Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Needlessly beating myself up?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Needlessly beating myself up?
Kara Zor-El
Activist
Member # 14499

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kara Zor-El     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a wonderful relationship with my girlfriend that's been going on for about four months now. There hasn't been a day that we haven't seen each other since we started dating...until recently...

This past weekend, my brother and his wife took me to New Orleans for my birthday gift. We had such a great time but I missed my honey something fierce. Anyway, we went to this karaoke bar on Bourbon Street where my big bro and sis-in-law proceeded to sing everything from Lesley Gore to Bon Jovi. This total cutie pie barmaid kinda latched on to our group and I, not being much of a singer, was left sitting alone quite often. This gave Stephanie the waitress an opportunity to kiss me. I didn't stop her and I quite enjoyed it. But I felt so guilty. Nothing else happened and I called my girlfriend right away and told her what happened. She just wrote it off as innocent fun and said she wasn't pissed because I was so immediately honest with her. I can't believe how wise and forgiving she is! For some reason, I'm worried. I still feel so ashamed and I'm terrified that my girlfriend is now scrutinizing my every move. I keep picturing her exploding at me out of the blue like a couple of months from now. Is there anything I can do?

------------------
"If you're going through Hell, keep going..."
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 123 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a.boo
Neophyte
Member # 16726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a.boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i ahte to say it, but not really. You can confront your girlfriend and risk ruining the relationship, or you can just put it to hte back of your mind and try to carry on as normal. Be warned, she may do the same to you.
Posts: 7 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Zor-El
Activist
Member # 14499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Zor-El     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by a.boo:
i ahte to say it, but not really. You can confront your girlfriend and risk ruining the relationship, or you can just put it to hte back of your mind and try to carry on as normal.

I'm sorry, but confront her about what? She knows everything that happened and she's forgiven me -- my concern is that I'm still feeling really guilty and I can't seem to shake it.

Posts: 123 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashes_girl
Neophyte
Member # 15492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashes_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey i know what ur talking about cuz mt g/f did the same thing that u did and i did what ur g/f did just forgot about it but it does hurt alot cuz she is always with the girl she kissed but i trust her so i dont really have a major problem it might just mean that she trusts u well bye
Posts: 4 | From: Detroit Lakes MN USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*transient
Activist
Member # 15989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *transient     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey,

well I guess if she says she forgives you, then you just have to go with it...and if she knows how bad you feel about it, then she will probably forgive you. She probably feels alot better that you told her right away anyway, instead of trying to hide it. She knows you're honest. I guess the only way to feel better is trust that she really does forgive you, and give it some time, and you'll probably think about it less & less.

Posts: 61 | From: ON Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.