Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Not Mine, But I'm Proud Anyway! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Not Mine, But I'm Proud Anyway!
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to start a thread devoted to those of us who want to announce the arrival of children that aren't ours, but we're jazzed about anyway!

My best friend had a baby girl on 10 Dec. Her name is Madison, and she's completely beautiful! I get to spoil her silly

Another best friend had a baby girl last year. Li'l Savannah just celebrated her first birthday on 13 Dec.

And yet another friend has an adorable baby girl names Leilani who is 15 months old

Guess who's been shopping at FAO Schwartz and Pottery Barn Kids a lot lately

------------------
Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oohlala34
Activist
Member # 11096

Icon 7 posted      Profile for oohlala34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Aunt is having her first baby soon.It's going to be a boy.I'm so excited!Nice idea, Gumdrop Girl.
Posts: 95 | From: Somewhere USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my sisters friend had a baby. hes soo cute! i love him .i get to babysit sometimes too. my friends mom is having a baby sometime, and my friends sister has a little baby as well.
Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holly8705
Activist
Member # 8966

Icon 7 posted      Profile for holly8705     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend had her baby December 15th. It is a boy... I am so excited too!!! I can't wait until he gets bigger so I can spoil him like crazy!!! I luv babies!!!!

------------------
~Holly~

Never frown even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile!!!

Posts: 126 | From: Small town, Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WinterMoon
Neophyte
Member # 9885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WinterMoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My half brother's wife had quadruplets in 1999. Two little boys, and two little girls. They're going to be 4 years old this May, and I am so proud of them, because they're my deceased mothers Grandchildren, which makes them my little nieces and nephews.

------------------
Mayor Quimby: Congratulations Ned, you are our new town crier. May your shrill, nasal voice ring throughout our streets and brains.
Ned Flanders: Thankily-dank, Mayor, I shan't disappoint. Har ye, har ye! I declare myself pinkled tink about Springfield's Bicen-cidilly-ti-ten-toodly-rin-tin-tennial Day!
Homer: You suck-diddily-uck, Flanders! Gimme that!
[Grabs the bell from him]
Homer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Ye olde town crier proclaimed crappy by all! Chooseth Homer Simpson, and he shalt rock thy world!
Chief Wiggum: Good God, he is fabulous!
Principal Skinner: He's embiggened that role with that cromulent performance!

--Erin--

Posts: 28 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, she or he hasn't been born yet. But my sister just found out she is pregnant. I'm really happy, I'm going to be an aunt twice over...WOOHOOO!! Time to go shopping! LOL
Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surf Chicklet
Activist
Member # 11403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surf Chicklet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin just had a baby girl Her names Helena (Lanie..I love this nickname) and shes gorgeous! So cute..I love babies!
Posts: 59 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great idea!!!

My cousin who has been married for three years had a baby boy in Sept of 2001. His name is William. She's pregnant again with her second child. The sex of the baby has yet to be announced but the due date is June 29th, 2003 which means 5 months from now (and plus, it's the day before i turn 20 which is on the 30th!). I'm so excited for her *GRINS*

------------------
~Jules

[This message has been edited by summergoddess (edited 01-11-2003).]

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my teacher had a baby on January 30th. a boy. i cant wait to see him!!
Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Lit professor's wife had a child last year, and he's the *king* of the university coz he was the very first baby (the next came two days later, and now there are three, two boys and a girl). The name of the baby is Arthur Henry (I told you, he's the king ) and he's really cute! I hope they have more children
Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TinkyMomma18
Neophyte
Member # 11641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TinkyMomma18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm due September 13th, 2003.
Posts: 8 | From: Glendale Heights | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my friend is trying to get pregnant. I think she is now because she has been having unprotected sex everyday w/ her bf. She's in her first year in college, but i widh her luck.

My 15 yr old cousin is pregnant, but i am not happy about it . The father is 27. He needs to go to jail for that. He said that she told him that she was 17 but still you can tell otherwise. This is very unfortunate

Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I saw my cousin's baby for the first time since Christmas. He's sitting up all by himself and even taking a few steps with support now!

------------------
The house smelled musty and damp, and a little sweet, as if it were haunted by the ghosts of long-dead cookies.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend who is pregnant, and she just found out it will be a girl!

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetsadie
Neophyte
Member # 10109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetsadie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite managers at my job is pregnant with her first baby . She's hoping for a boy and is due at the end of July. I think she wants to name it Joshua.

Three girls I went to high school with have had babies already. They all had boys, one of whom is named Owen, and all in the span of eight weeks!

A lady I used to work with had twins, a boy and a girl, just four weeks ago. She called them Anya Elise and Lennon James, and of course they're adorable.

*Sighs* no baby for Sarah...yet...though not for lack of trying.

[This message has been edited by sweetsadie (edited 03-26-2003).]

Posts: 16 | From: Whitehall, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a neice and a newphew and I'm so proud of them. I was in the ambulance a week ago and my newphew was at the house and on the way to the hospital the perimedic asked if that little boy was my newphew and I said yes. then she said that she could tell that I'm proud of him because my face lighted up.
Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asher
Neophyte
Member # 12533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin had a baby a year and a half ago, but the poor guy has already lived the greater part of his life. He has no immune system and is in and out of hospitals on a regular bases. He's also slower then most babies. He hasn't begun to walk or talk yet. Above all, he is a blessing and a joy to have in our family. The second great grandchild.

-On another note, a friend of mine is due to have her baby in a month or two. It's a girl and she's going to name her Brianne, which is a gorgeous name that I've loved for sometime.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsQuackers
Neophyte
Member # 12885

Icon 7 posted      Profile for MrsQuackers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My brother and his girlfriend just had their first baby on January 16th. She is so cute her name is Tru Ann Lee (two middle names run in our family) That makes me an aunt for the 5th time I also have
Justin Michael
Mackenzie William
Grayson-River
Raina-Lynn

gotta love the creative names.
I should also mention im expecting my first child around February next year YAY me:P

------------------
Yellow is the colour that everyone should love

Posts: 6 | From: CANADA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MrsQuackers, I'm confused. You say you're due in February, but you also said you're seven weeks along. Care to elaborate?
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsQuackers
Neophyte
Member # 12885

Icon 6 posted      Profile for MrsQuackers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How would you like me to elaborate My doctor told me that I was due at the end of february.

------------------

Posts: 6 | From: CANADA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well ... You can't possibly be 7 wks pregant AND due in February. Gestation for humans is 9 months. Saying you're 7 wks along means you would've conceived mid March ... Making your baby due around December or so.

So ... You're either 7 wks along, or you're due in February. You can't be both.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsQuackers
Neophyte
Member # 12885

Icon 11 posted      Profile for MrsQuackers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know Im 7 weeks along so maybe I just heard him say February or he made a mistake. My appointment was last saturday and he said that I was 7 weeks along.

------------------

Allison
Neophyte
Member # 12971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 15 and 31 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. Im due on July 7, 2003. My sister is 7 weeks pregnant with twins and shes due on December 24, 2003

------------------
Allie & Justin
Parents To Be: July 7, 2003
Its a GIRL
Arissa Noelle A.

Posts: 9 | From: Sammamish, WA, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not to rain on anyone's parades, but this thread is for those of us who are announcing the births of kids that are not our own. I believe there is a thread for you new parents and parents to be to talk about your own kids.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyGurl8706
Activist
Member # 13227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyGurl8706     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin Heather is about 14 or 15 and is expecting her first baby in the last of July or early August.I am 50 50 on her being pregnant but hey I wish her the best.
I have 3 neices and 1 nephew.
Brooklyn is 4 will be 5 the 17th of December
Brian (nickname Bo or Bubby) will be 3 the 21 of December.
Haley (or June Bug or Bug) will be 2 the 7th of June and
Kyli (Or turtle) will be 1 the 26th of August.
I am so proud of them all.Can't wait to have some of my own!

Posts: 56 | From: Back In The sticks of Missouri | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i made an post earlier when this thread was just new. But here i am again. I have a friend in my university. She just told me today that she is 8 weeks pregnant (So it would mean that her pregnancy come to full term January of 2004). Her and her boyfriend just purchased an apartment for August 1st, 2003. She has worked out her schooling, changing her load to part-time for the coming academic year. Her boyfriend works full time. Her parents are supportive so are his parents so. Yeah, i'm happy for her

------------------
~Jules

[This message has been edited by summergoddess (edited 06-03-2003).]

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frozendreams
Activist
Member # 7638

Icon 10 posted      Profile for frozendreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my uncle (who is like a brother to me) just found out today that his baby is a boy!!! im so happy this is his first kid. he will be such a good dad.

------------------
formerly unhappykoger

Posts: 118 | From: dayton ohio usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my professors (an old supervisor) just had a girl today! She is so cute (he emailed me pictures.) Awww a girl, they are so cute! Almost makes me want to have another! ALMOST! Anyways, 6lbs 9oz born today!
Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin just had a baby boy about 3 days ago. I'm not allowed to come near him since I have a cold but from a distance, he seems like a cute and well-formed fellow.

------------------
mundi faece repletum

-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 10 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine had a girl this week! Five pounds, two ounces (she was a couple weeks early). They named her Lillian Elise, Lily, which I adore.
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Roses
Activist
Member # 9928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Roses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A McBride Scholar (students of non-traditional age) who was in my physics lab first semseter had a baby just after finals :-) I really have to respect her for doing that just before she graduated! (I'm assuming she planned it that way...she's married and is really happy about it. Then again, I was born the day after my mom defended her master's thesis, so go figure ;-) )
Posts: 105 | From: Bryn Mawr, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IceCuzImCold
Neophyte
Member # 13802

Icon 6 posted      Profile for IceCuzImCold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bestfriend is having a baby! We just found out so don't have a due date yet, but YAY!!she is having a baby!!!!!! I get to love the baby and hold the baby..... I AM SOOO HAPPY 4 HER!!!!!

------------------
=] :( :-* =[

Posts: 35 | From: Forestville, MD, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blue_gal
Neophyte
Member # 12550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blue_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my lil cousin was born 2 weeks ago! yay he is so cute and perfect! i love him to bits.

Also my first niece was born last year- she's my little princess and i love being an anut- it's great

~blue_gal

Posts: 35 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister is having another baby. this time is a girl! Im so HAPPY! I was smiling all day when I found out. shes due September 29th.

------------------
my bucket of tears

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
my cousin had a baby just over a week ago called Abigail Jane and she weighed 10lb 1oz which is massive for a first baby!

then i would also like to say that my boyfriends cousin is a teenage mum and she has an adorable little boy called joshua who is 1 year and 6 months today and i love him to bits! i hadnt seen him since christmas but i saw him yesterday and he's sooooo big! and he can walk and almost talk! and he's going to get a baby brother or sister in august so im looking forward to that baby coming too! oh im so excited!

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.