Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » School - can't take it anymore

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: School - can't take it anymore
just me myself and i
Neophyte
Member # 14987

Icon 9 posted      Profile for just me myself and i     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure if this is the right place but if it isn't i'm sure someone will move it to the correct place.
I've been to two senior schools. The first school i went to for two years and then we moved house and i had to move schools. At first i loved the new school and really enjoyed being there but as the years ahve gone on i've gradually liked it less and less. Last year i went into my third year at this school, my GCSE year. During this year i considered moving to a different school for sixth form, but as the exams approached and i was on study leave i found i was happier at school and decided to stay.
Now i'm half way through my lower sixth AS-level year and i can't take it anymore. Part of it is the school itself, i find the atmosphere suffocating and i don't particularly like the authortative way in which it's run. And another part is the people i'm around. The people who go to my school all seem to be of a particular breed (it's a grammar school and is highly selective). I can't find anyone who i really fit in with. I mean i have friends there but it seems that they just annoy me all the time and i can't stand being around them.
I found that the less i see them the better we get on, and this means that seeing them every day makes our relationships very bad.
I've spoken to a couple of my friends who did leave at the end of the GCSE year and they both understand exactly what i'm saying, and believe based on waht i've told them, that i would get on far better at a college or a school which has a mroe relaxed atmosphere for the sixth form (not meaning that in a more relaxed work attitude though).
My problem is that i don't know how to broach this topic with my parents. At the beginning of the year i did go through it with my dad and he tried to find a different place for me to go but all the places were full, however they did say there would be spaces next year if i was interested. I don't know how to go about bringing up this topic with my parents as they don't really have any idea of how i feel. They both believe that i'm quite happy at school and qutie happy in the relationships that i have there. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks x x x

[This message has been edited by just me myself and i (edited 02-18-2004).]

Posts: 7 | From: Norfolk, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just me myself and i
Neophyte
Member # 14987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just me myself and i     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well thanks guys. that's been a lot of help. i guess i'll just bunk it till i decide what to do. you've really helped! thanks!!!!
Posts: 7 | From: Norfolk, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 2 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by just me myself and i:
well thanks guys. that's been a lot of help. i guess i'll just bunk it till i decide what to do. you've really helped! thanks!!!!

All sarcasm aside, I'm not really sure how this disappeared from our collective radar screen. So to make up for that, let's put this in the right place, shall we?

See you in our Support Groups forum!

------------------
BruinDan, "Not Quite Morrissey," PHOM

¡Siendo padrote no es cil!

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fools_2
Activist
Member # 16351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fools_2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Write your parents a letter how you feel. Describe how miserbal the school is and how you feel alone. If you want to meet friends join a club or something that is socialable. Sometimes i tell my friends off because i am annoyed but making friends with a person you have never thought you could be friends with could happen and they might become best friends with you. Travel alone like a foreign exange group and you might meet people that are just like you and friends for life.
Posts: 61 | From: i come from a land down under | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.