Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Upper Lip Hair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Upper Lip Hair
PuNkYeGg
Activist
Member # 21320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PuNkYeGg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey....ages ago i noticed that the hair on my top lip was quite dark...me being me i decided to shave it, now im really paranoid about it, if anyone mentions moustashes or anything i freak out and try to change the subject, any advice on what to do about this cause its really getting to me as my friends and boyfriend have noticed
Posts: 97 | From: Uk | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kisses Me Pink
Activist
Member # 24198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd try waxing. Alot of women wax their upper lip. It's nothing to be embarassed about.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i wax my lip. it ain't no thing. but i must say, it's more uncomfortable than eyebrow waxing. most places charge around $5 for it, so I've found anyway.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wanna Be in An Oasis242
Neophyte
Member # 25178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wanna Be in An Oasis242     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well you have many options acually, you could try waxing, you could "Nair" it, or you could get laser hair removal.

Posts: 9 | From: nah | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(I'd be careful with Nair. Some people experience irritation from it, and I'd be especially cautious with it around your mouth and mucus membranes.)
Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kandy
Neophyte
Member # 24493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wax it and it's no big deal. But if you're afraid to wax it I'd suggest bleaching it. At the pharmacy you can buy Jolene Bleach. You leave it on for about 5 minutes and the hair turns blonde and you can't see it anymore.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PuNkYeGg
Activist
Member # 21320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PuNkYeGg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the tips....a few questions though...with waxing, how long does it take for the hair to grow back, and does it leave little dots like where you shave and does the hair grow back darker? Also with bleaching, ive seen alot of people who have obviously bleached as it goes kind of yellow and stands out from their skin, i have really fair skin...Thanks!
Posts: 97 | From: Uk | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair-skinned people fare better with bleach than darker people. After all, there is a stronger contrast in blonde against brown.

As for waxing, I don't get dots, but occasionally, some pores get blackheads. that's nothing a blackhead remover can't take care of, and pore-cleaning face washes keep it to a minimum. I wax maybe every 6 to 8 weeks, but I don't mind some growth. if it bugs you, then maybe every month should suffice. When it does grow back, the hair doesn't come in thickly.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.