Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » divorce

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: divorce
kandie
Activist
Member # 7542

Icon 9 posted      Profile for kandie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im really stuck on the sitch with my parents...I know they love each other but I think that they are both on the verge of divorce! Me and my dad arn't as close as me and my mum but lately he has been confinding in me for help. He always tells me things like how he feels and how he thinks that their marrige is falling and that he has been seeing a counsellor and stuff like this and that he is scared to leave my mum because she is bipolar he she would become lost( me and him both no this would happen)..and that he was so confused and didn't know what to do and this other stuff..I have never had my dad talk to me like this before and I like that fact that he is coming to me for help and that he thinks Im the one in the family with the best grip of reality..but this is hard for me. I mean I don't mind listening because i Know what has been happing for along time it's just hard because my mum comes to me for advice to but it's getting so hard to deal with hearing there sides with eachother and against eachother gets really stressful and my sis is freaking out! what should I do with all this? I mean should I sit them down and get them to tell eachother what they tell to me? im struggling plz help me
thanks kandie

------------------
~*KaNdIe*~:)

Posts: 79 | From: CaNaDa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel_Kisses
Activist
Member # 7964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel_Kisses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off hun,I want to say that I am so sorry..At least they are confiding in you..Talk to them..Try to get them to tell each other how they feel and everything they have told you..You said that your father is in counseling? If so try to get your mom in to couseling..Sometimes that helps marriages..
I hope I have helped..
A_K

Posts: 52 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.