Donate Now
We've Moved!">Check out our
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Motel dilemma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Motel dilemma
Clueless~Girl
Activist
Member # 4822

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Clueless~Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a slight problem (actually it is my boyfriend's problem too).

My boyfriend and I have wanted to do some sexual stuff lately. The only problem though is that we don't have a place to do anything. We both live at home, although we are legally adults (he's 19 and I'm 18). Due to the at-home aspect, we can not use either of our houses for anything sexual.

We have done a few minor things at parks before, but I highly doubt that's completely legal, not to mention the fact that we have to be careful no one sees us (which takes away from the "moment"). Today, we had quite a bit of time to spend together, so we decided we would get a motel room for a few hours. It seemed VERY logical to both of us...
HOWEVER, apparently, motels (at least where we are) do not allow people under the age of 21 to rent a room. I really do not understand that.

Does anyone have a suggestion for us as to where we could do things? This is really frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 56 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This seems like one of those problems without an answer.

As you've made clear you already know, pretty much any place you have access to, besides your houses, is "public," so you shouldn't be messing around there. But you can't mess around at home, either (I definitely understand that - I'm still not allowed to have my boyfriend in my room at home, even with the door open).

The motel thing seems obvious, but there's that stupid 21-thing, in my area, too. My friends and parents and I have all talked about this ad nauseam, as it's come up a lot in relation to weekend holidays and New Year's parties.

We decided that it's probably not law, as you're an adult - it's probably a policy to make sure you pay for the room, and one hotel told me it's because their room service serves alcohol and they don't want to be responsible for people who can't drink legally.

So what are you going to do? The only thing I can think of (besides going over to a friend's house, which is kind of tacky) is just to 1) talk to your parents about it, however uncomfortable that is going to be, or 2) wait till your parents are gone for a little while. Neither are fantastic, but the first one will get you into a lot less trouble if someone comes home early.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

this is what you get for liking it.
"The best-looking boys are taken, the best-looking girls are staying inside. So, Judy, where does that leave you, walking the streets from morning till night?" --Belle and Sebastian, "Judy and the Dream of Horses"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.