Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » New Trojan Videos for National Condom Month

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Trojan Videos for National Condom Month
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So excited these are out now!

http://www.multivu.com/players/English/54610-trojan-condoms/

I was able to see a preview of these from Trojan last fall, and I loved them, especially the video that shows you how condoms are made and tested. In fact, I embarrassed myself by basically jumping up and down in my seat and clapping, then calling it Willy Wonka for Sex Geeks at what was supposed to be a very professional meeting.

But seriously, that one is just that awesome, and I think it really tells and shows you all you need to know if you're not clear on exactly how well condoms can be made and how much you do NOT need to be concerned about manufacturer errors or the infamous abstinence-only myth of "small holes" in condoms.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched them...I really like the factory video too. That was really neat! Although I'm a geek in general who loves watching "How It's Made"...but really, that was awesome!

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who was giggling slightly at the how to use condoms video? I wasn't at all and then the little cartoon characters run into bed and the entire room starts bouncing and the immature child in me started giggling. Aside from that, though, this is really good stuff! *goes to post it places*

Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard from a colleague that it's better to use thicker condoms for anal sex so they don't break. Do you guys know whether this is true? thanks x

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, using thicker condoms for anal sex is not necessary. Thinner condoms are just as durable. Far more important to ensuring condoms dont break is to make sure they're stored properly, put on properly, and that lots and lots of lube that is not oil-based is used.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather, I think you're awesome! I LOL'd in my head over your response. I'm sure your co-workers were just as happy in their heads as you were on the outside. [Smile]

This is really good to know about condoms and anal sex, definitely. Thank you so much for asking that question, Eryn!

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The videos were amazing, the cartoon couple where funny. Now, about that guy who explained how the condoms were made, do you have his number? Just kidding. [Razz]

The cartoon couple made me laugh it's funny and so true.

The condom making factory is cool, It's like watching, How It's Made, but better- more in detail. I learned some new educational background about condoms and how they are made, always wondered how they were made.

Thank You.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.