Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Withdrawl bleed... means not pregnant right?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Withdrawl bleed... means not pregnant right?
pandajayne
Neophyte
Member # 40200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pandajayne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know there is a difference between periods and withdrawl bleeds.

On first 7 day break after starting Microgynon and have started my withdrawl bleeds about 3/4 days after last pill in the pack.

I just wanted to ask if me having my withdrawl bleed which is lighter than norm but not light enough to be spotting means that the pill has worked and that I'm not pregnant?

I have taken the pill perfectly for this first month with no more than 20 mins diff. in the time taken each day.

But I have had unprotected sex quite a bit in the last 2 1/2 weeks soooo I'm hoping that I won't have to go get a test

--------------------
What hurts more? Knowing that you should hate him or that you dont?

Posts: 16 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is common for the pill to result in lighter bleeding. And if you got this bleed during your placebo period, the most likely thing it is IS your withdrawal bleed, which would mean pregnancy is not at all likely.

But to be sure, am I understanding that you two used the pill as your only method during your first pack? If so, how soon into it, and did you start on the first day of your period or the first Sunday after?

(Too, are you both up-to-date with your STI tests so we can be sure bleeding from an infection isn't a possibility?)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pandajayne
Neophyte
Member # 40200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pandajayne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we did after 8 days into the pack and I started on the first day of my period and the leaflet said that I should be protected straight away.

Both of us have no STI's so that isn't possible.

And I know we should have backed up during the first month- we just got a bit carried away I guess

--------------------
What hurts more? Knowing that you should hate him or that you dont?

Posts: 16 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.