Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » ugh, I need major help...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ugh, I need major help...
shining eyes
Activist
Member # 8741

Icon 9 posted      Profile for shining eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as some of you may know, I am depressed. If you don't, here's the tails--->
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum13/HTML/000181.html

Well, I haven't asked for help yet. But I was wondering if any of you have had this problem, and have gotten better without any prof. help? I really do want to get help, however I'm a major wimp. I've been trying to tell my parents about my depression (and another problem I can't exactly say now) and I just can't; it's just not possible. I'm so lost

Posts: 94 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
g00f_boy
Neophyte
Member # 10905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for g00f_boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have minor depression that comes and goes, i dont have any prof help. I know how you feel about telling ur parents. I have big anxiety problems that i know i need to tell people but i cant cause of reasons... generally that work themselves back to be related to anxiety. AHHHH bloody endlees loop.
if you can you do need to tell someone else it gets harder, trust me

Hope this helps..

[This message has been edited by g00f_boy (edited 01-17-2003).]

Posts: 22 | From: Wellington, New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vballchck
Activist
Member # 11398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vballchck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey girl, talk to them, talk to someone, anyone, get someone to talk to them. but get help, you seemed worried about something..

don't forget your friends are ALWAYS there for you and are extremly worried

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shining eyes
Activist
Member # 8741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shining eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well has anyone with bad depression got through it w/o prof help?
Posts: 94 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it IS severe depression, it's very hard, if not damn near impossible, to truely get through it yourself. I know, i've tried.

I was diagnosed w/ chronic/clinical depression in april 2000. Since then, i've been in the hospital for 10 days, been to the ER once, been through two different psychiatrists, three social workers, three different types of anti depressants, and two different types of anti anxiety meds.

Does this look like something i could've dealt w/ on my own? No. I tried, and ended up turning to cutting and smoking to make msyelf feel better.

Moral of the story ... Get help. It's much easier (and much more effective) if you have professional help. Lucky gave you some very good advice about talking to your parents about it. If that's not an option, you could talk to your guidance counselor at school. I saw one of the social workers through the school ... She'd come to see me one day a week for an hour, and my parents didn't have to be involved at all. Maybe your school can do the same for you.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are social workers?
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to do a bit of research on that one ... lol

You can find a definition here

I always just saw them sort of like therapists ... I worked better w/ them tho b/c they weren't doctors. W/ doctors, i sort of felt like i was always being watched and they were analyzing everything i said ... and it was all being written down. Social workers might do all that too, but they're better at hiding it

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oohlala34
Activist
Member # 11096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oohlala34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote:i have minor depression that comes and goes
I have the same thing

Posts: 95 | From: Somewhere USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shining eyes
Activist
Member # 8741

Icon 9 posted      Profile for shining eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UGH, just as and update...

When I told them they said I was acting like a two year old, that I need to move on and make myself happy, and that I'm just saying it's so bad to get attention. The reason they think that is because I can't tell then the reason I'm depressed, becuase I don't even know. I know I'm severely depressed, so I guess I'm just going to be like this forever

tigress
Activist
Member # 9461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They said you were acting like a two year old? That dosen't seem right. Did you tell them everything you felt?

There's not always a reason for depression. Many teens find themselves on an emotional rollercoaster because of hormone changes- and those feelings can make the person feel down a lot.

Maybe there's another adult you can talk to like a teacher or another family member? And remember your friends are always there for you. *Huggles*

Posts: 119 | From: SoRoa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.