Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » french tv looking for people for documentary

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: french tv looking for people for documentary
frenchtvny
Neophyte
Member # 6471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frenchtvny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,
see that you are talking about ethics and politics of sexuality.
i am currently preparing a short documentary for a scientific show for a french national cable network on sexual behavior.
my topic will be how american view oral sex, is there really a trend that oral sex is no sex, is it practiced mainly for pleasure, or pregnancy prevention, std prevention and so on. anyone interested can answered me directly on my email
at frenchtvny@yahoo.com
thanks.

------------------

Posts: 4 | From: new york | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please have your bona fides vetted at boards@scarleteen.com . Until then, I would advise all board users not to respond to this post.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frenchtvny
Neophyte
Member # 6471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frenchtvny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bobolink:
Please have your bona fides vetted at boards@scarleteen.com . Until then, I would advise all board users not to respond to this post.

i don't really understand what you are asking me to do
but i am a serious journalist doing serious work, i am more than willing to give all the details of my work to anyone on the boards if i am told what to exactly say. By the way the channel is m6 and the show is called e=m6 a monthly scientific show.
is that enough?

Posts: 4 | From: new york | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Bobo is asking you to do is to take your information to our "boardmom" ... She runs the site and we need for your request to be passed by her first. Simply email what you've told us to her. She'll probably ask you a few more questions ... And then she'll either okay it and let you and the staff/volunteers know, or ask you to take your business elsewhere.

Until then, please be patient and do not ask users to give you their email addresses or any other personal information. Do feel free to roam and put in any imput you may have at any of the forums though

------------------
*~*Smurfie*~*
Scarleteen Advocate

"When I am alone I am not aware of my race or my sex, both in need of social context for definition."
~ Maxine Hong Kingston

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frenchtvny
Neophyte
Member # 6471

Ok all
i just informed the mom about "my business" as you say. hopefully i'll have a go ahead otherwise...
i'll check elsewhere.
thank you all for patience and answers.

quote:
Originally posted by LilBlueSmurf:
What Bobo is asking you to do is to take your information to our "boardmom" ... She runs the site and we need for your request to be passed by her first. Simply email what you've told us to her. She'll probably ask you a few more questions ... And then she'll either okay it and let you and the staff/volunteers know, or ask you to take your business elsewhere.

Until then, please be patient and do not ask users to give you their email addresses or any other personal information. Do feel free to roam and put in any imput you may have at any of the forums though

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All clear.

For clarity, what Maria is asking for, particularly from a standpoint of young people, is how you feel about oral sex as "sex" as well as why -- if there is a why -- you engage in oral sex, if you do.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67219 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oral sex, especially fellatio, is very popular where I live (Southern California). I personally have never given or recieved oral sex-or any kind of sex at all-but several people I know have.

What disturbs me is that almost none of them use protection. They think it's ridiculous to use a condom for oral sex, that it takes away from the pleasure or their boyfriends like them to "swallow". They tend to underestimate the risks of it. Just today, I got into a disagreement with a friend of mine that insisted that no protection was needed. She said it was stupid, she "knew" her partner was clean. I said even so, you could get infections in your throat that way. She just shrugged it off.

Another issue is the "Is oral sex sex?" question. I think it is, in a way (that's why it has "sex" in the name!) but most people I know don't think so. It's really kind of a gray area, I guess.

------------------
"Your Honor, we find the man who stole the mare not guilty."
-Welsh jury verdict

"We could start a glorious day..."

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.