Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Bumping & Double Posting (PLEASE READ)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bumping & Double Posting (PLEASE READ)
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 4 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone!

Just to toss out a couple of friendly reminders about our guidelines.

Please remember that when you registered here at Scarleteen, you agreed to abide by the rules listed in our User Agreement. Take a moment and review the guidelines listed therein and note the following:
  • "We respond to posts as quickly as possible, but do not guarantee any post will be responded to within a set period of time, or at all."
  • "We may state that we will no longer answer a given user's questions on a given topic if:...a user continually "bumps" their posts or reposts the same post instead of patiently waiting for an answer to their question."

While we understand that it may be frustrating to wait for a reply, please understand that this is a free service and is provided by individuals who volunteer their time (in other words, they have outside jobs, lives, and sometimes issues of their own that must be dealt with as well). Also, sometimes there may not be anyone around at a given time who has the answer to your specific question and we need to wait for the person with the best answer for you to be available. Especially during times where we may be short-handed, you may have to wait a few days for the right person to be able to answer your question.

So in short, please do not bump your topic (unless it has been there for 4-5 days without answer) or re-post it (even in part) elsewhere. It is against the guidelines and it is not really at all helpful in terms of getting your post answered.

If you feel that you are in crisis and need help or an answer absolutely immediately, if it is a health issue you should go offline and call your doctor or pharmacist immediately. In the case of extreme emergency, head to the nearest emergency room (ER). If you are in crisis about another issue, please check out our resources sections for information about hotlines and other resources that might be able to get you immediate, real-time assistance.

Thanks!

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepingcuty123
Neophyte
Member # 71335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepingcuty123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i didnt read it fully the first time, promise i wont do it again! getting my question answered was so helpful to me, and i didnt have to scedual a doctors appointment or pay online jsut to ask, and not embarising at all. this is something i almost bragged about, its just plain out a life saver!

--------------------
capri

Posts: 13 | From: california | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GasMask
Neophyte
Member # 94771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GasMask     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this mean it's not ok to post here for an expert answer and also post the same question in another forum for the community to discuss?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GasMask
Neophyte
Member # 94771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GasMask     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this mean it's not ok to post here for an expert answer and also post the same question in another forum for the community to discuss?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ideally, what you can do if you want to do that is just ask us to move to post to one of the areas where anyone can answer. We're always happy to do that. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deedeekong
Neophyte
Member # 95571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deedeekong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Volunteers. Apologises in regards to my post made today, wasn't intentionally bumping. Just nerves.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.