Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Rape, STI'S and how to deal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rape, STI'S and how to deal
blondie17
Activist
Member # 12155

Icon 8 posted      Profile for blondie17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About a month ago my friend was involved with a guy who got her trashed and forced intercourse while she was not even conscious of what was happening. She broke up w/ this guy the next day and hasnt talked 2 him since. this was her first time having sex and i dont think she had forseen it wuite like this. She and her bf had held off doing anything sexually related because he had been w/ many other girls and she was very cautious about sti's. A little while ago she started to experience itchiness and marks around her vagina as well as stomach pain and mentioned it to me. I sent her immeadiately to the doctors to be checked out as we didnt want a yeast infection to get worse...or a possible pregnancy that she didnt want to confront. Yesterday she was diagnosed w/ type I herpes that she got from this jerk. I don't think he should just walk away from this w/ out dealing w/ what he's done to her or n e one else who has raped and knowingly passed on an STI. I want to know if he can be charged, first off w/ rape and second for giving her herpes. This is my best friend and now because of him she has this for life. She said she would have much rather been pregnant than to ever have 2 deal with this. I want to help and make sure this guy pays for he's done so maybe he wont harm n e other girls. i don't believe ne one... N E ONE should ever have 2 go through something like this. it is unacceptable behaviour and should not be taken lightly. I want to know what her rights are so we decide what to do next.

------------------
~BlOnDiE~

Posts: 60 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blondie17
Activist
Member # 12155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blondie17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just to add one more thing which i believe is relevent to the situation... she was 16... he was 20.

------------------
~BlOnDiE~

Posts: 60 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since this was a month ago, she can certainly report this to the police (and the sooner she reports it, the better the chances of a successful prosecution).

Different countries have different laws regarding knowingly passing on STDs and whether that's a crime or not, but rape is a very serious crime and having intercourse with someone who is unconscious is clearly rape.

We have an article which she should read:
Dealing With Rape

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Age isn't really relevant in this case as the age of consent in Canada is 14. This may be a case of sexual assault and criminal negligence. However, this is a subject for the police and the Crown Attorney to decide. Your girlfriend shoud definately report this to the police and go from there.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.