.

* About 50 Bare Skin condoms of different assortments, a few lifestyles, trustex, ria, and some flavored condoms by trustex. And I have two female condoms, which I have never tried.
* 2 dental dams (grape flavor)
* 1 bottle of astroglide
* 4 rain lubricant samples
* Tissues
* I also keep my thermometer for charting my cycles in there.

My boyfriend has a supply of condoms at his house too, so the condoms in my box are just for if he runs out before we're done, or if we want to try something different.

------------------
Lil Siren
-Scarleteen Advocate
"Those are some BIG ice cubes...."

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*looks around* Size doesn't matter ... right?

It's actually really small. Really. I have;

* 3 Durex condems ... extra thin or something
* 2 female condoms (Reality, i think)
* 1 lil packet of lube that came w/ the female condom
* 2 boxes of micronor (BC pills)
* a nagging lil voice in my head telling me to call the sexual wellness clinic to make another appt to weigh the pros and cons of depo

That's it ... that's all. Is that bad? I feel like my sex kit thingy is so much smaller than everyone elses

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That nagging little voice doesn't happen to be a little low and smoky, have a vaguely east coast accent and speak Italian and Gaelic, does it?

:P

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one dental dam, and one condom. But that's okay since I'm not sexually active with anyone else. I have been meaning to go buy some latex gloves, more condoms, and some astroglide just so I'll have it if the need arises. But I don't want my parents to get any ideas. ::sigh::

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

Finish the fairy tale that you were drunk enough to start - Veruca Salt

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have...1 pack of lo-ovral 28's. (my pills). That's pretty much it at my house, since we never have any kind of sex here.

At his house, the drawer in his bedside table is the "sex drawer," and it has

1 bottle Astroglide, which we hate.
1 bottle Eros Bodyglide, which we like but rarely use.
2 tubes KY Jelly...I know, I know, everyone here hates it, but we like it.
about 7 Trojan condoms from a variety pack (ribbed, extra-thin, regular) that we bought by mistake and never use. We've given a couple away, I think.
1 green Durex Coin condom
1 Beyond Seven condom (we like these because they are a fun shade of minty green)
2 Lifestyles Ultra Sensation condoms (I dunno, we just never use them)
about 3 Maxx condoms (our favorite )
1 set Dirty Dice, for our own amusement. hehehe

I think that's pretty much it, actually. That's more than I thought we had.

em

------------------
But I want to turn you on, turn you up, figure you out, I want to take you on. -REM

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sapphire85
Activist
Member # 2709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sapphire85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a fun-lookin' safer-sex kit. It's this little lepoard print tin case (smaller than the size of an index card.) and in it I have one Avanti condom (latex allergies make for no fun!), one packet of KY liquid, and one spermicidal film. I have more stuff at my house, and he has some Trojans (which I vow NEVER to use) at his, but I like to pack light. It's really cute, actually.

------------------
"Those who don't got it, can't show it. And those who got it, can't hide it."

Posts: 121 | From: Some random suburb.. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the safe sex kit, which is in a pharmacy bag that fits into my schoolbag:

Varying numbers of condoms (only 1 now, but we had an active night last night): Generally Durex unlubricated, but we have the scented/colored ones too.

The dildo and harness, plus two cleaning cloths and extra O-rings.

1 bottle Astroglide

Kleenex

Breath mints (Girlfriend doesn't like kissing me when I smell/taste like latex)

That's all. So pathetically small...We used to have KY, but the taste of it made me gag. I need more latex gloves, and condoms, and I have to start actually bringing along the antibacterial soap, just a small container.

------------------
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
( Tr. "I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head." )

[This message has been edited by Laughs_Wisely (edited 06-17-2001).]

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have a plastic green safer sex box with no top. Then my supplies got too big for it, and I now have a safer sex Caboodle. For those of you who didn't grow up in the U.S. in the early 90s, it's a big pink, black, and white plastic box, with a pink handle on top, which stays shut with a little latch. Its intended use is to carry make-up and hair accessories, so it has a mirror in it and separate sections. In it I have:

-145 lubricated Durex Enchanced Pleasure Contoured Shape condoms. They were free, I didn't actually buy $200 worth of condoms at once.

-10 lubricated Lifestyles condoms and 2 unlubricated. These are for usee in case of an emergency, because Durex are sooo much better. BTW, these were also free.

-6 individual use packs of flavored ID lube in Caramel Cream, Vanilla Cream, Cool Mint, and Peach. Also, free.

-3 individual use packs of flavored ForPlay
lube in Juicy Fruit, Wild Strawberry, and French Vanilla. Still, free, sensing a theme?

-4 individual use packs of regular ID lube. Free once again.

-A .17 oz. sample of Astroglide. Free.

-A 2.35 oz. bottle of Astroglide. I actually paid for this one!

-2 Kiss of Mint Lifestyles condoms. Free.

-One Trustex Strawberry condom. Free.

-1 InVigra spearmint condom. I've never hear of or used this brand before. It was free. Anyone know anything about it?

-1 grape flavored dental dam. Free.

-1 mint flavored dental dam. Free.

-10 unflavored dental dams. Free.

-2 latex gloves. Free. I seriously seriously need to restock on these. I might go get some more today.

Woohoo! So, that's it. I'm pretty well stocked, huh? I need some more latex gloves, flavored dental dams, and flavored condoms though.

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniL
Neophyte
Member # 4464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where are all these free items coming from?! Anyone out there.. any ideas? Free things are definitely a good thing!!!!

~Jenni

Posts: 22 | From: H*ton, NY | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poetgirl got all her free supplies helping out at a Safer Sex workshop and some at the Pride Parade, me thinks.
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My purse kit cntains a few condoms, one glove, and a tiny pack of flavoured lube. It's one of those things there in case someone needs supplies *now*, so it's pretty tiny, and doesn't change much. There's a bigger kit I keep in my bathroom, but I really think I need to restock soon, so anyone got any suggestions on what they think are the best types of safer sex essentials?
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I forgot. There's an Instead cup in there too. Good for when my Keeper isn't handy, or for keeping period sex a little bit neater.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the cardboard added-on shelf next to the bed:

- My Old Navy change purse that is PRECISELY the right size for condoms, cute, and black, and puncture-proof safe. What were those Gap executives thinking, exactly?

- A travel-size tube o' Astroglide.

- My Ortho pills in their lovely mod-podged dispenser.

- Occasionally, the electric-blue hard-plastic scary ribbed vibrator thingy.

Strange topic, guys, but interesting to read everyone's essentials.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh...methinks my kit has improved I should warn you I have a collecting personality...I like to collect things even if I have no reason...so I present you:
-1 strawberry dental dam
-1 mint dental dam
-1 unflavored dental dam
-4 LifeStyles vibra-ribbed lubricated condoms
-2 Trustex flavored condoms (banana and chocolate)
-6 ID lubes (mint, caraml cream, pina colada, watermelon (2), peach)

I have yet to buy an actual case for my stash, I think that would freak my parents out TOO much (they 're aware that they're there, but they don't know that I know that they know), but...once I'm in Boston I do plan on buying some Kimonos (which I can't seem to find here) as well as more flavored condoms some astroglide and more condoms in general...yes I'm going to go on a shopping spree at Condomworld.

Why do I feel the need to defend my safe sex stuff? It's like "I'm not having sex, but I have all this stuff...wait, let me explain! It's for just in case...ohh, I see you're already walking away, okay, bye! nice talking to you!"

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

"Just say no" fights teen pregnancy the way "hey, cheer up" fights manic depression.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoSt SoUL AnGeL
Neophyte
Member # 4530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoSt SoUL AnGeL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where can you buy the Astroglide?

------------------
-WHY do i have to do everything in my power to get you when all YOU have to do iz SMILE to get me?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sapphire85
Activist
Member # 2709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sapphire85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try your local, handy-dandy drug store. I've seen it everywhere around here. If ya can't find it there, I'm sure the Scarleteen store has it in stock.

------------------
"Do what you will, always..
Walk where you like, your steps...
Do as you please,
I'll back you up.." ~DMB

Posts: 121 | From: Some random suburb.. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 3 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is a great topic, so I'm bringing it back!

My safer sex box currently includes...

• One box Durex Extra Sensitive condoms
  • One 2.35 ounce bottle of Astroglide
  • One First Response Pregnancy test (expiration date, June '04)
  • Latex gloves
  • New box of saran wrap
  • Kleenex

And all very nicely hidden away in an unused photo box on my dresser.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Not everything in this magical world is quite what it seems"

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together!"

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My collection has been modified a bit, too. Now I have plenty of vanilla and strawberry flavored Kiss (I think)dams. Plenty of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry Trustex flavored condoms. And soooooooooo many latex gloves. I went and bought a couple packages of them. Yay! So nice. Now I also have my diaphragm and spermicide for the diaphragm in there. And I'm actually now slowly but surely chipping away at my condom collection. When I acquired those condoms, I wasn't doing anything I needed them for. Actually, now I have a big plastic storage bin that I keep all sex related stuff in. So I have the Caboodle in it, and I also have a box of plastic wrap in there because my parents have started noticing when I use a lot of plastic wrap from the kitchen. Unfortunately, they've been reading my workshop plans, and they know what I'm using it for, so I need my own supply now. I also have nail clippers in there now, and I'm about to add some cotton balls, because my nails are rather long and pretty and red at the moment and I don't want to cut them, even to have sex. Eeek, now I have to go write an English essay

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya know what? I'm bringing this topic back because I like it alot!

eep!

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is astroglide?

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

"Only in America, where we can dream as big as we want to."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not fair, a fair is a place you show cows

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daydreamer,

A really superb lubricant!

Oh, and my "sex box" includes the following:

Liquid Silk Lubricant
ForPlay Lubricant - Apple flavor
Slippery Stuff Lubricant
Wet Platinum Lubricant
Kama Sutra "Oil of Love" - original flavor
Kama Sutra Honey Dust
Kama Sutra Pleasure Garden Massage oil
Aromaleigh lovey-dovey massage oil
Some Durex condoms
Simple Green for cleaning my collection of sex toys

Now, that might not seem like too much in the "safe sex camp," but my partner (fiancee) and I have been together for almost 6 years, and have done the pre-requisite testing and what not

If I was still dating around, there would be lots more condoms, gloves, and dental dams...

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 7 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Astroglide is a brand of waterbased lubricant.

And since I'm in this topic I may as well answer the question. I keep my safer sex equipment in a Caboodle too. Useful, aren't they? It's also my first aid kit so I have some non-traditional stuff in there too.

a couple Durex condoms - not many since I'm not having sex at present
    KY - to be replaced with something that isn't sticky as soon as I get around to it
    small sissors - the magic wand that transforms condoms to dental dams
    latex gloves
    small aloe plant (kept in a window near the Caboodle)
    hand sanitizer

Since it doubles as my first aid kit I also have some bandages, iodine, peroxide, etc in there but I've never had to use any of those items during sex.

It's pretty basic but I have the essentials. Oh, and I keep the Caboodle in my car (yes, there is an aloe plant struggling for survival in my car) so I have it when I need it.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Lisa, gal, how do the Kama Sutra products taste? I saw the weekender kit at my local toyshop the other day, but they didn't have a trial thing for tasting open... are they ok?

And btw: Kitto, great that you bumped this nice topic, - just in time to remind me to get my kit in top shape again! 28 days to go!
Funnily enough, right after you bumped it up, I dreamt of my Safer Sex Kit.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

ookuotoe, an aloe plant in your car? Impressive!
Does your car have a good planting climate?

PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Oooh, thanks for reminding me. I need to add scissors (wow, I wish I knew how to spell that), aloe, and hand sanitizer.

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Alaska,

Kama sutra Products taste divine! they really are the creme de la creme of tasty sex goodies!

I like the original oil of love the best (it tastes slightly spicy, like cinnamon - not sickly sweet - wonderful, and safe for use around condoms!) and the honey dust is divine. Edible, and it smells like jasmine!

You can read my reviews of Kama Sutra products, as well as some others, right here:

Hubba Hubba! Products For Couples

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Thanks for the link, Lisa.

Need to find some funds so that I can add some of the KamaSutra products to my safe-play-box.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.