Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » horrible memories relived....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: horrible memories relived....
innocentone
Neophyte
Member # 10866

Icon 9 posted      Profile for innocentone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been dealing w/ this for a long time now, but have never really gotten over any of it. When I was about 7 or 8 years old my older brother molested me. After months of this happening my mom found out. But, all she did was give him a lecture and tell me that everything was ok. After that night, noone ever said anything about it or even talked to me about it. At that time I had no clue what he was even doing to me was wrong. As I grew up though, I figured out what all that stuff was about. It hurt me so much that my own brother could do it and that my mother just covered it up. I don't know if they even remember now, but at times I have these horrible nightmares about it all happening or out of nowhere memories or it all will come into my head. For a few years I was able to block them out and just deny that it all ever happened. But, now that I have a great guy as my b/f (and we get more serious) those memories come back into my mind alot more often. It scares me to the point that I push my b/f away from me and hate my brother and my mom. I just wish that there was someway to get rid of them.
Sorry that this is so long. I have never really told anyone that all this has happened to me. So, I guess I kind of needed to unload it all.

Posts: 7 | From: Indiana, Pa, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would help you to really unload all these things, and your best bet is to do so with a counselor. Yeah, it is a release to be able to write it all out for someone to read, but there is no real substitute for face to face interaction. I would strongly suggest that you seek a therapist, psychiatrist or even a counselor at school. Tell him/her what you told us, and do your best to work through your problems -- your counselor will walk you through it.

Hang in there, and best of luck

------------------
Correlation does not equal causation.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.