Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » How do you talk to your parents about sex when they don't want to talk you about it,

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you talk to your parents about sex when they don't want to talk you about it,
Cosima
Activist
Member # 108178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted this as a message on another post so this is actually the forum. I have been having a real rough week. The thing that is driving it is sex and talking about it with my mom.

--------------------
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

— e. e. cummings

Posts: 66 | From: along the east coast | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosima
Activist
Member # 108178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather I saw your reply I agree it just been really heavy to deal with and I just needed to talk about it and let it out.

--------------------
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

— e. e. cummings

Posts: 66 | From: along the east coast | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, well you can certainly go ahead and do that here if you like. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosima
Activist
Member # 108178

Thank you I was just really struggling with it so I used the chat messenger to see if It would help and the operator suggested that use the message boards.

--------------------

— e. e. cummings

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, well, I assume then you want to talk about this here? If so, why don't you get us started? [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForeverDorks
Neophyte
Member # 108603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ForeverDorks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather,
If your parents don't want to talk about it, you can't force them to. Maybe you could try talking to a friend or a family member who is adult and experience with stuff like this. You can also talk to me about it and I will help you as much as I can.

Posts: 4 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

I certainly wouldn't suggest anyone could or should force those conversations (in fact, in my other response to Cosima about this, I addressed that expressly) so I'm not sure what this comment direct at me is pertaining to?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.