Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I just can't deal!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just can't deal!
Sexy1985
Activist
Member # 1892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexy1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys. I don't know what to do! I'm just so.....mad/upset/worried....ahhhhhhhh!!!! I know it's not the best way to deal with things, but I cut myself. I feel so ashamed, I dont want anyone else to find out. I'm so scared. My life isn't going anywhere. I'm doing so bad in school!! I'm so stupid!!!!! My mom hates me. I don't have a father. He doesn't even know about me. My mom has never been married. I think maybe thats why she doesn't like me, cause everytime she sees me, she thinks of him.
I love my friends to death, but Ive been in such a bad mood lately that I wouldn't even want to be around me.
In all honesty, I want to die. Not really die, but go to sleep for a couple years. I'm so scared. Theres so much going on right now, I dont think I can handle it.

Posts: 64 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kim123
Neophyte
Member # 1968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kim123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You cut yourself? What a freak! Are you that desprate for attention! Get help dude!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kim, calling people freaks is totally unacceptable here. How would you like it if you came somewhere to look for help, and you were just called names?

Sexy, do you have a school counsellor or a trusted teacher that you could talk to? Talking out all your issues is probably the first step to resolving them. There is actually a whole thread on self mutilation here somewhere that you might want to look at too.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kim123:
You cut yourself? What a freak! Are you that desprate for attention! Get help dude!

Kim, that is completely uncalled for. There is no need for that kind of attitude to be displayed towards someone seeking help. Please be considerate.

entropie

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexy1985
Activist
Member # 1892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexy1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, no I cant talk to anyone. I did read the self mutilation thread. Gee, Kim....so sorry I bothered you! GOD! What the hell did I do to you!?
Posts: 64 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, girl.. don't stress.. take a few deep breaths and try to clear your head..

It sounds like there's a lot going on for you at the moment.. I've been there before.. but please, please don't do anything silly..!

There is nothing in the world that is worth ending your life over, I only learnt this the hard way.. people can be stupid, and uncaring, and unloving at times.. but that doesn't mean that you aren't worth caring for or loving.

Someones attitude towards you shouldn't be the clincher for whether you live or not.. not ever.

I'm not going to tell you to just wake up and be happy, because I know that isn't easy given your situation. When I was depressed people didn't understand why I couldn't just be happy all of the time. You and I both know that it doesn't work like that.

You need to seek some help.. maybe a school guidance counseller, or a hotline.. I'm not sure of the numbers in your area.. but perhaps it's best to talk to someone. You're obviously worried about how you are feeling.. and the best thing to do right now is talk to someone who isn't directly in your life, who can help you out.

If not, we're here for you, girl..

((((hugs))))

entropie

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kim ~ Sweetie i think you should watch what you say ... That was completely uncalled for and just overall RUDE. Sexy has done nothing to you and there was nothing wrong or weird about what she wrote. A lot of people share her problems ... Please be more aware of this and considerate of other peoples feelings or find yourself another postboard. We don't tolerate that kind of stuff here. If you don't have anything good/productive to say, keep your trap shut ... Thank you

Sexy ~ Ya know hun, I had the exact same problem as you. I used to cut my wrist, and i wanted to die ... I actually tried to kill myself, i let it go too far. I don't want to see that happen to you. It's ok to cry ... Let all your emotions out. I found it really hard to talk to anyone, i flat out refused. Sometimes it just takes time. You have to make your own decisions and don't let anyone force you into anything (therapy). I fought my mother like she was the devil when she was getting me to take meds and go to a psych. ... And now i'm living w/ my dad and guess what? I'm in therapy ... and i did it myself. The way i see it ... if i can do it, anyone can. If you're not ready to talk right away, that's fine, no one can force you to talk about anything you don't want to. But do *not* cut yourself up. I have scars all over myself from that ... By making the emotional scars go away, i was creating physical ones. And nothing ever *really* goes away. Whatever is bothering you may bother you for a long time ... but you're never know what could work unless you try something, anything. Here are a few suggestions ... Maybe just "bandaids" for a way bigger problem, but you have to start somewhere ya know ...

*~* Take a bubble bath. That's my solution to anything. Nothing is too big that can't be solved w/ a bubble bath, candles, maybe some incense and really good music. If you're physically stressed, your mental state can't be all that great, right? Start somewhere ...

*~* Get a journal. Take out a pencil and a piece of paper every nite at ... say 10pm. Write down everything that has happened to you on that day; what bothered you, what made you happy, who in your life is making you upset and what you love about your life. Another thing (i did this when i was in the hospital) is to write down 3 things you like about yourself ... this can be who you are, what you do, something someone else has said about you ... It's all about you. Sometimes the root of depression can actually start from low self esteem. Find out ...

*~* Have a good cry. If you feel like you need to let go, do it. Close your bedroom door and let the tears flow. Grab your favourite teddy bear and a picture of your best friend and cry ... Pick up the phone and let all your troubles go to someone close to you. Write a letter and actually consider giving it to someone ... It's so easy to write out what you feel and by the time you get around to giving it to the person, the feeling has passed. Give it to them anyway. No one can help you if they don't know how you feel sweetie ...

*~* Go to the guidance dept in your school. It took me over 6 months to realize that i couldn't deal w/ my problems on my own, so i'm would not be surprised one bit if you don't think that this problem is bigger than you are. I think a lot of "us" have been there and we know what this is like. Guidance councellors are there to help you. They're educated in this (and a lot of other stuff) and can help you sort out your problems. My guidance councelor told me that she's just a problem solver ... She was only there to help me lay out my problems and pick out the best solution. That's all they can do. They're not babysitters and they're not going to tell you what to do ... no one can. It's your life, do w/ it what you please ...

I'm sorry you're going through all this, i know it's hard. If you ever feel you need someone to talk to you can find me on icq (76198372) or email me at reineydaze@hotmail.com

~ Smurfy

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 11-23-2000).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kim that is UNACCEPTABLE. You can't be rude, you can't accuse things, and you can't be *cruel* do you understand? I'm sorry if I seem mean but I DO want to be mean. Because guess what? I'm a cutter, I'm trying to recover, I'm definetly not doing it for attention. You'll just have to learn that there are a lot of different kinds of people at scarleteen and you'll have to deal with it, capiche?

Okay, now sexy darling, there are a lot of ways to help cope besides cutting. But you're not going to stop until you tell yourself that you really really want to stop. I only stopped because I was literally forced to. Then I started again and it bled soo much I thought I was going to kill myself - which is what is keeping me from doing it. Because I don't want to die and I don't think you do either. Some of the best ways to cope are excersise, art, dancing, writing out your feelings, and stuff like that. I'm sorry that you feel this way and I know what it's like. I'm trying to stop feeling like that too. if you ever want to talk you can e-mail me at TwisterChick69@chickmail.com I check my e-mail a lot and you'll get a response within a few hours (unless I'm sleeping).

Stay strong sweetie, be strong.

Brittany

------------------
I'm so sexy it's almost evil

"...a ready supply of playdough that anyone can create the stuff of their dreams from" - Mz S

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sexy, I know how you feel. I'm low a lot, but instead of cutting myself, I take a lot of ibuprofen. I know that it's wrong, I just can't help it. One day, my friend caught me. She didn't tell my parents, but she took away my pills.

Since I don't know your exact situation (Only you do), I don't know what you should do. You should tell someone you trust, or call a hotline. That's what I would suggest. I don't really know what to do about my "problem," but I don't want to tell anyone because I'll feel like I let everyone down.

I guess I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one out there. I hope everything works out.

To LilBlueSmurf... I totally agree about taking bubble baths. They really relax me. Everything can be solved with a bubble bath, even if it's only temperorary. I love bubble baths!

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Journaling and writing is also a GREAT idea. I can promise you they both saved my life in my teens.

I was a cutter too, from the time I was 12 until I was 17. It's not as unusual as most people think, but it also (as you know) isn't a healthy release, especially since the anxiety of someone seeing your scars makes what you're feeling feel even worse.

Again, I'm going to agree with most of the posters here. A good therapist or counselor can make all the difference. The therapist I found (and you do usually have to meet a few before you find one you like) was a wonderful woman who not only helped me through a lot of my issues like cutting and abuse issues, but she also was right by my side quicker than anyone when I needed to leave home, and when my boyfriend died. The great things about therapists is that they're objective, they don't tend to pass judgement, and they're also adult and qualified to handle what you're going through rationally and professionally.

But know you aren't stupid: in fact, you recognize you've got some problems to deal with while you're having them, which in fact makes you smarter than the average bear. I'm going to also guess that your mom doesn't hate you, and that at this point, she's probably well over your father, honey.

Cut yourself some slack: we all have our rough and bumpy spots, and those who think they don't are probably in denial. This too shall really pass, it will, but you just have to take care of yourself to get through it, and that starts with what you did here, and with being a LOT less hard on yourself.

(And folks, thank you for handling the Kim situation, and Sexy, I'm sorry you had to hear that. But at least a comment like that can give you some perspective and gratitude for the problems you DON'T have.)

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 11-24-2000).]

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kim123:

<vent> WOW!!! What of you did this, how would this comment feel to you, this just TOTALLY RUINED MY DAY!!!! I cant believe how RUDE & INCONSIDERATE you were, have some respect please, and if you read the guidelines for Scarleteen you would know that is unacceptable. Please never ever say anyhting like that again!!!!
People dont do these kinds of things for attention, some people have more problems and cant deal with all the stress that it brought upon them. Next time just watch what you say or there will be some bigg problems OKAY!!!! THANK YOU! </vent>
Now Im sorry for my comments, but some people have to learn!!!!

Sexy~ maybe you should talk to someone thats close to you even if it isnt family. Your Mom doesnt hate you, she just might be having some hard times like you right now, and maybe if you talk together she will understand, and you both can go to counselor. Get though this time together, it seems like you two need eachother.

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

[This message has been edited by glitter695 (edited 11-24-2000).]

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dargon2
Neophyte
Member # 2013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dargon2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Find a new madness...Running for an hour at top speed hurts just as much as cutting yourself and the results are not quite as damaging to the complexion.

------------------
My madness is accentuated by my obsession...so be it.

Posts: 17 | From: Kelowna, BC, Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thats not good for yourslf either, you should talk to somebody if its possible, not hurt yourself, somebody is there and wants to listen and help you with your problems...And please, please, do not tell other people how you *relieve* your pain, its not good for people that really need help, and that are asking for help, to learn something new to hurt themselves by..Im not trying to be nasty, but I really dislike seeing people in pain. If you wish you can even e-mail me and I will talk to you. My email is glitter695@yahoo.com I'll be here!

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.