Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Clitoral pain BEFORE orgasm?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clitoral pain BEFORE orgasm?!
VerySocialHermit
Neophyte
Member # 60179

Icon 8 posted      Profile for VerySocialHermit         Edit/Delete Post 
Whether it's masturbation, oral sex, OR fingering, I get a sharp uncomfortable pain in my clitoris right as I feel myself about to orgasm. It has been so bad I've cried in the past, and so I stop and have never experienced an orgasm.
I HAVE seen a doctor about this, in the health center at my college, who has consulted local gynecologists as well. So we know it's nothing dangerous or a health concern, just an inconvenience. Extra lubrication has not helped. She suggested a numbing cream, but that's really the last sensation I want! Touching over the clitoral hood just doesn't feel good.
Anyone else know what could be going on and what I could be doing about it?

I just recently started having penetrative intercourse, so once I get used to that maybe I'll find myself able to orgasm that way.
But in the meantime...

Thank you!

Posts: 3 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This pain, it doesn't feel like hypersensitivity, or like seriously amplified pleasure? I ask because sometimes what's painful and what's pleasurable can get a little murky.

Also, you're sure this isn't happening after orgasm, but before? Can I ask how you feel certain you're about to orgasm if you haven't ever reached orgasm?

What that happens, have you tried moving to something like more indirect clitoral stimulus to keep going? Is there something pretty specific you're doing, a specific way you're being touched, when this happens?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VerySocialHermit
Neophyte
Member # 60179

Icon 8 posted      Profile for VerySocialHermit         Edit/Delete Post 
It does feel like hypersensitivity - that has a tiny bit of pleasure but overwhelmingly pain.

After a lot of stimulation, it starts feeling better and better, I feel my body tensing up and it's like all of this is building up inside me and I'm waiting for that release - but before I feel anything like a release I feel hypersensitive and everything just has to stop. So I relax my muscles and try to calm down.

Me or my partner stroke the clitoris. We've tried several different angles. Stroking the hood doesn't feel like anything. Is there any other kind of indirect stimulation...?

Posts: 3 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the clitoris, internal and external, is a LOT bigger than just the shaft and the hood. For instance, it has legs (crura) that extend into your outer labia and near your inner thighs. The shaft of the clitoris can also be left through the mons of the vulva with some stimulation, too. And even more important than that, the clitoris is still only one body part. While when it comes to genital sex, some kind of clitoral stimulus is something many women and enjoy and mane need to reach orgasm, that's not exclusive. Your whole body -- not just your clitoris, not just your genitals -- and mind offer opportunities for orgasm to happen.

But here's the thing: I'm still not sure you're not reaching orgasm. When you say you don't feel a release, what do you expect that to feel like?

Sometimes that can be so vague and tough to describe, and it's hard to find good comparisons, but one that can be very similar is if you've ever exercised in such a way that you really feel a rush of endorphins hit you, then kind of come down after those. Have you ever had that experience?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.