Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Tryin' 2 Bee Nice?!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tryin' 2 Bee Nice?!?
preciouspinkdoll
Neophyte
Member # 4975

Icon 5 posted      Profile for preciouspinkdoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I have a big problem! My friend, that I will just call Aubrey Coker, is sort of over weight... okay, she is obese. I honest to god have no prob what so ever with that, but she comes over to my house and literally raids my cabinets and refrigerator. I've been to her house and believe me she doesnt go hungry!!! I am really tired of going to bed hungry and my mom gets pissed off at me when she comes home from work and there is no dinner to cook. I dont wanna be insensitive and I don't want her to think I am making fun of her weight but it is getting really annoying!!! Will somebody please offer there opinions, advice and comments? thank you. - starving in seattle
Posts: 14 | From: modesto CA U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girly2499
Activist
Member # 4188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girly2499     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I could think of is next time she says she's hungry at your house just offer something else to do. Try to distract her. Or just say you don't have anything good, unless she just helps herself to your cabinets then that's different.
Posts: 87 | From: nebraska, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
preciouspinkdoll
Neophyte
Member # 4975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for preciouspinkdoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She does shell just walk into my house and help herself. I try to offer other things to do but all shell do is say no im hungry

Posts: 14 | From: modesto CA U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justaguy
Neophyte
Member # 5048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justaguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok gees hmm well try talking to her saying that yall (exuse my acent im a texas) dont have the cash to keep food and your mom is getting angry now if she was really a true friend she wont get pissed and she would except it but dont say it in an angry tone, but rather in girl to girl talk
Posts: 12 | From: Austin, Texas, US | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's be serious. Maybe you should just sit her down and talk to her about it. Simply say something like.. "Listen.. we're having some problems right now, and Mom is trying to conserve as much food as possible. If you want, you can go home and eat, and come back later." You catch my drift?

------------------
I know the pieces fit because I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering; fundamental differing.

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.