Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Im Scared and Pregnate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im Scared and Pregnate
beentheredonethat
Neophyte
Member # 12255

Icon 9 posted      Profile for beentheredonethat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im 15 years old and I just found out Im pregnate with my ex boyfriends baby and I am very scared. He doesnt know what he wants and cant make up his mind, and in the mean time Im loseing my mind. Please Help
Posts: 1 | From: San Antonio, Texas, United States | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, welcome, welcome!

First thing's first: You need to start seeing a doctor for prenatal care if you haven't already. This is important regardless of what you decide; to ensure a healthy pregnancy; to ensure you have enough time to have an abortion; to ensure there isn't anything life-threatening going on, like an eptopic pregnancy.

You should also consider telling your parents if you haven't already. It can be scary, but it's important. I'll bump up some topics on bringing it up with your parents for you to read.

You're not alone in this, you can do this, and any decision you make in regards to YOUR pregnancy is the RIGHT decision. Many women before you have gone through this, and many more will go through it after you have.

Your ex might just be having some jitters. If he doesn't come around, or if he keeps giving you the run-around, there is no shame in being a single mother. There are legal procedures you can go through to establish just how involved he will be.

You might want to visit GirlMom and read the forums and articles there, and see if it's the right place for you. There are a lot of women your age there going through similar situations, and it is a great place to get support.

And, of course, you are more than welcome to stick around here. We're always glad to have new mamas.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello beenthere,
To cope with such a big change in your life, you'll need some support groups.

Resources:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000433.html

Telling your mom:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum10/HTML/000141.html

There are resources in San Antonio so that you can talk to someone who is unbiased and help you sort things out. A good start is Planned Parenthood-- http://www.plannedparenthood.org/affiliateinfo/healthcarelocations.asp?id=091710

So, here's my suggestion to you. Tommorrow morning, call the closest PP to you and tell them your situation, and they'll set up an appointment for you ASAP. Even if you have school, a lack of transportation, whatever, find a way there--you can get there by bus, taxi, asking a friend, or whatever way you can.

Remember, that when it comes down to it, it's your body, and ultimately, you are the one who is pregnant. So you don't need to rely solely on his judgement--make the best decisions for your life right now.

Find some professional help first, beenthere. And there's always a support group here at Scarleteen.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna
Neophyte
Member # 11696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please remember taht this is not just about what your ex wants - this is your body and your life we're talking about here... put some thought into what you want. It may be better to do this now, before you've heard from him, so you can truly think over your own needs and desires without letting his decision influence you.

Good luck in whatever decision you may come to.

------------------
"Out beyond ideas of wrong and right, there is a field. ... I'll meet you there" - Rumi

Posts: 6 | From: Oregon | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.