Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Strange feeling inside my vagina after having sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange feeling inside my vagina after having sex
celeste
Neophyte
Member # 59522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celeste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm 21 years old and my boyfriend and I have just started having sex.

We've done it about once a month for the last three to four months, and I haven't had any problems then. A few days ago, we had sex again without planning it out, and it was unprotected. We practiced coitus interruptus to take care of that (Yes, I know it's not fool-proof, and we're going to be careful not to make that mistake again)

When I came back home after that, I felt a strange tickling feeling inside my vagina. It didn't hurt, in fact, it felt slightly pleasurable. I put my finger inside myself and masturbated to deal with the tickling sensation, even though I felt slightly sore. The next morning, the sensation persisted and I found myself masturbating again. After a few hours, my periods started. The sensation remained and now it was starting to get uncomfortable simply because it wouldn't go away.

Again, it didn't hurt in the slightest. Neither did it itch, it just felt like there was something inside me and I desperately wanted to touch it. Since I had my periods and everything felt tender inside, I couldn't do that and felt restless the entire day. I tried rubbing the entrance of my vagina a few times and it felt slightly better.

The next day, the feeling decreased to the point where it was almost gone. I'm still nervous it will come back, and besides I don't want it to happen again. I'd also like to know exactly what happened. Neither of us have had any sexual partners before each other (and I trust him entirely on this) I discussed it with him and he was worried that my cervix might have ruptured because he was too rough, or that he might have given me some sort of rash. Is this possible? His penis does not show any signs of a rash.

Also, is it possible for people to have STIs or STDs if they've never had sex (or any kind of sexual activity) with anyone before?

We live in a culture where pre marital sex is still taboo, and having a boyfriend or girlfriend even at our age is still frowned upon by a large section of the older generation - this makes it difficult for me to ask a question like thos to anyone I know. Hoping to hear from someone soon. [Smile]

Thank you!

Posts: 11 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello celeste, Welcome to Scarleteen!

Sometimes different things feel different for people. Just so you know from the get-go we’re not doctors, and what we say here can’t substitute for doctor’s advice.

From what you’re saying with the feeling not being pain nor really an itch, it’s difficult to say what it would be (too? Given it’s gone now it’s unlikely you’d be able to ask a doc, though you can always ask if you get it again just to have them check it out.) What it may have been was if you didn’t use lubricant (which it’s sounding like you may not have given you didn’t plan on having sex then) it may have been actually an itch, even if it didn’t feel the typical “itchiness” from the friction (as in without the lubricant it was rubbed a little raw). I don’t see any reason to worry about it being something serious, given it did go away and was not a pain feeling. If you notice it again though, and any other symptoms (like itchiness, odd or smelly discharge) just get it looked into.

While it’s less common for STIs without any type of sex with another partner, it’s not impossible (since some can be passed during birth, carrying, etc.) – so we always suggest just going ahead and getting tested anyway.

[ 03-20-2011, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celeste
Neophyte
Member # 59522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celeste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stephanie, thanks a lot. Getting hold of lubricant would be a problem, I guess a lubricated condom would suffice?

Getting tested for STI's would also be difficult, I'd rather not unless absolutely necessary. What does "carrying" mean with reference to how an STI can be passed without having had sex?

Posts: 11 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you and your partner are mutually monogamous, both have never had any other sexual partners (for any kind of sex) are both uninfected and use latex barriers, your risk of STIs is incredibly low.

The trouble with going unprotected without testing is that, unfortunately, people simply are often not honest about their sexual history. So, while we know getting tested can be difficult, especially in some areas, we're always going to advise it with unprotected sex with partners who have not been recently tested.

(I'm not sure how Stephanie was using "carrying" in that context, so she'll have to clear that up for you.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celeste
Neophyte
Member # 59522

Thanks, Heather. When I do get the opportunity to get tested comfortably, I will.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know about the Marie Stopes clinics in India, yes?

http://www.scarleteen.com/node/3441

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celeste
Neophyte
Member # 59522

I didn't, thanks, I will check it out!
Thundethighsxx
Neophyte
Member # 108839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thundethighsxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to see my boyfriend today and several hours after we had sex my vagina became very ticklish This has happened once before and I don't know if it is normal. Sometimes it Is ticklish when we don't have sex at all. I have lately passed thrush on to him as woman carry it within them and I have been given a tablet from the doctors to cure it. Is this in relation to each other? Please help young and confused xx
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Thundethighsxx! [Smile]

It's really hard for us to tell anyone why they are feeling something because people feel in very different ways but, since you are already taking medicine prescribed by a healthcare provider, this is a question you should ask them. Healthcare providers are there to answer all our questions and doubts. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.