Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » vomit and the bc pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: vomit and the bc pill
Stereohearts
Activist
Member # 81863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stereohearts         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just threw up a little, well it was pretty strange, it was a slight burp/cough I should say and I felt something coming up. A small amount of liquid and I just swallowed on reflex. I wouldn't say I threw up, but I felt some liquid coming up and I just swallowed without thinking. I took my pill 645 in the morning and its now 6:06 in the evening. Would this be anything to worry about and need to back up? Thank you!
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, this is nothing you need to worry about. More than enough time has passed since you took the pill, so you can be sure it was absorbed long before this.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8995 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stereohearts
Activist
Member # 81863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stereohearts         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotcha thanks. I had another question if thats all right, in the midst of taking my pill, it was in my mouth and i was already drinking water, for some reason, I felt the pill move to the tip of my tongue. This was while I was drinking water, so I just drank more water to swallow the pill. I know the pill didnt enter the cup and I swallowed it although since it did move to the front of my mouth, if it did come into contact with the cup and slightly dissolved the brief moment before I swallowed it, should I take another pill?
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, you don't have to worry about things like this that are so, so subtle.

When it comes to taking your pill properly, so long as you take it around the same time of day (as in morning, afternoon or evening) each day, swallow it, and don't have vomiting right after or diarrhea for days, you really are good.

Ultimately, it really is best for people who want to highest protection against pregnancy to use two methods (dual contraception), not one, especially users using methods where they can make mistakes, rather than something like an implant or IUD.

Using two methods - like your pill and condoms -- also makes it a lot easier not to sweat the small stuff like this.

Especially if you already do that? Let stuff like this go. If you don't, and you really, really don't want to become pregnant and want to take the least risk of that while still having the kinds of sex that can create a pregnancy? You're better off just adding condoms or another reliable backup method than thinking things like this will make it or break it when it comes to protection.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67070 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.