Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Falwell Sinks to New Lows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Falwell Sinks to New Lows
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There really isn't a whole lot in the way of a discussion to be had about this, I don't think, but I did want to point out the nonsense that Falwell is now spouting. I didn't know whether it belonged here or in the Crisis thread in All About You; sorry if I stuck it in the wrong place.

You can listen to the MP3 file at this address: http://www.poenews.com/imgs/falwell.mp3 .

A quote from it:
quote:
The ACLU's gotta take a lot of the blame for this... and I know I'll hear from them on this. Throwing God out successfully, with the help of the Federal court system. Throwing God out of the public square. Out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some of the burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy forty million little innocent babies we made God mad. I really do believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays, and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who tried to secularize America... I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen.

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

good heavens. some people seriously don't get it. fundamentalists are at the root of all this. falwell should know that he is of their ilk -- people who pervert dogma and believe that theirs is the one truth and all others must assimilate or die. let's all hope falwell doesn't take up militant vigilanteism or we're all done for.

------------------
A waist is a terrible thing to mind.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* You know, on Wednesday morning (Sydney time) right after all this happened, I said to Danny that I was almost scared for the first wave of horror to pass, because after that people were going to start blaming people, anyone that they could. I wondered how long it would take for some idiot to blame "the homosexual agenda", and I'm just so sad that my prediction was right.

Gummy's right, it's fanaticism like this that leads to terrorism, not diversity in belief, sexual orientation and lifestyle.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's not the only one who's decided that ungodliness is the root cause of this, though I can't remember who the other one was. Flip . . . something. Heck, why not blame this on the ever-increasing range of Pop Tart flavours available, or the new Degrassi series? It may sound dumber, but it makes about as much sense. Too bad some people are going to believe it, though!
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Beppie:
*sigh* You know, on Wednesday morning (Sydney time) right after all this happened, I said to Danny that I was almost scared for the first wave of horror to pass, because after that people were going to start blaming people, anyone that they could.

Yes, I remember that very well. The good thing is that at least for now, most of the people who are passing blame on ridiculously nonsensical groups like "abortionists" are on the fringe of society anyway. Fallwell is generally mocked outside his little circle of followers, and while it is a sad testament to how low some people will sink to pass blame wherever they can, I don't think much of the world will take him seriously anyway. Even so...what an embarrassment that guy is.

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 8 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*le sigh* Sorry to sound crude, but Falwell can go shove an angry porcupine up his self-righteous a$s.

Its just disgusting that in the midst of this tragedy, he has to turn around and continue the cycle of hatred. Instead of mourning the world's collective loss, he's spouting foolish hatred.

I agree exactly with Milke; his logic is as convoluted as it gets. He's an embarrasment to everyone, to everyone...

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards...

"Ni! Ni! Niii!" -Monty Python & the Holy Grail

"Dream dangerous, and thanks for the poem!"
- what Neil Gaiman signed in my copy of "American Gods". I gave him a poem I wrote.

++Part of a conversation with Benji from Good Charlotte++
Me: Your music means so much to me...
Benji: Really? Thank you. Thank you very much. It means a lot to -me- that you said that.
(This was followed by a hug from Benji.)

R.I.P. To all the victims of the terrorist attack that occurred on September 11, 2001. Truly a dark day in our history.

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee
Activist
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Falwell is an idiot plain and simple. The fact that he is making these kinds of outlandish statements should tell us something about how many people actually listen to him.

Poor Jerry, I think he's lonely.

Lee

Posts: 175 | From: Tempe, AZ USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.