Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Can you get pregnant from dry humping?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you get pregnant from dry humping?
hollyanderson90
Neophyte
Member # 93215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hollyanderson90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday (12/19/2011) night, my boyfriend and I started making out. We were both fully clothed (he had on pants and underwear and I had on panties and underwear plus we both had on shirts). Eventually this making out led to him being on top of me grinding/dry humping a bit. Through all this, the pants stayed on. He unzipped them once, but I told him I wasn't comfortable, and he zipped them right back up. He was laying beside me when this happened. Anyways, when I got home and took off my panties, there was a huge wet spot on them I was really wet. I assume this wet spot came from me since it was on the inside of my panties. I'm almost 100% sure that he didn't ejaculate. But, I can't tell for certain. I was just wondering if there was a risk of pregnancy with what I did... And, if sperm can swim through all those layers of clothing. Please help to ease my mind... Also, I'm a virgin... I have been having pregnancy symptoms: back pain, abdominal pain... but I think it's my mind playing tricks on me because I've been so stressed and freaked out about all this.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Holly. There is no pregnancy or infection risk from this situation as sperm cannot swim through clothing. The wet spot was likely your own vaginal discharge.

The first symptom of pregnancy is a missed period, rather than something like abdominal/back pain which could be caused by a variety of things. If you're feeling very stressed and freaked out about these issues, you could consider using condoms for all genital contact or taking a break from sexual activity until you're feeling more relaxed.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also remember that you'll know if he ejaculates because you'll have a wet spot on the outside of your clothes.

Abdominal and back pain are symptoms experienced later in pregnancy, not right away. Sometimes people experience those things because they're stressed.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hollyanderson90
Neophyte
Member # 93215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hollyanderson90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know even when I say this, it still wouldn't cause me to become pregnant, but I just want to be sure. As I was on top of him, he reached in the seat of my pants and grabbed my bare butt... Does this change anything? I'm fairly positive that his hands were clean.
Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

No, that situation doesn't change anything in terms of pregnancy risk.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it doesn't change anything. He just touched your skin.

Would it help you to have some information on what *does* constitute as a pregnancy risk?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hollyanderson90
Neophyte
Member # 93215

It actually would help... It sounds completely stupid, and I know that I didn't do anything that would present a pregnancy risk... But, I just can't shake the feeling that I might be. I've been experiencing nausea and I've been gassy and the lower part of my abdomen looks like it might be bigger. But, honestly, I've been freaked out so much lately about the whole thing that my eyes could be playing tricks on me as far as the abdomen thing goes. But surely, those three symptoms along with the other ones that I mentioned in the previous post wouldn't start all together less than two weeks since I did this... I'm still so worried that my wetness could have leaked through my pants and came into contact somehow with his ejaculate or pre-cum.

Also I just realized that in my original post, I wrote that "he had on pants and underwear and I had on panties and underwear". What I meant was, he had on pants and underwear and I had on panties and leggings.

eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Hi again Holly,
This article describes the specific situations which do and do not cause a pregnancy risk:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/whats_the_risk_easy_pregnancy_risk_assessments

This one explains how reproduction and pregnancy happen:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/where_did_i_come_from_a_refresher_course_in_human_reproduction

Also, here's a thread in Support Groups that you might find helpful-
"Here's an outlet for everyone and anyone who has felt anxious about becoming pregnant, even when they have used a method of birth control. Share your fears, some ideas about how to cope with your anxiety, how to get help, what others have done to cope, and what you can do to make sure you are as protected as possible."
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/9/t/001131.html

--------------------

Audre Lorde

hollyanderson90
Neophyte
Member # 93215

I appreciate all the info... and I've read through it all. But, I just need one last reassurance from you guys... Based on all that I have told you, you think that there is only a small risk of pregnancy?
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

I think there is no viable risk of pregnancy from what you've described here.

--------------------

Audre Lorde

hollyanderson90
Neophyte
Member # 93215

Okay. Thank you so much. My period is supposed to come within the next week or so, so hopefully everything will turn out alright.
hollyanderson90
Neophyte
Member # 93215

Okay, ever since this incident, I've been trying to remain calm and wait for my period... But, I can't stop being stressed out! My pregnancy risk is all that I can think about. I've never been one to keep up with my period... I've never had a reason to. But, I tried to use a period tracker online to figure out when my period for this month would be... It said that I would start on the 8th (today), but I didn't start. Common sense tells me that I did not have a pregnancy risk bc there was absolutely no bare genital contact and we were clothed the entire time... but I still can't shake these scared feelings. I've been staying up way later than usual with these things on my mind, and I've stopped exercising recently. Do you think that these things could make my period be a little bit late? Any and all advice is appreciated.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't been keeping track of your period, you likely did not have all of the information you needed for any sort of a useful prediction (such as the dates of your last few periods, so you can see a pattern). And that aside, for the most part those online period trackers can only calculate averages, which isn't very accurate at all. So, I'd not go by that date.

Since it's been quite a while since the incident you described, why don't you just take a pregnancy test? That might help you trust that you really aren't pregnant.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hollyanderson90
Neophyte
Member # 93215

Nm. Finally got my period [Smile] ! Thank you for all your help and advice.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.