Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Fingering + Precum = Pregnancy??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fingering + Precum = Pregnancy??
FunkyGurL
Activist
Member # 35185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FunkyGurL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, wanted to know IF my bf had pre-ejaculate on his fingers and fingered me, will there be a pregnancy risk?

Cos I read in a thread where one guy asked that if he had precum on his fingers but fingered his gf all the way up to her cervix while she was ovulating you guys said no, or if there was a risk it's VERY Low...

So, I wanna enquire, cos am not sure if my bf had precum on his fingers when he fingered me...but it prob got wiped off on the blanket or stuff like that... but just to make sure...

So answers would be greatly appreciated...

Posts: 42 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We usually treat cases where pre-ejaculate is involved as a risk, b/c there is no way to tell whether it contains sperm or not. So better safe than sorry.

However, really, in order for there to be a viable risk here, your partner would have had to have a hand soaked in semen. If his hands rubbed against a pillow or a blanket, the risk is minimal, at best.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FunkyGurL
Activist
Member # 35185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FunkyGurL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there wasn't really semen... but maybe he came into contact with a bit of precum when he was 'adjusting' himself...

So is there a cause for concern do u think?

Posts: 42 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, the answer is no. Your risk is minimal, at best; I don't think you have anything to worry about.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FunkyGurL
Activist
Member # 35185

Alright!

Thank you so much! Feel much better now.

FunkyGurL
Activist
Member # 35185

Oh I have another question..

I was just wondering, how come it isn't really much of a risk (even during ovulation) if a guy has precum on his hands and fingers a girl, as compared to having a guy's penis in a girl's vagina when he has pre-ejaculate on it??

Isn't it the same? As in, it's still pre-ejaculate isn't it..? So why are the risks significantly different??

FunkyGurL
Activist
Member # 35185

Oh I have another question..

I was just wondering, how come it isn't really much of a risk (even during ovulation) if a guy has precum on his hands and fingers a girl, as compared to having a guy's penis in a girl's vagina when he has pre-ejaculate on it??

Isn't it the same? As in, it's still pre-ejaculate isn't it..? So why are the risks significantly different??

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's because a hand getting precum into a vagina isn't direct contact. Sperm aren't superheroes, and they don't tend to do so well when transferred from surface to surface, especially surfaces that are more inhospitable, such as a hand, where they're more likely to dry up or get rubbed around. On the flip side, putting a penis into a vagina is direct contact, and the sperm have a much, much better chance of surviving that, as they're going from one hospitable environment directly to another.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ftkdabest6
Activist
Member # 47828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ftkdabest6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok im in this same situation im scared out my misery i fingered her i think she was ovulating i had little to none precum on my finger and i wanted to know if u got pregnant

funkygurl can u email me at [email address removed for user safety]

u guys dont know how scared i am or could any one who has been in this situation tell me wat happend

[ 08-22-2010, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: orca ]

--------------------
damion

Posts: 57 | From: oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ftkdabest6
Activist
Member # 47828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ftkdabest6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
or u guys could just post the info on this site im scared so scared i have not ever been this scared

--------------------
damion

Posts: 57 | From: oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In order for there to be a risk from what you've described, your finger would have needed to be covered in fresh ejaculate. Transferring small amounts of pre-ejaculate from place to place does not pose a pregnancy risk.

Check it out: What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments

(In future, if you have a question, please start your own topic - it's easier for us to find it that way. Also, please remove your email address from your post, or ask one of us to do it for you. We don't allow users to post contact info here for your own safety.)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ftkdabest6
Activist
Member # 47828

if i read correctly it said if you stick your finger in the vulva with sperm then it is mor likely well im confused about the vulva how far do you have to stick your finger in the vagina to get to the vulva

--------------------
damion

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say that's irrelevant here. Pre-ejaculate really is not the same things as ejaculate, not only because it often does not contain sperm at all, but because it's a scanty amount of fluid, and that fluid amount matters.

Like I explained to you in another post you made on this, we don't see a risk here.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ftkdabest6
Activist
Member # 47828

sorry for all the questions now wat if it was sperm. if there was any thing on my finger i could not feel it and thanks for the replies

--------------------
damion

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, if you are saying there wasn't anything on your finger you could even feel, then it seems HIGHLY unlikely, as explained in the other post, that that finger was dripping with fresh semen.

Just so you know, we err on the side of caution here. So, when we say we don't see a risk from someone, you can be very sure we really, really don't. But if you want a second opinion beyond ours, we encourage you to seek that out, so you could always call your general doctor to ask about this, or visit another website with sexuality information.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amememe
Neophyte
Member # 96719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amememe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I touched pre cum on my underwear then I fingered my gf. will she get pregnant?!?
but before I fingered her, I pulled up mu underwear then buckled up mg pants. will she?!!?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi amememe, I already responded to your question here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958/p/2.html#000050

Please do not make multiple copies of your posts, as we will see them no matter where you post them. Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chicago13
Neophyte
Member # 107420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chicago13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so me and my gf were playing around at my house and I was fingering her and at one point I took my pants off and she started grabbing the tip of my penis which had some precum on it (I urinated before any if this)& then she wanted to check if she wa wet as well so about 30 seconds later she went inside her pants and into her vagina about an inch deep . Then we got scared and we stoppe cause I realized that she just put pre cum on it . Then the next day we got her plan B and It was precisely 25 hours when she used the plan B. what sere the chances that she is pregnant ? Is there any chances ?

--------------------
Chicago11

Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy is not a concern when you're talking about transferring trace amounts of pre-ejaculate from place to place. Plus, your girlfriend took Plan B, so you really do not need to be concerned about pregnancy. Have a look here: Pregnancy Scared?

(In the future, could you please start your own topic so it's easier for us to keep track? You can use the "new topic" button in the bottom left corner of every page. Thanks.)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chicago13
Neophyte
Member # 107420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chicago13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thank you I just started this so I don't really know how to use it . So I shouldn't be worried right ? Cause I've been under so much stress

--------------------
Chicago11

Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uhohhelpme
Neophyte
Member # 109563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for uhohhelpme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so this girl and I were messing around. I was fingering her and I accidentally touched the tip of my penis with my left hand (pretty sure at least). I quickly wiped it off and and made are I fingered her with my right hand instead. I am pretty positive this is what happened, but I just wanted to make sure that a risk of pregnancy is not likely.. She took a morning after pill about 1.5 days after the incident.
Posts: 17 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi uhohhelpme! Welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

Can you take a look at this first, please: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/14/t/000372.html

Also, for next time is better if you make your own thread with your own question. That helps us to give you the space you deserve when answering. You can do that by clicking "New Topic" which is at the bottom of every page. Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mario rodriguez
Neophyte
Member # 109902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mario rodriguez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What if it was immediately after he touch the Pre cum?
Posts: 10 | From: Tx | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That does not change the risk of pregnancy from manual sex. If it did, we would say so in that article.
And, as per what Edith said above, please make your own thread if you have a new question.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.