Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » dont know how to deal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dont know how to deal
kissywissy11
Activist
Member # 10188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kissywissy11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alot of things are going wrong in my life right now. Problems with friends, family, people in general, trouble with the law, body issues, money issues... and sometimes I don't really know how to get past this all. I've stopped caring about my looks and talking to people, and I think I need help. What do you suggest I should do?
Posts: 68 | From: australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get some.

Really. Seek out counseling or support services in your area. often, school counselors can be a good gateway to finding those.

On the other hand, I'm of the mind that sometimes, we go those places. It is okay to have times of not being that involved in your appearance, and times when really you just need to be very alone.

The "trouble with the law" bit, though, does seem to be a signal to get some intervention going.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68212 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.