Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Being Balimic?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Being Balimic?!
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay ive got a problem and this is the first time im coming out and admitting to it. I use to take diet pills but i got them taken away from me by my boyfriend because they were making sick to the point where i almost had to go to the hospital. So instead of diet pills im just throwing up after i eat bad stuff and junk food. I just cant stand looking at myself ne more i cant stand looking at girls who are soo much skinnier and prettier it just makes me soo jealous and depressed.

Well latly my throats been hurting really bad so i havnt been doing it as much. Would my throat be hurting due to me throwing up all the time? Also im wondering what are other effects from bbilimia?? How can doctors tell that you throw up? I gues im realyl asking for some support and also what can throwing up ur food do to you?

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~

Why is it that in the
land of the free, home
of the brave, why is it
that i still feel like a
slave.?"

Life is too short..Live it well and with the people you care about.. Don't ever let your work become your life... Go out there and live a little before its too late** Dr. Greene ER

Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lilfran14:
Okay ive got a problem and this is the first time im coming out and admitting to it.

Well one of that hardest parts is admitting to yourself that you have a problem, so atleast your on the right track.

quote:
Well latly my throats been hurting really bad so i havnt been doing it as much. Would my throat be hurting due to me throwing up all the time? Also im wondering what are other effects from bbilimia?? How can doctors tell that you throw up? I gues im realyl asking for some support and also what can throwing up ur food do to you?

From my understanding of bulimia it causes erosion of the teeth, chronic sore throat, kidney and liver problems (and it can cause problems with other major organs,) loss/irregular periods and bowel problems (constipation and diarahea.) And that isn't even going into the psychological effects it can cause.

I just did a quick search and came up with these. http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum27/HTML/001031.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum9/HTML/000382.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum24/HTML/000222.html
(i don't know to link them up, so i guess you'll have to cut and paste)

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

[This message has been edited by youcancallmepunk (edited 01-05-2003).]

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Youcancallmepunk, is spot on here. Bulimia is not only posing a danger b/c your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs to just be alive ... The acids that come up w/ the vomit eat the enamal on your teeth. Sticking your finger down your throat can do some serious damage to your esophogus.

You need to get help. Admitting you have a problem is a big step, but it really is moot if you're not willing to do something to help yourself. And any little thing you're willing to do to get better is great ... Maybe have someone sit w/ you for an hour or so after you eat. Let someone close to you in your life know what's going on. If they dont know the truth, they can't help you.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well thankyou so much for your advice and now i am more aware of the prblems that i am causing to myself, i am aware taht i need to tell somone to help myself more and thankyou once again for the advice

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~

Why is it that in the
land of the free, home
of the brave, why is it
that i still feel like a
slave.?"

Life is too short..Live it well and with the people you care about.. Don't ever let your work become your life... Go out there and live a little before its too late** Dr. Greene ER

Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.