Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME SOON!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME SOON!!
XRootie1X
Neophyte
Member # 26966

Icon 9 posted      Profile for XRootie1X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the likelyhood i could be pregnant from this scenario...

I had sex the first day off my period...we used a condom and combined that with withdrawal. (also through out the month we fooled around a few times but w/o sex and there was always a condom on.) I'm now fifteen days late. I took a pregnancy test on my 6th day late and it was neg and then took another on my twelfth day late it was also neg. TH epast few days i've noticed nipples are starting to hurt and stick out a little bit more than usual. The past few months my period as been whacked out a bit and i have been as much as 17 days late so... what's the chance i'm pregnant now????

Posts: 4 | From: UsA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your chances of pregnancy are low, considering you used a condom. However, using withdrawal with condoms is not helpful; this increases the chance of the condoms slipping or tearing. You can learn more about condom useage here -- A Simple Condom Primer
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XRootie1X
Neophyte
Member # 26966

Icon 3 posted      Profile for XRootie1X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how low? like i shouldn't be totally freaking out right now.... or should i be totally having a heart attack like i already am
Posts: 4 | From: UsA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calm down - your chances of pregnancy are pretty darn low, and since you've had two negative pregnancy tests now, it's pretty safe to say you're not pregnant.

(However, if you're that worried, it might be worthwhile looking into a backup method of birth control for the future, simply for the peace of mind, or even consider if you're really ready to be sexually active at all right now.)

[This message has been edited by karybu (edited 01-12-2006).]

Posts: 5661 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XRootie1X
Neophyte
Member # 26966

Icon 7 posted      Profile for XRootie1X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. sorry i need to hear it from other people so i feel a bit better because i know how to get myself worked up about things sometimes. I know how to really freak myself out sometimes. But thank you. But if anyone else thinks otherwise or has any other opinions or w/e... please feel free to keep posting i'm still a bit stressed out from it being so late.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more thing to keep in mind is that stress can delay a period (even cause you to miss one completely), so if you've been stressing about this for awhile, the anxiety could definitely be a part of the problem.
Posts: 5661 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tyfish
Neophyte
Member # 26337

Icon 10 posted      Profile for tyfish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LilBlueSmurf:
Your chances of pregnancy are low, considering you used a condom. However, using withdrawal with condoms is not helpful; this increases the chance of the condoms slipping or tearing. You can learn more about condom useage here -- [b]A Simple Condom Primer[/B]

Just wonder, why does it increase the chances of slipping or tearing if the guy did not cum?

Posts: 15 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't.

What she was saying was that quickly withdrawaing can result in condom failures, as it's not atypical, when in a hurry to withdraw, with all the brain-fart of orgasm, for men to forget to hold unto the base when withdrawawing, which often results in the condom slipping off.

Posts: 67118 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tyfish
Neophyte
Member # 26337

Icon 14 posted      Profile for tyfish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info
Posts: 15 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.