Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » panicking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: panicking
canadianchick54
Neophyte
Member # 25646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianchick54     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been take the pill for 3 years without any problem, and ALWAYS get my period at the same time. I had sex with a condom about two weeks after my period, and there were no problems with that. I was supposed to get my period on Monday and it has still not shown up. I took a prgenancy test on Wednesday and also today. It says that could have taken it 4 days before an expected period, so i figured it was relatively reliable. They both came out negative, but my doctor said those are not accurate and I should get blood test done, which I did. He was not very reassuing, and am not sure If i have reason to panic Is it likely that I could be? What other reasons could there be for it being so late?! I am beginning to have anxiety attacks...
Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at this point, the lateness may well be due to the high levels of anxiety you're reaching. Stress, anxiety and panic are all incredibly common reasons for a late period or withdrawal bleed.

Sometimes, too, even women on the pill skip periods, for no real reason.

Best bet? Chill out. Big time. You didn't have a viable pregnancy risk here (and FYI? EPTs ARE very accurate, there was no need for you to have a blood test, especially with such a nonexistent risk of pregnancy: I don't know what your docs problem was), so there is just no need to panic.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.