Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Birth Control Issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth Control Issues
bubblegum28
Neophyte
Member # 96168

Icon 5 posted      Profile for bubblegum28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently taking the birth control Sprintec 28 but I'm afraid I've thrown my information away. I started bleeding this morning and I took my last pill yesterday evening. However, I do have a few extra pills from another pack that I want to use to keep my period from happening until later this week.

I don't want to be on my period for the 4th of July because it's uncomfortable and I'm always upset and irritable on my period.

I've also tried Googling the answers but they don't give me enough information for me to figure it out.

I just need to know; Is this safe? And will it work? or should I just accept it and let my period flow?

[ 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: bubblegum28 ]

--------------------
~

Posts: 2 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi bubblegum28 and welcome to Scarleteen!

I'm not a medical professional, but I want to point out that it is possible that taking these extra pills to avoid bleeding on the 4th may not work. Everyone's body reacts differently. For example some people do not bleed for a few days after stopping the pill, some people spot heavily when they are on the pill. So I do not think this plan would be a 100% certain way to avoid bleeding on the 4th.

As to whether this is safe or not, I have no idea, and I suggest you call your doctor or whoever prescribed you the pill, or you can try calling your pharmacist.

Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.