Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » my penis and weight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my penis and weight
Macnoya9
Neophyte
Member # 6817

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Macnoya9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was wondering will losing weight increse my penis size because i'm about 50lbs. overweight i also heard your penis stops growin when do and i just started shottin up a lot
Posts: 11 | From: ILLinois | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never ever heard that your penis will shrink when you lose weight, I think that is just a myth.

Your penis is NOT like boobs, boobs are made of fatty tissue. So they can shrink and get bigger depending if you lose or gain weight. Your penis, on the other hand is made out of cartilage, so your penis cant shrink. That would be saying that skinny people have small penises, which isnt true at all.

So dont worry about your penis getting smaller, I have never heard of it.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Losing weight will not increase your penis size, although it may increase how proportionate your penis appears to the rest of your body.

quote:
The growth of your penis during puberty is hard to predict. There is no magic age when puberty starts and stops, and therefore there is no magic age when your penis will start to grow or stop growing. Sometimes they seem to grow all at once, and a change will seem very sudden, and other times, the change will happen slowly. Again, that's just normal human
variation. Lots of guys worry that their penis won't be big enough, and that women won't like it or won't want them as partners because of their penis size. That's really pretty unrealistic.

You can find out more about the penis in our article at http://www.scarleteen.com/body/male_anatomy.html (which is where I got the quote from).

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macnoya9
Neophyte
Member # 6817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macnoya9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what i'm sayin is if i lose weight will my size increse
Posts: 11 | From: ILLinois | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it shouldnt.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
although, losing weight will make the rest of you slimmer, and therefore your penis may -appear- to be bigger!
just a thought!

-pandora
xxo

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Penis length is fixed. However, extra fat in the pelvic area may cause it to look shorter than it actually is. So, yes, intelligent weight loss will make the penis appear to be longer than it was.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The function will remain the same.

------------------
'Every day is like Sunday'

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
absinthia
Neophyte
Member # 6822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for absinthia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes sweetheart, everyone is dead on. It is an optical illusion of sorts that makes your penis appear smaller when your waist is bigger. I am sure after you drop some of the weight, you will be pleased with the results.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
However, it certainly isn't necessary to lose weight to be happy or attractive. A lot of people are fine, and quite good looking, just as they are, whether that's considered conventionally attractive or not.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
absinthia
Neophyte
Member # 6822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for absinthia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Milke:
However, it certainly isn't necessary to lose weight to be happy or attractive. A lot of people are fine, and quite good looking, just as they are, whether that's considered conventionally attractive or not.

Oh yes, Milke, I left that part out, sorry!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Quite okay, and that wasn't an attack on you, just a little add-on, as it's a point that I think is quite important.

------------------
'Every day is like Sunday'

Jeffrey
Activist
Member # 5304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeffrey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by glitter695:
Your penis, on the other hand is made out of cartilage, so your penis cant shrink.

There is cartilage in the penis? Where exactly?

Posts: 107 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a correction here: the penis does not contain cartilage, it contains a spongy tissue that fills with blood to cause an erection and an increase in size. The size decreases when the penis becomes flacid again, and can appear even smaller if a man is cold. However, the penis will not permanently become smaller or larger due to factors such as body weight- all that can do that is an operation, which I definitely wouldn't recommend.

For more information on the make up of the penis, consult the Scarleteen article Man's Best Friend.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sun Wu
Activist
Member # 7018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sun Wu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the penis can be stretched over time by the careful use of weights... Though how to apply the technique is beyond me. Some guy was interviewed about it on some sex show I watched a couple years ago.
Posts: 117 | From: Where does my name remind you of? well it's wrong! | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sun, the damage that someone can cause to his penis by trying enlongating it at home with weights, far outweighs any "possible" (and unlikely) increase in length. When you see someone with weights on his penis, you're dealing most likely seeing someone with a fetish. You can not increase the size of the corpora cavernosa (the spongy tissue that fills with blood during an erection).

For an overview of penis enlargement options and MizS's view on hanging weights from penises, check out Advice: Penis Enlargement

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hotlittleangelbi
Neophyte
Member # 11843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hotlittleangelbi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok.the truh is no.it cant shrink.and girls dont care about the size of your penis.its something girls dont notice.they notice your personality.and you for any matter.
Posts: 39 | From: cary,nc,usa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Angel, darlin', there's nothing that's true of all people. Some girls have preferences with penis size, others don't, yet others aren't sexually attracted to men at all. Please, in future, be careful to try to avoid making generalisations.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

eVoLuTioN
Neophyte
Member # 16329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eVoLuTioN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know this is like very late....but here we go.

hmmm im ashamed to admit this, but i have to say, i can prove many of those statements false, penis size can shrink...first hand experience.

Posts: 30 | From: United States of America | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamBaBy
Activist
Member # 12710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamBaBy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by eVoLuTioN:
hmmm im ashamed to admit this,

Sweetheart, sexuality -any aspect of it whatsoever- is nothing that you should be ashamed of. I personally dont care what size a man's penis is just like i don't care what size a woman's breats are(although i don't like the concept of implants of anykind) Your body is beautiful just the way Nature made you, whether large or not so large. If you feel the need to change the way you look, it should be for you, and nobody else. I changeed my hair color because i think i look good with red hair and i felt i needed a change from my natural hair color. But, losing weight or any type of body mods, ect. should be done for you.

(sorry that i said the same thing a couple times but i think it was nessecary)

------------------
¤dreamBaBy¤

"Cuz, she's the girl all the bad guys want!" --Bowling for Soup, "Girl All The Bad Guys Want"

Posts: 93 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eVoLuTioN
Neophyte
Member # 16329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eVoLuTioN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that's alright =)
the main reason im ashamed is because well, i used to be bigger :S

Posts: 30 | From: United States of America | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Other than botched surgery, I don't know of any medical condition which would cause an adult's penis to shrink permanently (although weight gain can cause it to look smaller because of weight gain round the pubic mound).

Would you mind filling in some of the details?

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eVoLuTioN
Neophyte
Member # 16329

Well maybe it's because im young and didnt know what was happening....
but i swear when i was 14 i was about 7" and now i'm like....4 or someting

Sorry about the late reply

[This message has been edited by eVoLuTioN (edited 03-29-2004).]

Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, have you grown since you were 14? Maybe the rest of you grew a lot faster than your penis, which is why it seems so much smaller compared to the rest of you. I'm sure the spongy tissue in there didn't suddenly walk off to take residence in your ears.
Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eVoLuTioN
Neophyte
Member # 16329

but its......so much smaller.....not just a little bit...
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could this be a perception thing? Our senses aren't perfect, and we can often remember something being larger or smaller than it actually was a few years after the fact. Perhaps your perception of your penis a few years ago centred on it being erect, but now your perception centres on your penis in a flaccid state. Or perhaps you simply felt more comfortable with your penis a few years ago, and because the media often gives you the wrongful idea that men are more comfortable when they have larger penises, you remember it being larger, and what has really shrunk is your body confidence.

Remember, the size of your penis is really not going to affect very much in your life: it doesn't make you a better person, it doesn't make you more successful, and it doesn't guarantee success or failure in relationships.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weponx
Neophyte
Member # 37443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weponx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm sure your all familiar with "dr oz" the doctor that goes on the oprah show... here is what he had to say about the matter.

When Dr. Oz said healthy, monogamous sex can help you lose weight, viewers wrote in with lots of questions.

First, Dr. Oz wants to clear up a misconception that sex burns a lot of calories. In fact, sex only burns about 25, equal to half a slice of bread.

Instead, Dr. Oz says the real value of meaningful sex—not recreational sex—comes from the release of a hormone called oxytocin, which makes you feel community, love and empathy. "That is incredibly important because besides lowering your blood pressure, what it does is it tells your gut not to send signals to the brain to eat. So it's a wonderful tool to get you where you want to be," Dr. Oz says. Losing weight then tends to increase your sex drive, he says.

And, losing weight improves the sex lives of men in another way. "If you lose 35 pounds, if you're a male, you are gaining one inch of penis length," he says. Often when a man is carrying a lot of extra weight, Dr. Oz says a fat bundle builds up and starts to surround the shaft. As a man drops the weight, that fat starts to recede.

Posts: 1 | From: australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.