Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » breakdown?? ive never cried this much....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: breakdown?? ive never cried this much....
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im sorry for posting alot about this kindof stuff but...
i dont know..it seems like i go for a while being happy and then i just get soo sad for like a week. and it happened in september that i just got so down, and now today i was i was just like really annoyed and stuff. and then i wanted to go to my friends and i couldnt, so i was mad..and then my friend asked me to go to this fancy thing because her date canceled, and i really wanted to, and then my mom was mad so i knew if i went she'd be mad so i didnt go.. and now im crying so much and i dont think its just becuase i didnt get to go.. im just so sad and i cant tell what about. and how do you know if your having a nervous breakdown? because maybe thats it...im just crying and i dunno. none of my friends who i talk to about this stuff are available. i called people but they arent home or online... and i dont know what it is or if its related to me doing this in september. and i wont kill myself but im so sad about nothing in particular.
sorry for posting again since this is kinda like..well i think i posted in september but im not sure.

Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
angel, dear, sorry to hear that you were in such a roug spot tonight. how are you doing now?

you mentioned in your other thread that you are seeing a psychiatrist: do you get along with her/him? do you two do therapy, too, or do you just get to see your psychiatrist to get your meds? are you seeing anyone else for help? have you told her/him how you have been lately and what happened in september?
do you two have an agreement about what you should do when you feel as down as you did tonight? (my therapist and i have a rule that when stuff gets very bad, i can call him and will get a session, as soon as possible.)

there's little, darl, that i can really tell you right now.
i think what you did - trying to get hold of people on the phone or online and posting here - was an excellent move. it's bad to be or feel alone when stuff is rough. - what's the relationship with your parents like though? how does your mom feel about your depression and do you two talk at all? - i think nothing can substitute a real life hug and conversation, and being able to have that with one of your parents would be invaluable.

that much for now, sorry that i don't have any real advice, just plenty of questions.

sending lots of energy your way and hoping your weekend will be better than the friday night.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i havent gone to the psychiatrist in a long time, since i was on Prozac last time, i dont really go regularly. yeah today i im better than last night, really dont know what happened then, but im not sure how i am today actually...i was mad because my friends are going to mardi gras and we cant do our project and then i am just cleaning my room today, i was mad so i didnt go with my mom on errands or anything. see, i dont really talk to my parents about that stuff, or really anyone that much..last night my friend got online so i was talking to him about it. i think im mean to my mom because she'll be like do you want to talk?? and i just go no, nothings wrong, etc. also, im on prozac taking it every other day. and this week, on thursday i took it i was happy and laughing at EVERYTHING and then friday of course my bad day. and now today im alot better. i think its probably a coincedence but i dunno. anyway, im better today than yesterday
Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi angel,

good to hear that you're a bit feeling better.

From what you write, I think you should see whether you can find someone who you can talk to regularly about everything that's happening in your life, such as a therapist or counsellor. I personally don't think it's very helpful to give teens (or anyone else, for that matter) Anti-Depressants and nothing else. You seem to need some support right now, that goes beyong simply impacting your brain chemicals, and that's normal and ok.

How about going to your school counsellor and ask for her/his assistance with this? Or discuss this with your psychiatrist - he might want to check your dosage is actually correct, and help you find someone who can give you ongoing support.
Also, think again about talking with your mom. If she keeps asking how you are, why not make the jump and actually talk to her and tell her what's up? I know how difficult it can be to open to parents, but I am sure it will be worth the effort.

Hope this helps.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

Spike: (In response to being asked to fight a troll) "I would, but I'm paralyzed with not caring very much."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachbaby701
Neophyte
Member # 9127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachbaby701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just read your post and it sounded so familier its scary. I know exactly what you are going through. Its really hard these days to be upset about stuff all the time and not think there is something wrong with you. I recently told my friend I thought I had bipolar disorder because I was always either really happy or really sad. People are always using pills to solve their problems instead of finding out what's really wrong. So instead of thinking that I needed medication, I tried thinking of what made me have these drastic moods. Now, when I get upset, instead of letting myself crying alone about it, I think about all the good things I've got going for me. I know its sounds stupid, but a lot of the time it keeps me from crying. If I'm already crying and I can't stop, I find a friend to cry to. Especially really good friends that won't try to analyze you, but will just listen to you. If no one is around to talk, I watch a movie. Some times its something to cheer me up so I don't think about my problems and cry. Or, if I really need to cry, I watch something that always makes me cry. That way, I can cry about a movie and not something thats bugging me. When the movie's done, I usually feel better because I got all that emotion out and I'm not dwelling on my problems. Sometimes you just need to cry and it will make you feel better as long as when you stop crying, you look for the good things again. I know this all sounds like something off Oprah, but it really helps me get through stuff. I hope you find something to help yourself too.
Posts: 9 | From: Nashua, NH, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.