Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Bullying......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bullying......
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, since yall know that I'm going to Junior High in a couple of months, I'm kinda scared about the bullying side of things. I mean, I used to get bullied a lot in elementary and I'm really sensitive, so does anyone know anything about handling this kinda stuff without sounding like a taddletail?
Thanx,

Bubbles

------------------
Bubbles' online thinking bubble....

[This message has been edited by Super BubbleGum Gurl (edited 06-18-2001).]

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the only way you can really fend off bullies would be to show them that you won't be bullied.

Right from day one, if anyone tries to be funny with you, don't take it lying down. Stand up for yourself. Tell someone if you have to. You have every right to protect yourself hon and show people you are not going to put up with this crap.

Personally, while I can't say I have been bullied, there have definitely been a few people who would walk past me and make snide or offensive remarks. And the best way to deal with it would be to ignore them. After a while, they will get sick and tired of getting no response.

Of course, as I have said, if at any time, things get too bad or extreme for you to handle, tell someone. A family member, a teacher.

Think this would be more suited for Support Groups. Am moving it there.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.