Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » The Draft (cue the scary music) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Draft (cue the scary music)
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think the draft should extend to women?

What if (demi-goddess of blueberries forbid) war broke out tomorrow and you had 48 hours to register with the army? What would you do? Apparently there is a very big fine for not registering, and up to five years in jail too.

This one, I have to see other people's responses to before I'm going to be silly enough to post my own.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 7 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I don't think anyone should be drafted. If governments have to get themselves in a war in an attempt to solve their problems, then their people shouldn't have to fight for them.

If there was no other choice, I think women should be drafted as spies. It would be great to seduce the enemy. Or maybe I've just been having too many dreams where that happens.

Hugs & Scully,
Winnie the Pacifist

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Winnie on this one.

I am not a fan of the draft at all ( and spent the first few years of my life in a vvan, then on an Amish farm, because my father was resiting it, thanks), and am a pacifist.

I think as a gender issue it's moot for me, because I don't think people should have no choice in what they risk their lives for, period, be they male, female or otherwise.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about more general national service during wartime (or indeed in normal time). You could have the choice of whether to join the army or help in an equaly important way like producing more food, or working in factories.

------------------
'An Anarchist is a Liberal with a bomb' Trotsky

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there are a lot of countries where everyone has to jin the military in some capacity, such as israel. i still think it's wrong, although maybe it's justified in a very small country in a war zone.

however, in a country like the US (and gaffer, we should remember that not everyone on ST lives here), there are so many people that forcing everyone to join would just be ludicrous. the military machine simply doesn't need to be that big (in fact, imho, it already is too big.)

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think there should be a draft. Just because not everyone cares enough or has the loyalty to ones own country to defend it. Especcially in America.

The draft in Isreal, I think is completely just. They need all the people in the army that they can get. I've been to Isreal a few times and it's really weird at first when you get there and start walking around because there are soldiers walking around with these huge guns slung over their shoulders. It's almost scary, but then you get used to it.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes, thanks Emsily, almost forgot there for a minute the other part. If you live in another country is there a draft?

I don't agree with the US draft either--if people are willing to risk their lives because the war is being fought for just reasons then I don't think a draft would be as necessary, and it would do some good for America's overly large ego to have to worry about an armed forces of a fraction of what it would be. But, I think that if there is one, something should be figured out about this only men thing. It just confuses me.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't think that anyone should be drafted, and here in canada, i don't believe anyone is. I think that it's really just forcing people to go fight, and really, in most cases, be killed. It ins't fair to do this to someone against their will.

------------------
...Everybody knows what a store-bought sweater looks like. But man, when you see a home-knitter on the street, it's obvoius, you know?"
-Hawksley Workman

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm in agreement with most of you in that there should NOT be a draft in the first place (forcing people to give their lives for something against their will is ridiculous and unethical).

However, I don't think it's going to go away. And as far as women being included, I think that's at least a step towards fairness in one direction or another. If men are going to be required to register with SS (Selective Service) when they turn 18, I think it should damn well extend to women as well. What are we, too fragile? Noncitizens?

Not that I'd be here. I'd be up in Canada with Bobolink and Celtic and Smurf and all the rest of you. ;]

(When are people going to learn that violence doesn't solve ANYTHING?)

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Boo to the business world/You know a girl who's tax-free on her back and making/Plenty cash/But you are working for the joy of giving" --Belle and Sebastian, "Lazy Line-Painter Jane"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a pacifist, but I am very much against the draft. Any draft. Men shouldn't have to do it; women shouldn't have to do it. Forcing people to train and then go off somewhere to fight -- let alone forcing them to risk their lives -- is a horrible violation of their rights.

If war broke out tomorrow and I had to register, I'd first see if I could legally get out if it somehow (e.g. "You can't send me off to fight! I'm mentally ill!"). Failing that, I'd flee, probably to Canada.

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with those who say that no one should be drafted- it's just plain wrong.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Old enough to kill, but not for voting'
Now, who said that originally?

Forcing people to work for a violent movement just isn't right. There are enough people out there who want to be part of the military, so why do any more need to be recruited? One of my father's friends and his wife drove from the 'States to Canada to make sure that they're child, if it turned out to be a boy (and it did) would be exempt from the draft, and I've always been very impressed by a couple who would be that dedicated to their child.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Tuesday April 29 of 1997, I turned 18 years old. So that Friday night (May 2nd), I enjoyed some of the new freedoms that being 18 in SoCal provided me with. I bought a lottery ticket (and won 5 bucks!), went with my friends into an "adult" store for the first time to giggle at sex toys like the immature children that we were, and danced at a club (The Palace in Hollywood) for the first time.

The next day (Saturday May 3), I received my Selective Service card in the mail, accompanied by a razor sent to me by the Gilette Company. While the razor was a nice touch, the draft card made my pulse increase. For a while, I was upset...since my girlfriend at the time had turned 18 without having to register, why did I have to do so? Really, the whole thing is unfair...which is why I am glad the United States has an all-volunteer Armed Forces.

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If a draft was, for some reason, suddenly imposed in Canada, I would be one of the first people taking to the wilderness to avoid it. I don't like most of the reasons for war, though I'm not a pacifist. The people who want to go and fight can go. I don't.

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally don't think women should be in the draft, or fight in wars or anything like that. I mean it makes me angry that we wanted to have anything to do with it in the first place. I think we shouldn't have drafts at all, and ther shouldn't be any penalty for not wanting anything to do with war. I mean we don't propose war, so why should we have to follow through with it?
i think war is stupid. I definately don't think women should be forced to be envolved in something as stupid as war, much less men.

Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'rin
Activist
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'rin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there are actualy posts in the army for conscientous dissenters, like being a cook or running supplies to soldiers. but besides that kind of thing.....i personally would refuse to fight because i feel it is not my right to kill anybody, i do not have the right to play god, and if there was a draft for everyone i'd run away to canada to live with some relatives of mine near hamilton. but....as an egalatarian....if men can be drafted women should be too, with allowances made so only one parent in a household can be drafted. equal rights should come with equal responsiblilties, and i feel that women cannot ever truely have one without the other.
'rin

------------------
"-and i hope i'm not shooting my mouth off...again...and i pray i'm not tempting the fates....."
-james, off millionaires

Posts: 219 | From: lost in yonkers | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 4 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heheheh i giggled when i read this...

I'd flee, probably to Canada -Lynne

Canada actually does have somewhat of a draft.. (I think.. I'm gonna explain it now.. good old 94 in history class! )

We have something called conscription. It's part of our war measures act and it says thaht if the government is in a time of distress and war they can conscript (or 'draft') people to war. THis happened in world war I and II in canada. (It's also one of the many reasons why lines were drawn between french and english relations but i won't get into that now! )

Okay...i think this is the same as the draft! But anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! Just trying to shed some 'Canadian Light' on the subject!

Silly Girl

[This message has been edited by sillygirl182 (edited 07-23-2001).]

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'rin
Activist
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'rin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
drat. i will just have to climb under a rock. i guess the vietnam draft dodging thing only worked b/c canada was not in that
"police action" (to dust off my social studies knowledge...not actually a declared war and how many dead? wowy.)
'rin

------------------
"-and i hope i'm not shooting my mouth off...again...and i pray i'm not tempting the fates....."
-james, off millionaires

Posts: 219 | From: lost in yonkers | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You people are really gonna be in trouble if China ever gets aggressive! I mean where on earth is your patriotic beliefs. The USA: the guardian of peace, justice, freedom, Macdonalds and..... hmmm. Nah, forget it.

------------------

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Confused boy:
The USA: the guardian of peace, justice, freedom, Macdonalds and..... hmmm. Nah, forget it.

Hey now, go easy on the country that kept you from speaking German right now

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the draft is just a terrible idea to begin with. why would i ever want to kill someone who i have no problem with? now say a plane load of enemy troops got dumped out onto my front yard and started to attack my home...i would have no rpoblem with defending my self and family...but as for me going to some country and killing men because they are doing something with their lives that makes my country lose money is just sick. mindless nationalism makes me scared.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, but its just such a hard thing to decide. I mean speaking German or having a MacDonalds down the road (course Im Jewish so there isnt really much choice)? And besides, the US might have left us there in the lurch if Japan had not attacked you lot. And Germany had given up trying to invade Britain atleast temporarily by that time and all the US had done up to that point is sell us some dodgy military hardware which caused the country to go bankrupt. And what about the war on the Eastern front. Really we ought to be thanking the Russians for holding out and defeating the Germans. They sacrificed more men than the whole of the other Allies put together. So then comes the question: would I rather be speaking Russian or American? It appears that I have no choice but to speak American.

So Have A Nice Day!

------------------

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

JunkiePanda, that is a very good point.

I think there is definitely a difference between defending one's country from invasion (which I do not have a problem with at all), and going away to a faraway continent to kill people who are siphoning off your country's oil supply (which I tend to have a slight problem with.) And your last line pretty much says it all...a very valid point indeed.

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 8 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BruinDan:
Hey now, go easy on the country that kept you from speaking German right now

PLEASE, acknowledge that the USA wasn't the complete reason that we aren't speaking German now. PLEASE do not forget coutries like Britian and Canada who were in the war many years before Pearl Harbour.

IMHO you can thank Churchill (British Leader) for the fact we are not speaking German today. He had a "die before giving up" attitude and would not step down to hitler for anything. And might i also remind you that the USA declined even sending Britian (and it's allies) ANY form of support (ships, amuniton etc.) before pearl harbour.

I'm sorry if this comes across very agressive, just after my history class this year I've formed an opinion that Canadian fighters in wars do not get very much recognition and it all goes to the americans who were only in the war for the last few years..

I'm not american bashing... and if you take offence to this now.. I am truly sorry.. I'm just venting...

What can i say? I'm a true Canadian

Silly Girl

[This message has been edited by sillygirl182 (edited 07-24-2001).]

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, I do not take offense at all, and I hope you didn't take offense by my poor attempt at a joke earlier. I didn't mean to minimize anybody's role in the Second World War, it was just a weak attempt at humor, and I apologize.

However, I do want to make one minor correction. (Can you guess who is a World War 2 buff? LOL) The United States had been sending munitions to Britain covertly for 14 months before Pearl Harbor, and the Lend-Lease Act was passed by the United States Congress on 4 March 1941. This was the act that authorized the manufacture and sale or lease of war materiel to the Allies. This brought the transfer of weapons out into the open, and was in fact 9 months before Pearl Harbor was bombed.

I loved history in high school...sometimes I think I should have majored in it.

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 07-25-2001).]

Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But that stuff you actually charged the British for! You actually charged us out of our gold reserve for some out dated World War 1 tanks that the US had no use for anyway. That helped cripple our economy after the war. And why does everybody always forget the Russians! 28 million of them died in that war and if they had not the Nazis would have gained control of most of Europe and Asia. After that, with Japanese allies in the Far East, Britain would have been comparatively easy pickings in the West.

Even more worryingly was the way American companies were trading with Germany just before and during the war. Principally, Ford motor cars bought parts made in Germany. It is believed these parts were made in concentration camps. So Ford was profitting from slave labour and improving the German economy while it was fighting in Europe.

So remember to thank the Russians, and the Canadians and the Australians for their part in the war!

------------------

sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellently put confused boy...

Silly Girl

ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only draft I will ever be involved in is has bubbles in it. And different spelling, of course. ;p

Upon receiving my green card, I am automatically registered for the United States Selective Service.

I wouldn't fight unless Australia was directly threatened. I certainly wouldn't fight to further US foreign policy.

Bottom line is, I'll go to a military prison rather than pour bullets into someone.

------------------
I like to Carson at least once Daly, otherwise I'd need this!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems clear that the answer for most of the responders is that there should just be no draft or draft registration, period. However, it is pretty clear that the govenment is going to need some sort of way to provide for filling the armed forces in time of war. I really don't see the selective service act being repealed anytime soon, although that might be a good thing. the general thrust of this line of thinking is to aviod the gender equity question althogether by rendering it moot. Perhaps we should rely at all times on an all volenteer force. However, within that force, shouldn't women be required to be engaged in the high risk, and low later civilian benifit, combat specialties as men are. There is some movement afoot to allow women to enter the combat specialites if they so choose, but there is nothing that says that a woman in the armed forces could be made a paratrooper, or a tank gunner, if she did not wish to do so. The same does not hold true for men.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few friends who have served in the American and canadian armed forces. The common thinking according to these "guys in the know" is that women have no business either being in the army at all or at least in combat situations.

Women may want to be a part of the armed forces but like the "gays", certain groups of heterosexual men do not want them there.

------------------
Louise Lalonde
-Scarleteen Sexpert & Volunteer du Jour

"Glad to have a friend like you,
And glad to just be me"
-Carol Hall

[This message has been edited by bettie (edited 07-31-2001).]

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In 1948 when HST integrated the military, many of the "guys in the know" didn't think that blacks should be allowed in the military, or if they were should be kept in seperate units (under white command of course). In some ways, the total exclusion of women from the services would be fairer than the current system. After all the armed forces are often refered to as the "poor person's college". To allow one group to get a disproportionate share of the pulm, non risky spots is simply not fair. After all, how may help wanted ads do you see for infantry scouts, or artillery speciallist? there are plenty of help wanted ads for computer technichans, health care specialists, jet engine mechanics, logistics specialists and the mirrad other non combat type jobs that the armed forces require. Why should one gender of vets come out of the service with better civilian translatable skills than the other?
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The point I think Bettie is making, John. that perhaps you're missing, is that making it more egalitarian in terms of gender isn't something that is being met with resistance by women, but by men, who effectively run the military.

So, for the rules to change, it is those men who have to be willing to change them. You can't but the brunt of it on women -- it'd be a bit like saying that those on welfare need to make demands of those with millions. Only the folks with the power to make those changes who hold the carrds can do so.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

True enough, and much of what I am saying on many fronts requires men to wake up, much the way that women had to wake up in the 60's. Back then much of the resistance to egalitarian feminism (as opposed to the mysangnious feminism which is now in control of the main national feminist bodies such as NOW and AAUW) came from women, not men. I must say that I am not anti-feminist, in the sense of opposing equal rights for women. I am pro masuclanist, in search of equal rights for men.
Ultimately, however, in the U.S. the military is under civilian control. HST was able to integrate the military racially despite the opposition of much of the military, GWB could do the same for integrating the military by gender. Not that I expect this to happen, but someone has to start by speaking out and at least raising the issue.

Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a question though- if a government sends its nation to war, and the citizens of that nation don't want to fight, shouldn't the government be reconsidering going to war in the first place? If people aren't enlisting in the armed forces, then maybe that's a sign that governments should be looking for more peaceful alternatives to war. Of course this doesn't apply to situations such as invasion, but honestly, I think if it came to that, you wouldn't have any trouble finding people to join the army.

And lots of countries get on just fine without the draft and draft registration. We don't have it in Australia (we can get conscripted in wartime, but it's a bit different- no one is actually forced to go to war unless they volunteer for it), and we're getting on just fine.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

If democratic country that goes to war, ultimately it means that its citizens wish it to go to war. Now it is possible for people to wish the country to go to war, but not want to be in the fox holes themselves. Even in the most controvesial of wars, vietnam, there were plenty of women who supported the war. They knew that they would never have to take a bullet, or fire one. The same goes for WW2 and Korea and the Gulf war. Prior to that you can make the argument that it was all a man's affair since women did not have the vote. However, women tend to have higher voter turnout records than men, which is partly due to the elderly tending to vote much more heavilly than younger people, and old women out number old men big time.
Hitler never invaded the US, are you saying that the US was right to stay out until the Japanese struck Pearl Harbor. Should have england not gone to war with Germany in 1939? After all Hitler invaded Poland, not England. Wouldn't it have been much better if the world had stood up to him when he marched into the Rhineland?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.