Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » bummed out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bummed out
ilm928
Neophyte
Member # 1426

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ilm928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really need some advice. i met my bf two years ago and we've been dating ever since. he's the most important thing in my world and i'm the same in his. we met our junior year of high school and ever since we've spent every day together. it was so nice being with him all of the time. in two weeks he has to leave for college. he's going three hours away and i'm staying at home and going to college near by. he has to stay there for one year. he'll be home on the holidays and i am going to visit him on my breaks. i just am going to be so depressed with him not here. it's going to be so wierd to go from seeing him every day to not seeing him at all. last night he came over and cried on my shoulder about how much he'll miss me and that he'll call me everyday. we have total trust with each other, so i'm not worried about anything like that. i just would like some advice from those of you who are in long distance relationships to tell me ways you cope without your bf's not being around.
Posts: 20 | From: pittsburgh | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider it practice for adult life. If you are going to be together for all of your lives, there may come a time when you have to be seperated - one of you may get a temporary transfer for work, or have to opportunity to study abroad, or need to look after a family member some distance away.

Life throws these unexpected things at you, but in this case, at least you have a time frame. People can survive pretty much anything for a year.

It will make your relationship stonger and increase your committment and your history together. Try to look at it every day as testing your relationship and proving how strong it is.

Best of luck!

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My BF was in camp all summer, and it was bad mostly in the beggining but then it got easier untill i saw him then it got bad agian, but it was fantastic to see him. I think the best thing is just to write and call a lot and see each other whenever possible.

It's not that terribly hard, but i know how you feel. I'm seeing him on saturday and i feel like it's a forever!

Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.