Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » bad day, i guess

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bad day, i guess
momomo
Activist
Member # 8636

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momomo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess I kinda need to vent but if anyone has been where i am and can help me out, PLEASE do.
So today has been a compilation (forgive me if that or any of the words i use arent right, im not in the mood to think too hard) of a lot of things going on in my life right now. Their all pretty petty but when added together... well first off, I don't know if my english teacher from last year is still writing my college reccomendations because I got my stuff to him late last year and he hasn't said anything to me since the end of last year. I e-mailed him and have yet to hear back. If he doesn't write them, I'm pretty much screwed because not many teachers will write them last minute.
Next, my first semester english teacher this year is really scary and I was trying hard to come off as a good student (which I am) but today she snapped when I said something about a shakespeare play being done as a greek tragedy to my history teacher (sorry if that doesn't make sense) to make a long story short, she made me out to be a liar. which sucked majorly. and then I had to have class with her which sucked too. now im scared of her and worried that shes gonna give me a biased grade.
Also, Today we had out first Thespian club meeting this year and we voted on club officers. I guess it's stupid but I had expected for the last three years that When I was a senior I would get pres. or vice. pres. because I had been the most active thespian member in my class and had gotten two lead roles last year. not even my best friend bothered to nominate me (i nominated her). I guess I would take it better if the other person was a good pres. but he isn't going to do anything and I had a whole lot planned! It just sucks that I work SO hard at all of the theatre stuff because thats what I love to do, but I get nothing, no recognition. and thats fine but it wears at you. If you don't get anything special in highschool when are you going to, you know? especially in my chosen career path. grrr. I'm always in the wrong class, or the wrong group (both my dance teacher and my choral teacher have told me that they made the wrong decision andI was supposed to be in a higher class). It sucks though. people who never work get more recognition than i do. GRRR.
Also, this whole college thing is getting to me as well. I have no idea where I havea chance at getting in because it basically all depends on my audition and I dont know where i stand on that scale. so its really stressful and i'm really worried.
I'm so sick of all this stress and its only the begining of the year. I broke down today after school and I just cant go back. None of the thespians like me which makes me not want to do the play or anything. I just want to curl up and never go out again. ahhh.
I'm sorry if I'm whiny. I just didn't know where else to turn and im so sick of all this stupid stuff...
thanks..

Posts: 273 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
illuminatedmind
Activist
Member # 17190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for illuminatedmind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What really sucks is that highschool is full of really stupid stuff. Quite frankly, life is full of really stupid stuff, but from my experience, I found the most stupid stuff in highschool. I've hit a lot of stupid stuff here in college, but I've certainly liked it a lot more than highschool.

It really probably is that all this stuff is building up and making everything seem a lot worse. It all sounds serious enough, but I know what it's like to be hit by a bunch of stuff that isn't the end all be all of life and to just feel like melting. You pretty much gotta get through one bit at a time.

Anyhoo, I'd focus on getting that old English professor to get a move on those recomendations if you can. That sounds like the most pressing of your issues.

As for your English teacher now, maybe she was having a bad day too. If she does end up being biased, that in no way would be fair and you may need to talk to a counselor.

As far as the Thespian club, there's nothing you can do about being an officer now, but you may be able to get some input in. And if the plays matter more than thespians not liking you, then go for it. Otherwise, maybe you could find some community stuff to try out for.

But most of all, just breathe. When you have the opportunity, just relax and unwind and release all that stress. You'll feel better.

Posts: 198 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.