Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Severe Paranoia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Severe Paranoia
Zelpa
Neophyte
Member # 17458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zelpa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering if anyone else here besides me suffer from this? Well about 5-6 months ago I became rather paranoid when I noticed small bumps on my penis, for 4 months I worried over it, spending every single day in fear that the next day would be worse, finally I got fed up with it and went to the doctor, I found out I had something called "Jock Itch" and she gave me mikadin, well she told me to use it for two weeks and it'd go away, and it didn't so she told me use it for 5-10 days more and make sure to keep it dry, I did that and it's almost gone but it's on the elevnth day, so I think I gotta try something different.Anyways, besides that i'm always paranoid, I constantly think of death I can't help to think that one days i'm going to die and i'm going to end up with cancer or something.And it eats away at me.So I went back to my doc and talked to her and I have to go through therapy, it's called Carniosacral therapy and it's suppose to help me.Personlly, I don't know if that or a therapist will help but does anyone have any other suggestions on how to be less paranoid so I can actully relax?
Posts: 35 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidsFiance
Neophyte
Member # 17557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DavidsFiance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to ALWAYS be parranoid when i was with this one guy. I was always scared that he was gonna break up with me, and every time he called me my heart would start to speed up because I was scared for sum stupid reason. Well about 5 or 6 months into the relationship I started getin really paranoid about EVERYTHING! So I started trying to make my busy. And it worked! I just kept my self busy and it eventually went away (not completley) But well it mostly went away. So good luck and stay busy!

------------------
Signed, Lover Gurl

Posts: 19 | From: HP | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_procrastinator
Neophyte
Member # 17715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_procrastinator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be like that, too. I was always worried that I had cancer and was going to die, so every time I felt sick, I wouldn't tell anyone because I was afraid I'd have to go to the doctor and find out I was dying. I also thought I was going bald for like, two years. THAT was pretty awful, since I tend to lose a lot of hair anyway. (It grows back, though.) I was always searching for "bald spots" on my head. Once I thought I found one, but it was just a scar.

So anyway, I guess I'm not helping you much. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone, and that you'll probably get over your fears eventually on your own. I think it might help if you talk to someone, maybe just your regular doctor. S/he will probably be able to refer you to a therapist if they think you need one. But it also helps just to get a logical explanation for the things that you think are not right.

As for death, I don't know, I STILL worry about that. None of us knows when we are going to die, and we don't know what will happen when we do, either. I think it's just something we have to accept, and not worry about too much. Death is part of life, after all.

Posts: 9 | From: new hamster, usa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leClowne
Neophyte
Member # 11376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leClowne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think therapy would definitely help. I think what you're exhibiting is mild hypochondria. That means that you can't help but fear that you'll get sick, or even die of an illness. It's an anxiety disorder that's treatable. The stress your fear is putting on your life is far, far worse than the actual risk you're at for getting a serious disease (chronic or prolonged stress can actually up a person's chance of heart attack/heart disease, generally for older and overweight people). What you need to focus on is that right now, at this moment, you are healthy. There is nothing wrong with you. You can breathe, you can walk, you can see, you don't feel pain, and if you keep a healthy and positive lifestyle, it'll probably stay that way! Find out about getting a therapy appointment so you can work this out. At the very worst, you might have OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), which is also easily treatable; what's probably the case is that you're just feeling freaked out and need a way to calm down. Therapy will help. :3
Posts: 13 | From: crazy LA, California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.