Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Body positivity for circumcised people?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Body positivity for circumcised people?
-worried-
Neophyte
Member # 95567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -worried-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm wondering if anyone here could point me to resources involving body positivity for people who are circumcised, or have undergone other forms of non-consensual genital modification?

I've looked high and low for blogs and articles involving body positivity for people with circumcised penises and can find nothing of the sort. (As far as I can tell, every circumcised penis-owning person on the internet feels badly about being circumcised, hates their parents for allowing it to happen or society for condoning the practice and is either going to undergo, or is undergoing, a foreskin restoration.) I honestly have no idea where to start when it comes to finding body positivity resources for people with other kinds of non-consensually modified genitals - for example, people who have undergone intersex "correction" surgery in early childhood or infanthood.

I'm not asking for pro-circumcision or mutilation screeds. I just want some reassurance that there are people out there who feel like having non-consensually modified genitals hasn't made their genitals (or bodies) less desirable, beautiful, functional, capable of sexual pleasure or worthy of positive feelings than people with non-modified genitals. Because so far I've been able to find nothing but anger, hate, pity, sorrow, self-loathing - and occasionally indifference - but absolutely no body-positivity.

I'm asking because I'm trying to better understand how my boyfriend can be okay - even happy - with having genitals that were modified without his consent. I also want to better understand how anybody, regardless of gender or sex, can feel okay with having non-consensually modified genitals. It's still an alien idea for me (since I'm anti-circumcision and against all forms of nonconsensual genital modification), especially since it seems like there are no good resources out there that deal with this topic.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beababygurl101
Neophyte
Member # 96184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beababygurl101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am afraid I do not understand your concern. I have a friend who is campaigning against male circumcision because she has research that shows sexual pleasure is reduce for me who are circumcision and that this can lead to painful sex for their partners. I have only ever seen a circumcised penis and non of the men that I've dated seem to feel upset about it. In fact my current boyfriend (works in healthcare) is happy to be circumcised because it makes it easier to be clean. If you are looking for men to write about how much they love their circumcised penis, it will probably be much harder to find than men who hate it because my understanding is that its not something they think about. To them, its normal.

--------------------
Britt

Posts: 12 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.