Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » bz7rzr

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bz7rzr
miggysmami
Neophyte
Member # 9535

Icon 4 posted      Profile for miggysmami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a big concern I went and took a test and it came out positive! But they aren't all the way accurate so I want to goto a clinic but I WANT IT TO TO BE totally confidential from my parents and I don't have any money to pay for it. I have insurance but my mom handles all that and Im just really frustrated I know where a clinic is but is birth testing and counseling free and confidential? Help!
Posts: 4 | From: new carrollton,MD,USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
False positives from home pregnancy tests are very unusual, for the record. If you got a postive from an HPT, it's pretty likely that is because you are pregnant.

In your area, you can find pregnancy testing at your local Planned Parenthood. It may or may not be totally free, but at this point, especially if you're pregnant, you're going to need to find a source of sizeable income no matter WHAT you choose to do. This is why we advise having one to begin with if you are going to be sexually active. See: http://www.scarleteen.com/sexuality/readiness.html

You can find your closest Planned Parenthood here: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ZIP.HTM

(In the future, btw, please title your topics something relevant to the body of your post, not a serties of random letters and numbers)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HockeyGrl
Neophyte
Member # 9401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HockeyGrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this an unwanted pregnancy? I can`t imagine the fear you must be feeling...I am in a situation where I have missed my period since July and I`m too scared to take a test because of fear that the test will say positive. I think you are very strong for taking that first step and doing the hpt...I wish I had your courage...I hope things work out great for you and stay positive about things...no pun intended!

Posts: 34 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note, Hockey: take the test. Please.

If you want to terminate the pregnancy, you have a limited amount of time to do so. The longer you wait to find out to do, the mmore you make make that an impossibility, especially since you'll need time to think it over.

And if you want to carry the child to term, you risk his or her health by NOT finding out as soon as possible and thus getting prenatal care early, and making any lifestyle changes you'll need to to ennsure their health.

And if you ask me, either of those two possibilities: not being able to terminate if you want to, or potentially handicapping a child before it is even born, are a lot more scary than knowing what the reality of your possible pregnancy is. especially since test or no test, you are what you are, pregnant or not.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miggysmami
Neophyte
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miggysmami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a "not planned" pregnancy. But I don't think that there is ever a "right time" for pregnancy you know and I can't change whats happened but I will goto the clinic but I cant tell my parents yet that is something I Will do on my own pace
Posts: 4 | From: new carrollton,MD,USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duckling
Neophyte
Member # 9531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duckling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's ok that you don't want to tell your parents...but I do think it's important to tell an adult whom you trust about this, and ask for their help and guidance. If you don't have someone like that, planned parenthood doctors are great.
Posts: 36 | From: US of A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HockeyGrl
Neophyte
Member # 9401

Icon 10 posted      Profile for HockeyGrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update : I`m NOT pregnant and thank god to that! whew!

I got my period yesterday night and I was so happy....I skipped my cycle last month from stress I figured that much because I`m always very careful when one on one with my b/f.

And I do agree that most pregnancies aren`t planned but you got my point anyways I`m sure..

bye now.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by miggysmami:
... but I will goto the clinic but I cant tell my parents yet that is something I Will do on my own pace

ok, that's fine - as long as you are getting prenatal care.

I suggest telling your parents sooner, rather than later, though. Don't you think it would be better to know if they support you or not?

That way, if they decide to not be supportive, you can find appropriate support systems before you actually have the baby.

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miggysmami
Neophyte
Member # 9535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miggysmami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My parents would support me financially and any other way I know for a fact but I just need to tell them when I am ready to tell them. My parents arent at all the type to not support me.
duckling
Neophyte
Member # 9531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duckling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay yay yay! Congratulations!

It was good - indeed, refreshing - to hear that your parents would have been supportive if you had been pregnant.

Posts: 36 | From: US of A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.