Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » Homepage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Homepage
treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treetops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm having problems with the front page of Scarleteen; sometimes it displays fine, and sometimes it displays what looks like a mobile version of the site (this is when browsing on my computer). It seems to be random and there does not seem to be any way of switching it. I've tried deleting cookies but that doesn't seem to work either.

I don't know if others have this problem or if it's just something with my browser, but thought it worth mentioning.
I'm on Firefox, btw.

[ 05-18-2011, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: treetops ]

Posts: 161 | From: europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've had just one or two people that keep telling us that, and so far cannot figure out what on earth the matter is. [Frown]

Unfortunately, having our developers look into it would cost more money than we have in our budget right now, especially since we're currently trying to find/raise funds for a home page major redo/update. That should hopefully fix any issues, but won't likely be done until summer, so long as we can raise the funds for it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed that in some webpages, the page loads incorrectly, and in all the times I've had this particular "mobile-type" page load, a reload or refresh of the page has done the trick. It may or may not work in your case, but I thought I'd let you know. =) But if it happens regularly, I'm not sure of the cause. But there are many different browsers and they can have mild (or greater) differences that can cause pages to load differently.
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treetops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've only had this problem with Scarleteen, and it's not solved by refreshing, unfortunately. Still, it's only a minor issue, so no worries [Smile] .

(Edited to add: I just tried with Internet Explorer and it came up with the mobile version there as well. Mysterious!)

[ 06-01-2011, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: treetops ]

Posts: 161 | From: europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
treetops: do you have a main site account, and are you logged into it?

I ask because I'm wondering if it isn't possible you unintentionally selected the mobile view?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Not sure if I have a main site account, but I'm definitely not logged in. I just went to the main site again and it came up with the normal version. It does seem to be random, as far as I can tell.

[ 06-01-2011, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: treetops ]

Heather
Member # 3

K. So sorry this is still going on!

Like I said, we're trying to save up and raise big funds for a major front page redo, so while the development team have looked into this, having them really, really dig would cost a lot of money we then wouldn't have for changes to the new version of the front page, so there's really little we can do right now without shooting ourselves in the foot, unfortunately.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Yeah, it's no biggie, I just thought I'd mention it in case it was helpful. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.