Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I saw.....HIM!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I saw.....HIM!
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 10 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I've hit another downspell. The past few days I have been very quiet to those who are around me. I stick to myself. Usually thats one of the signs that I am going to have a downspell. I was handling it rather well until. . .

Last night when I walked into a gas station to pay for my gas and get a lotto . . my usual routine on tuesday nights after dropping my brother off at the game . .I saw a guy who is a bit too familiar with me. I thought my rapist was in jail. Obviously not. I caught complete eye contact with his best friend standing beside him. Chills ran all through me. I kept my eyes on him, keeping my distance, paid for my gas, walked out the door and bolted for my car. GREAT! now he knows what I drive ( i recently got a new car) I was horrified. I locked my door and went up the alley toward the state police centre. I waited on a side street across from the SP centre where I could still see a small bit of the parking lot. I called my boyfriend and he talked to me all the way home.

I am TERRIFIED! he knows what I drive, his mom knows we moved since he has been away, she also knows where. I am afraid he is going to come after me. Last time he was out of jail he came to domino's, where I used to work. When I am alone I dial 911 on my cell phone and dont press send. I have pepper spray on my key chain. I knew it would never be over, I just didnt think it would be back to haunt me so soon. I dont know what else I can do.

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 10 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have changed my cell phone number recently to avoid contact with HIM, but it seems as if I might have given it out to a few to many people or someone else is spreading it around because I have been recieving voicemails and texts all day. Many voicemails just breathing, and texts are just a smiley face. I cant find ot who is calling because it shows up private number, but it is really freaking me out. I have contacted my cellular phone service provider and informed them that I have been recieving fake calls and texts.

I have told my boss and my co workers that I have a bad situation that I dont want to get into detail about with a guy and not to give any information out at all about me. I have also gained permission to lock my office door and not take any clients unless my assistant is in the room.

Some people think I am taking this too far but Its my safety I am worried about. Is there anything else I should do. I am so worried. I have already changed my cell phone provider and number, got a different job, got a new car, changed my address to a PO box number, and moved. Now I feel like I have to do it all over again. Its happening again.

My cousin has a restraining order on a guy who stalked her when she was 16 til she turned 18 and moved in with her fiance. She said that I cannot get one now because they dont give out restraining orders in our area any more. I am gong to look into it, but meanwhile, does anyone know if that is true? any advice? I feel like I am going no where and He's catching up fast!

[This message has been edited by oOo Lea oOo (edited 02-01-2006).]

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
In Virginia, restraining orders are called "Protective Orders" and yes, they are given out.

Here is a link:

http://www.womenslaw.org/VA/VA_how_to.htm

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Thanks. I work with a gal who's husband works for the sherriff's dept. I talked to her yesterday about her husband coming to work today. I told her I would really like to talk to him. He called me this morning at 8:05a.m. (as soon as I walked through the door my phone rang) so he knows it is serious. He is taking me to lunch to talk about it. Again, I have to battle the whole "get it out" thing, but I know it needs to be done so I guess I'll have to suck it up. Thanks again!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.