Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Im very depressed and I cant seriously take it anymore

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im very depressed and I cant seriously take it anymore
unlucky
Neophyte
Member # 6825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unlucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been depressed since september of 2001. Its alot of things. I cant deal with it anymore, I want to fall on my bed and cry but I cant, I cant cry anymore, Im too depressed to cry.
I dont know what to do please can someone help me out? and discuss this with me, because I have no one to discuss this with
please visit back

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 2 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to help, but I think there's a much better place on this site for you to talk to people who have been through similar circumstances. As such, I will transfer this thread over to our Support Groups forum, where you can chat with folks who know a lot more about this sort of thing than I do. Take care and best of luck!

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetie I know what you are going through. Trust me there was a time when I cried every night and felt hopeless.

The best advice I can give you is to tell someone. Anyone, your parents, a close friend, or the school consuler. Thats what I did and I got help. You can get help too. It may seem hard to tell someone what you feel but once you get it off your chest you feel so much better.

Cheer up sweetie, because there is always a rainbow after a thunderstorm.

------------------
"I get on my broom and make the bad guys go BOOM!" ~ From the wise words of a thespian on Harry Potter

"Haaaaaaaaaarrrrry Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter, heismyfriendhecanbeyourfriendtoo. Haaaaaaaaaaaaarrry Potter, becausehehasfeelingstoo!"

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was pretty depressed about a year ago, and this is the biggest mistake i made: i figured that my feelings weren't valid, and that there was no point in trying to get help; i thought that my feelings weren't worth talking about, and i also didn't have the energy to try to work with a therapist to make things better. so i thought, "hey, i'll cheer myself up". and when i couldn't, i felt like i had no control over myself, my emotions, or over anything. so without even realizing it, i slipped back into some old habits- starving myself, binging/purging; these things made me feel "in control". i felt like i could control my body, and i thought that by having control of that one thing, that meant that i hadn't completely lost control of everything. so i got sicker and sicker, and more depressed- it was really a vicious cycle. i won't continue telling my life story, but my point is this: don't ever think that your feelings aren't worth talking about. and even though you may not want to work with a therapist because you don't have the energy, please find the energy somewhere, or else you'll have to work twice as hard later on, once your depression spills over into every area of your life, like it did with me. get control of it now, and you won't have a huge mess to clean up later on. best of luck to you!

------------------
"i just found out there's no such thing as the real world/ just a lie you've got to rise above"

Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unlucky
Neophyte
Member # 6825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unlucky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx: BruinDan's Blog, CallMeBuffChick, Miss Thang.
You guys gave me a little hope to look forward to.

I read how you and other people always say "tell your friends, parents, counsulors at school" but I CANT I just cant, please trust me on this one I cant tell anybody, please, believe me

I always had and have problems. Those problems either, end up: embarrassing me, leaving a scar that will end up hurting me in the future, will hurt me, and etc. I cant really explain it though. and anymore I cant take just take it! Its too much, I already dont care about things, people, but they still affect me.

miss thang's quote "once your depression spills over into every area of your life, like it did with me."
I think its too late, it already happened and will happen in the future.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 14 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I though I couldn't either. I thought no one understood me at all and there was no point in telling someone how I felt.

The weight on my shoulders just got heavier and heavier and finally it was unbareable. I had an emotional burst out infront of my mother. We weren't even talking about me, we were talking about what kind of car to get me and I just started crying. I told her everything I felt inside and how life felt useless. And she got me the help I needed. I don't know were I would be if I didn't tell her.

Please don't wait till it's too late. If it's really as bad as you say it is then get yourself help. It will be the best thing you can do for yourself. It's no fun sitting in a dark corner and life will get better!

------------------
"I get on my broom and make the bad guys go BOOM!" ~ From the wise words of a thespian on Harry Potter

"Haaaaaaaaaarrrrry Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter, heismyfriendhecanbeyourfriendtoo. Haaaaaaaaaaaaarrry Potter, becausehehasfeelingstoo!"

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unlucky
Neophyte
Member # 6825

but I can't tell anyone, please, try to understand. Im even scared to open up online, what if people will find out that its me, see even Im scared on here!
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure exactly how you want us to help, unlucky. If you feel that it's impossible to open up to counselers, thereapists, or psychologists, I just don't understand exactly what you want. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snide, I really want to help you, but... I just don't understand what you're looking for. ???

------------------
Tim

"Conversation, like certain other portions of anatomy, works best when lubricated." -- the Marquis de Sade (Quills)

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miss Thang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlucky, I know that this is very hard to understand right now, but depression is far from uncommon. I think that you should talk to ANY counselor at your school, if you're not comfortable talking to your own- just tell them that you're having a tough time, and would like to see a therapist outside of school, but that you can't tell your parents. I'm in a support group at my school, and the leader of this group, who is a counselor, helps a lot of girls in that group get outside therapy without the parents knowledge. Is this an option for you?
Posts: 211 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Thang
Activist
Member # 5508

alright, unlucky- i want you to email me- --edited --

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 02-07-2002).]

Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss, our Guidelines state that
quote:
For your safety, we ask
that you not post personal information, such as full names, phone numbers, personal photos and/or e-mail or postal addresses.

Please edit your post.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude is right Unlucky. How are we suppose to help when you won't tell us whats wrong?

If you really can't then there must be something seriously wrong and that makes me worried.

Whatever this is you can't hide from it. I'm begging you, get help. If not for you then for me

------------------

unlucky
Neophyte
Member # 6825

thank you everyone

but I just cant open up to teachers, couselors, parents, whatever. please understand

if I tell y'all my problems on here, would you people help me, or support me somehow?

-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetheart, we will do everything we can but understand that we are limited; both by the fact that we don't know you and that we're not professionals. That being said, simply sharing your problems may be very helpful in and of itself.

------------------
There is a time and a place for everything.

ICQ# 146582840

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are definitely here for you as much as we can be. We will do anything to try and help you through this time. But it would be better to talk to someone. Im sure your parents, or even a close friend would LOVE to help you through your time.

You know what you could do? If you want to get some of your feelings out try Village People

You can talk about how you are feeling, and we can still help you as much as we can, even though we STRONGLY suggest that you talk to someone. ANYONE! But if you cant like you said, at least you will be getting some of those feelings out, and its better than nothing at all.

Luv ya, babe!

PS. Is there any reason why you REALLY CANT tell anyone what is going on? Can you at least give us a clue. I'm not pressuring you, I'm just trying to understand a little bit more.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

[This message has been edited by glitter695 (edited 02-08-2002).]

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...I'm going to suggest a few things, but I do agree with ookuotoe here, that "simply sharing your problems may be very helpful in and of itself."
--edited-- I started yoga recently, and though I can only practice some pretty basic yoga movements on a daily basis, I can tell you the results are wonderous. It's hard to imagine being one ounce upset when practicing.

Exercise and meditation are another few things I enjoy doing, but you'll find that even having a nice chat with a friend (even if it's not about your problems) can help a lot.

Perhaps you might want to consider getting a journal, so you can sort out your feelings. --edited--

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz

[This message has been edited by $uMMeR (edited 02-08-2002).]

[This message has been edited by kythryne (edited 02-09-2002).]

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$uMMer, most of your suggestions were really excellent, but I edited a couple of lines out because they had the potential to be rather insulting to some people. I'm sure your intent was good, but depression can be a very serious medical condition, and telling people to "lighten up" and "it'll go away eventually" (I'm paraphrasing, I know that's not exactly what you said) can be quite upsetting to someone who's suffering from really severe clinical depression, which frequently doesn't go away unless it's treated.

Okay, hon? I'm really sorry I had to edit your post, but I wanted to keep this topic as supportive as possible, since it sounds like unlucky is really having a hard time.

Kyth

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IWannaBeAGwenABe
Neophyte
Member # 6887

Icon 12 posted      Profile for IWannaBeAGwenABe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlucky, now more then ever I totally understand what you are going through! The fear of telling people is a hard one to get over. Like everyone else said you should but its ok if you cant. What I think you should know is that the people around you do care about you a lot. So dont think they dont. And I've gotten to the point where I just dont think I can take it anymore. Its hard to so the brighter side of things when you get that low.

suggestion: take time to yourself and write down everything that made you happy that day. Even if its just one thing. If you cant think of anything write down a happy memory. When you have times where you cant take it anymore look at your things you wrote down.

Are you on any medication?

Posts: 18 | From: Tonawanda, NY | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unlucky
Neophyte
Member # 6825

quote:
Originally posted by IWannaBeAGwenABe:
What I think you should know is that the people around you do care about you a lot. So dont think they dont.

Are you on any medication?

no, people around me DONT CARE. I dont "THINK" it I KNOW IT! Im always stressed out and pissed, and scared.

no, Im not on medication.

Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlucky,

I hate to be the one to call you on this, but i feel it is necessary.

I respect the fact that you feel you cannot open up to friends or teachers or your parents (although I admit I doubt this is completely true), but you have to realize you only have a few choices here. Open up about this, get it off your chest, and begin the road to healing, or keep it bottled up, and keep feeding the pain.

At some point, you will have to deal with this completely, and you can't do that by just keeping all the hurt inside. So really, the next step is yours to make.

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Lisa. There really isn't much more you can do from this point, except take the next step forward.

------------------
"No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock
(Coupling, BBCC)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EXACTLY! Nobody can help you, if you cant help yourself first. There is always someone there that cares about you. Look we are here, even thou we arent doctors or your family we want to help you to the fullest extent. Theres not even a teacher that you can talk to? Or a good friend?

There is really nothing else that we can do. We told you what we think is the best for you to do. The rest is up to you, sweetheart.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.