Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » ok my friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ok my friend
lilmsproblems
Neophyte
Member # 15488

Icon 9 posted      Profile for lilmsproblems     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok my friend i am not going to say her name had sex!! with a friend of mine but she does not think it is sex because he put it in and pulled it out but if it "poped her cherrie" i think that is sex and then she went to a party and got "drunk" and had sex but there was no way she was drunk she only had to drinks and i dont know what to say to her because she calls her self a virgin even though everyone knows she isnt but idont know what to say because when she says crap like that it just makes me mad it would not bother me if she was like 15 or something you know but she is 12 and it just bothers me what sould i do please help me
Posts: 4 | From: maryville tennessee | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PebblePerson
Neophyte
Member # 15200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PebblePerson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well no offense, but it sounds like your friend is the one who needs the help. it should not make you mad that she is lying about her sexual experience - obviously if she is doing this then she is uncomfortable with and in denial of what she has gone through recently. you are not her, you can not get inside her head, you were not *there* when she had sex, and so you have no idea what actually happened, and how it was for her. clearly she is going through a very difficult time, and you should either let her know that you are there for her if she needs somebody to talk to, or mind your own business and not spread any cattiness about this girl to make her life any harder. she is a person too, and as you know what a difficult time you are going through, just imagine that she is having as much trouble with life as you are. middle school is a very difficult time for many many girls, both with sexuality and body image. try to be understanding, respectful, and considerate of others, *especially* those you call your friends.
Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
However, your friend needs to know that whether she considers what happened to be "sex" or not (and that's up to her to decide), it still puts her at risk of pregnancy and STDs if a condom wasn't used.

Given her age, it also counts as statutory rape, as legally she can't consent to sex (the age of consent for heterosexual sex in Tennessee is 18).

If she's genuinely your friend and you want to help her, then getting mad at her certainly isn't the way.

But you can make sure she has access to information like the articles here at Scarleteen, and you can let her know that you're concerned about her and want to help.

Here are some articles you and she might find helpful:

Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist
Magical Cups & Bloody Brides
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts
A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment
Safer Sex... For Your Heart

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.